Status: Active c:

The North Star

Four.

I was laying on my bed in my actual bedroom when I heard someone walk in. I looked up, only to see Nat. "I know your secret." She sang, coming in and sitting on my bed. "I don't know what you're talking about." I told her, playing with the hem of my shirt. "I saw him, with you in the room last night. You two looked pretty cozy." She nudged me with her elbow. I sighed. "He was just making sure I didn't have another nightmare. It didn't mean anything." She chuckled, nodding. "Okay, whatever you say." She got up, walking back over to the door. "Tony wants to see you in the lab, by the way." I groaned as she walked away. This was the last thing I needed right now.

I slowly made my way to the lab, seeing Tony standing in the lab with Dr. Banner and Loki. They looked like they were having a heated discussion. I cleared my throat as I walked in to make my presence known. When Tony saw me, he smiled. "Hey kiddo." I waved at him, walking over and standing by Loki. "What's going on? Nat said you wanted to see me.." Tony sighed loudly, running his hand through his hair. "Loki seems to believe he can stop your nightmares." I looked at him, narrowing my eyes. What has he told them? "What do you mean?" I asked. Loki smiled at me, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Well, I did keep you from having one last night." I rolled my eyes, scoffing and walking towards the door, but he grabbed my forearm, not allowing me to leave. "You know I'm right. You would've just fallen right back into it if I hadn't stayed with you." I rolled my eyes again, turning to face Tony. "So what? I'm not allowed to sleep alone anymore?" Tony sighed, rubbing his chin. "I mean, I'm just as excited about it as you are.. But we have to try everything." I groaned, hiding my face in my hands. "Good news is, you'll be able to sleep in your own room again." Dr. Banner chimed in, and I glared at him. I didn't see the good news in any of this.

"I can see that you're disappointed." Loki's expression had suddenly sobered up and he was staring at his shoes. He looked hurt. I sighed, "Look, you didn't do anything wrong, I'm not mad at you. I really appreciate what you're trying to do its just.." I paused, wrapping my arms around myself. "I've hurt enough people already. I don't need to hurt you, too." I looked at Tony, tears pricking my eyes. "I-If you want me to leave, I will. I can tell that I'm just g-getting irritating because you don't know what's wrong with me. I-I get it, I really do." He just stared at me, his eyes glossy and his mouth slightly open. I nodded, sniffling, "Its okay." I whispered before leaving the room.

I practically ran to my bedroom, grabbing my duffel bag from the closet and throwing as much stuff in it as I could. I couldn't stop the tears at this point. I threw my duffel bag over my shoulder, grabbing my phone from the bed and turned around, only to see Loki standing in my doorway. I walked up to him, pushing his shoulder so he would move, but he didn't budge. "You're not going to get past me." I shoved him again, but he still didn't move. "Look, I'm a man who has spent my entire life running from my problems.. Take it from me.. It won't make you feel any better." I sniffled, my hand gripping the fabric on his shirt. "I hurt everyone." I whispered to him. "Look.. Let's just try this out for a few nights, see if it works.. And then Thor and I will be taking you to Asgard for some tests. You don't have to go through this alone." I sniffled again, a stray tear making its way down my cheek, nodding slowly.

Loki took the duffel bag from my shoulder and pushed me lightly back towards my bed, setting the bag on the floor. Once I was sitting on the bed, he sat down next to me, putting his arm around my waist. I kept my eyes on the floor, wringing my fingers together. "Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked him softly. He sighed, rubbing my back gently. "I know what it's like to be an outsider. To have people be afraid of you.." Loki was the son of a frost giant.. Of course he was used to feeling like everyone was against him. I smiled lightly, wiping my cheek, "But that doesn't mean that you have to be nice to me.. Nobody knows what I am, really, Loki.. What if I'm a m-monster?" My voice broke on the last word. He shook his head, pulling me into him, placing a kiss on my forehead. "You're not a monster. I've known monsters. You're nothing like them." I couldn't help feeling like he was talking about himself..