A Town Called Hypocracy

Chapter 6

When we got home the next day,the first thing i did was clear out the spare room so that it was totally empty,dug out the huge padlock from the shed and spent almost an hour swearing and grunting as i slowly managed to attach the latches for it to the outside of the door of the spare room,then i turned to Gavin and Matt,who'd been watching since I'd refused their help."OK,at the next full moon,lock the five of us in here at sundown and don't open it again until the sun is completely up,no matter what you hear,got it?"I asked Matt,who bit his lip and nodded.

The day of the full moon had arrived,and Matt was looking pretty nervous.I sighed and patted his shoulder."Don't worry,the door will hold,we only get violent if we get too close to a human,so just stay away from the door and you'll be fine."I told him,and he nodded,looking a little more relaxed."What if one of you guys goes nuts and attacks the others?"He asked softly,and i sighed."That won't happen,as far as i can tell,our first instinct is to protect each other,that's why Jamie and Lee got dragged into this,remember?"I replied,and he nodded.

Two hours later,the three of them arrived,and we all headed up to the room.A week before,i had boarded up the window,but had left a small opening for the moon to shine in,so it was almost completely pitch black when we went in.I turned to Matt as i was about to shut the door."Remember,keep it locked until the sun is completely up,no matter what."I told him,and he nodded.I shut the door and heard him hook the padlock into the latches then click it shut."I can't see a fucking thing."Came Lee's voice from my left."Don't worry,we should be able to see OK once we change.Speaking of which,we should probably strip off now,the moon'll be out any minute now."I replied,and the room was full of grunts and the sound of people falling against the walls as we stumbled around in the dark.

Once we were all stripped,we sat on the floor,facing the window,and waited.We were talking quietly,when all of a sudden,i had bright moonlight in my face,and i could feel my back starting to ache."Guys,it's time."I managed to choke out,and they all watched as the pain throbbed through me,until i was finally in my wolf form,and they were all in the process of changing.

After we had all changed,we made ourselves comfy and started talking again,until a familiar scent hit my nostrils."Matt's outside the door,i told him to stay away!"I told the others,starting to panic slightly."Don't worry,he's not close enough,is he?"Gavin asked,just as the urge took over and i flew at the door,barking and snarling as i clawed at it,trying desperately to get at him,desperate for just one bite of soft flesh.I continued to claw and snarl until one of the others pounced on me,making me hit my head on the door and black out.

Chapter 8

I woke up with a killer headache and early morning sunlight burning my eyes.I was back in human form,but as i woke up a little more,i realized i was in more pain than usual and my mouth was full of fur.I sat up and looked around.The others were all awake and dressed,waiting patiently for Matt to open the door.I spat the fur out and got up,staggering over to where i had left my clothes."What the fuck happened?"I groaned,and they all sighed."You don't remember?"Jamie asked,and i shook my head."I only remember as far as one of you knocking me out."I replied,and they all nodded."You were only out for a couple of minutes,but when you woke up,you were crazed,you were determined to get through that door,when you realized that you weren't going to get to Matt,you started tearing lumps out of yourself instead."Ian told me,and i nodded,looking down at all the self-inflicted bite marks and scratches that covered my body.

I got dressed and we waited another half hour for Matt to open the door.The second it was open,i stormed over to him and shoved his shoulder."You idiot!I told you to stay away from the door!Have you got any idea what i could've done to you if I'd gotten through it?"I yelled at him,and he gave me a confused look."I didn't come anywhere near the door.I closest i got to it was when i went to bed twenty minutes after i locked you guys in."He replied,and we all looked at each other in confusion.Matt's room was the furthest from the one we'd been in."How the hell did i smell him then?"I half asked myself,half asked the others,and they all shrugged."Wait,you tried to attack me last night?"Matt asked quietly,and i nodded."Just after we changed,i could smell you,and i lost control and tried to get through the door,"I told him,and he bit his lip."At least we know the door'll hold..."Lee mumbled,and i laughed slightly."Yeah,but how many attacks is it going to with-stand before one of us gets through it?"I asked softly,and nobody said anything for a few minutes,until Ian snapped his fingers,making us all jump slightly,he was one of those people who could snap their fingers unbelievably loud."He could stay at my place on the full moon,lock us in here then go over there,then he wont be in any danger."He told us,and we all nodded."Sounds good to me."We all said in almost perfect unison.

After we decided that Matt was staying at Ian's every full moon,we went downstairs.All five of us had seemed to have lost our appetites,but that morning,we were all starving,so grabbed anything we could find,but after only a few mouthfuls of the dry cereal i was eating strait from the box,my stomach started churning,and i could feel the bile quickly rising.I knew i didn't have time to get to the bathroom,so i just rushed over to the sink,hearing groans of slight disgust from the others as i emptied my stomach,but just as i ran out of stuff to bring up,i heard another groan,and as i looked round,i saw Ian turn slightly green,quickly followed by Gavin,then Jamie and Lee,and they all jumped to their feet."I think I'm gonna puke."Gavin moaned,and the others all nodded in agreement.

It took almost half an hour for us to stop being sick,but when we did,we went back to the kitchen table,and had been sitting in silence for a few minutes,when Jamie looked around at the rest of us."Anyone else hungry?"He asked,and we all laughed as we nodded,Matt looking at us like we were insane."I kinda want something with meat..."Gavin said slowly,and we nodded in agreement."Hang on,I've got an idea."I mumbled,then got to my feet,went over to the fridge and pulled out a lump of raw meat,watching the others wince slightly as i bit into it.After i swallowed the mouthful,i waited for a few minutes then smiled at the others."It's staying down."I told them,and they all smiled back,except Jamie."So,all we can keep down is raw meat?Well that's just great..."He mumbled,and we all gave him sympathetic smiles."Oh!Hang on!"Matt exclaimed,jumping up and pushing me out of the way so he could dig around in the fridge for a minute,then pulled out a bag i didn't recognize."I've been meaning to give you this for a week,it's called quarn,it's a meat substitute,tastes like meat,looks like it,it's pretty much meat without animal in it,see if you can keep it down."Matt told him,and he grinned as he took the bag,pulled it open and shoved a handful into his mouth.Once again,he waited for a few minutes,then grinned when it stayed down."You're a genius,Matt!"He laughed,and Matt grinned as he blushed slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apparently the spell check doesn't recodnise the word 'Quarn',but it is real,and it is what i said it is.