Beautiful Bugs

Beautiful Bugs

The brisk air kept my tired face energetic and active. I looked around and saw the downtown streets lit in a way I haven't seen before. The street lights and the televisions of the many bars lit the dark night with a beautiful radiance.
I was alone. I was normally alone. I wasn't bothered by this though. When I was alone I was able to let my mind fly free. I'd see all sorts of things. For example, on that wonderful night the world changed before my eyes.
I was standing there, outside of a restaurant I used to go to all of the time, looking at all of the lights. I stared at the bright moon, it's brilliant shimmer was illuminating everywhere that the lights didn't. The giant light in the sky began to change. It started to grow wings. It's shape began to change as well. The moon changed into a firefly. I watched as the bug leaped off of its black canvas and flew past me. It left a magnificent trail of blue light.
This wasn't the first time that I've seen things like this. It happened once before at a summer camp and twice in my freshman year of high school.
I reached out and touched the blue trail of radiant light. It was cold. The other lights in the area began turning into flying creatures as well. There were more fireflies. There were some butterflies. There were even some small birds. They all left bright trails of light as they flew around. Some were cold and some were warm.
The bugs and birds were the only things that were moving, I was able to move as well but only at a slow speed.
If I were with someone else then I would've been focusing on them and what they were saying, I'd miss all of the beautiful lights. There were so many lights and wonderful colors. Reds and blues. Yellows and greens. Purples and oranges. I think I even saw some colors that I've never seen before. The moon firefly was the prettiest. It's blue light was almost hypnotic. I followed it towards the road, touching most of the light trails I could reach. Cold and warm and cold again. I was smiling from ear to ear. I was amazed at the beauty caused by the magical creatures.
I finally made it to the road and as I stepped down off the sidewalk some of the light trails disappeared. I noticed a small dove fall to the ground. I took another step, making my way closer to the moon firefly. Some bugs fell to the ground. With each slow step light trails would vanish and their creators would drop dead. I wanted to stop but the blue moonlight compelled me to continue.
Another bird. Another butterfly. The lights were fading faster and faster. When I eventually made it to the moon bug It was the only remaining creature. It's light began to slowly dwindle. I looked around, the dull black and grey cars of the night started moving again. The longer I stood there the more the remaining light diminished. The dimmer the light, the faster the cars, that's what I started to notice.
Finally, the light went away and the large insect fell to the earth. I turned to my left and looked a brown haired man in the eyes. His giant hazel eyes screamed in fear. Two seconds after that, my light disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this in an hour late at night.