Status: Active c:

I'm Not Insane

One.

"Halie, you know that I get super anxious in crowds.. Maybe it's best if I just stay home." I was arguing with my best friend as we got ready to go to a concert that she had gotten tickets for through her boss. That was one of the plus sides to having a best friend show worked for a record label, she was always getting free tickets to shows. "Luna, come on, I have backstage passes. You won't have to get in the pit. I mean, it's Avenged Sevenfold, come onnnn." She begged as she slipped on a pair of combat boots. I sighed, grabbing my own boots from the shoe rack and slipping them on. I wasn't going to win this battle. "Fine. Okay. But don't say I didn't warn you about the whole anxiety thing." She laughed, "Luna, I've known you pretty much our entire lives. I know." I smiled at her before checking myself over in the mirror once more. I ran my fingers through my purple curls and tugged at the bottom of my black tank top nervously. It had been awhile since I had been to a show. A long while. "C'mon, Luna, we're going to be late. We've gotta get there before the show starts so we can get backstage." I nodded, grabbing my wallet and keys before following her out the front door.

Luckily when we arrived, there were still a few parking spaces left, I pulled the Jeep in, cutting the engine and looking over at Halie before I got out. "You ready?" She asked me, and I nodded, letting out a long breath before I opened the car door, sliding out. I pulled at the hem of my shorts, suddenly feeling like they were too short. My legs were covered in tattoos, mostly portraits. I was pretty proud of those, but not so proud of my curves. I wasn't super thin like Halie was. She came around the side of he car, huffing at me, "Luna, you look gorgeous. Now come on." I shook my head, locking the Jeep and thrusting my keys into my pockets before I followed her towards the venue. When we got to the doors, she showed a bouncer our tickets and backstage passes. "Halie Meadows?" The bouncer asked her as he looked down at a clipboard. "Yes sir." She had replied cheerily. "Go through that door, and someone will be coming down to meet you and take you to the band." He told us, pointing to a door behind him, which Halie happily skipped over to. She was quite chipper for being dressed like she was going to a funeral. That's one of the many things I loved about her.

We went through the door, which led us to a small lobby area, where we stood and waited for a few minutes. I toyed with a strand of my hair as I looked around the room, feeling nervousness bubble in my stomach. "I know that look." Halie said to me, putting her hands on my shoulders. "Calm down. We're gonna have so much fun tonight. It'll be insane. And you get to meet one of your idols!" She was referring to Synyster Gates. I was an aspiring musician, and I really looked up to him. No, I wasn't a fan girl. I didn't want to sleep with him or anything, but I wouldn't mind getting a few guitar tips. I let out a breath shakily, nodding to her as someone appeared behind her. "You guys have the backstage passes?" He asked with a smile. "We sure do." Halie responded in her usual chipper voice. He motioned for us to follow him, and we did, walking through another door, and down a hallway. "The band is setting up and getting ready to go onstage now, so they probably won't have time to chat just yet. But you girls can watch from side stage and then hang out with them when they're done." He told us, leading us to where the stage was.

I saw Brian and Zack messing with their guitars right in front of us, and my heart stopped. Jimmy was leaning against an amp twirling his drumsticks as he watched us walk into the room. "Woah! Look at that hair!" He exclaimed, causing everyone to look at Halie and I. My hair was a deep purple color and Halies was more of a rose gold. I heard Brian growl and I moved my gaze to him, watching him search through his pockets frantically. "Does anyone have an extra pick around here?" I immediately reached into my pocket, holding a green pick up towards him. "H-here." I said softly, and he looked at me for a moment, almost confused before he gently took it from me. "Thanks." He said as his fingers brushed against mine. I nodded, my eyes going to the floor. Someone else came into the room, along with Matt and Johnny. "5 minutes!" I'm guessing the man was their tour manager. I saw Matt's eyes make their way over to us, lingering on Halie as he licked his lips absentmindedly. Halie waved at him shyly and he smiled at her in return, looking at her over his sunglasses. He made is way over to us, stopping a few feet away, "Are you the ones with the backstage passes?" He asked, directed mostly at Halie. We both nodded, a little too stunned to say anything. "Awesome. I can't wait to hang out with you ladies later." I was pretty positive that he was flirting with Halie, as I watched his eyes linger on her a little longer than need be. "Shadows, on stage!" He grinned as he walked away.