Status: Active c:

The North Star

Eight.

Loki walked into the room slowly, dressed in a pair of black jeans and a dark green v-neck shirt. He didn't say anything at first, just walked around to the side of my bed, grabbing the chair and pulling it closer to the bed, sitting down in it. I stared at my hands, picking at the bandages silently. "You are the most stubborn woman I've ever met." I kept my eyes on my hands as he spoke to me, and I could feel a blush rising to my cheeks. "What did I tell you about running away from your problems? It never solves anything. Do you know how worried we were?" His voice went up an octave and I felt tears sting my eyes. "What if something had happened to you? What if someone had hurt you?" I put my head in my hands and I shut my eyes tightly. "I'm the one who does the hurting, can't you see that? I don't know why you're here or why you're trying to get close to me, but you can just stop now, okay? I'm only going to hurt you.. I hurt everybody.. You should just stay away from me."

He stood up, sitting on the bed next to me and pulled my hands away from my head. "Look at me." He demanded, and I obeyed slowly, sniffling. His eyes were the color of the sea during a furious storm as he stared down at me. "Stop pushing me away." He pleaded, his eyes getting softer. I bit my lip, shaking my head. "I don't want to hurt you, too." I whispered. "You won't.. And even if you do.. It would be an honor to he hurt by you." He told me softly, wrapping his hand around mine. I shook my head again, staring at his hand on mine. I couldn't deny the butterflies in my stomach, but I tried to ignore them. He sighed, squeezing my hand a bit tighter. "I'm not going to give up on you." He whispered. "But what if you should?" I whispered back, sniffling again. He shook his head, "You can't scare me away. It won't work. I'm more stubborn than you are."

After I had finally been released from all the machines they had me hooked up to, I was free to go back to my room and begin packing for my trip to Asgard. We were to leave this evening. I had no idea how long I would end up being there for, so I packed a few days worth of clothes along with a couple books. When I had finished, I laid down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I let out a long sigh as I began to count the tiles in the ceiling. I was so nervous about this trip. Who knows what I would find out. Who knows if it would even be safe for me to return.

My thoughts found their way to Loki. Why was he fighting so hard to be closer to me? Especially after I almost harmed Nat and Steve. Shouldn't that be even more proof that he shouldn't come near me? I'm not safe. I looked down at my hands, still wrapped in bandages. It's not like I could touch him without worrying about hurting him. It's not like we could have a normal relationship.. Even if that's all I wanted: normalcy. I'd give anything to be normal, to not have these weird powers. Maybe then we'd have a chance. Maybe then it would be safe for him to like me.. And maybe one day..

I heard footsteps by the doorway and I turned my head, seeing Tony standing there. "Uh.. It's time." He smiled, but I could tell it was forced. I sat up slowly, grabbing my bag and following him. We ended up leaving the building and getting into a car, driving to a secluded area in the country. As I got out of the car, Tony pulled me into a tight hug, and I almost cried then and there. "I promise I'll come back, as long as it's safe for you." I whispered to him. "Screw that. Come back no matter what." I chuckled at his response as I pulled away from him, walking over to where Loki and Thor stood, they were both dressed in their asgardian attire, and it was almost weird after seeing them both dressed in normal clothes the past couple days. As I walked up to Loki, he smiled lightly, holding his hand out to me. "You may want to hold on to me." He said, and I nodded, wrapping my arms around his waist, and he did the same to me. With that, Thor raised his hammer into the air, and a giant beam of light came from the sky, whisking us away.