Status: Active c:

I'm Not Insane

Ten.

Halie led me out into the living room, where I saw everyone was sitting on the couches, and left the recliner for me to sit in. I walked over to it and sat down awkwardly, feeling everyone's eyes on me. "Alright!" Halie said, breaking the silence, "I guess I'll give you my gift first." She handed me a pink bag that had black tissue paper in it. I smiled at her, pulling out the tissue paper and then staring at her, my face turning bright red. She started giggling up a storm. "I'm not opening this here." I told her, setting the bag on the floor next to me, but Jimmy swiped it from me. "What is it?!" He started pulling stuff out of the bag, his face turning a light shade of pink as he realized that it was a purple corset with a matching thong. "Oh dear." He whispered. "Why would you get that for me? I'm never going to wear it. Like ever." I hissed at her, still feeling my face burning. My eyes flashed over to Brian, and I noticed that he was smiling, but that his cheeks were also a little red. Halie couldn't stop laughing, and that made everyone else join in on the laughing. I just sat there, my face hiding in my hands.

Once everyone had calmed down from that, the next present was handed to me. It was from Johnny, and it was a small envelope. I opened it, noticing that it was a $100 gift card to Guitar Center. I looked up at him, "Thank you so much, Johnny. I really appreciate it." He shrugged, smiling, "Happy birthday." The next present I got was from Matt, and it was in a large Manila envelope. I opened it carefully, noticing that it was lyrics to a song. I looked up at him slowly, my mouthing hanging open, and he smiled at me, nodding, "You better start learning that now." I couldn't help myself from leaping out of the chair and tackling him in a hug. "Thank you so fucking much. This is awesome." He hugged me back, and I sat back down. The next present was a new guitar strap and a set of new strings from Zacky, and Jimmy, of course, bought me a bottle of tequila and my own set of shot glasses. I laughed at that and he winked at me.

The last present, and the biggest present, was from Brian. Halie handed the box to me, and I noticed immediately that it looked to be about the size of a guitar. I stared at Brian and he was biting his lip, waiting for me to open it. I opened the box slightly, gasping when I saw what was inside of it, before I closed the box again. "I can't accept this." I said, staring at him. He shook his head, smiling brightly. "It's your present, you have to take it." I shook my head, standing up and walking the box back over to him, setting it on the floor beside him. "I can't. It's too much." I whispered. He took my hand, pulling me down onto the couch next to him, before picking up the box and putting it on his lap. "You're going to take it. Even if I have to open this for you." He opened the box, pulling out the guitar that he had let me play the night we met, but he had my name inscribed on the fretboard with a crescent moon under it. Halie gasped when she saw it, smiling at me brightly. Brian set it in my lap, but I didn't touch it. "Brian, I cant.." I whispered, feeling tears well up in my eyes. "And why not?" He asked. I just shook my head, biting into my lip. Halie cleared her throat, "How about we give them a minute?". With that, everyone got up and went outside, leaving Brian and I alone.

"Why won't you take it?" He asked me, almost sounding hurt. "Brian.. This is like the nicest thing that anyone has ever done for me." I whispered, sniffling. "So, take it." He told me softly, grabbing my hand and placing it on the fretboard. "It's yours." He whispered. I shook my head again, "W-why? Why would you give me this?" I asked him, looking at him, confused. He smiled, "I want you to have it." I bit my lip, picking up the guitar and setting it against the couch next to me, before turning and facing Brian. "Brian.. I.." I stopped, staring at my hands. "What do you want from me?" I whispered to him. He put his hand over mine, rubbing the back of it softly with his thumb. "I just want you to be happy." I chuckled softly before looking back up at him. "But I am happy." I told him softly. He smiled, his hand finding its way to my face, caressing my cheek gently. "Luna.. I want to make you happy." I nodded, biting into my lip again as I stared at him. "You do." His grin grew as he rubbed his thumb across my cheek. "Will you go on a date with me?" He asked, licking his lip. I shrugged, "I'm not really good at dates." He laughed, rubbing his thumb across my bottom lip. "That's okay. I'm not either." I giggled at him, placing my hand over his gently. "Can I be honest with you?" He asked, and I nodded. He sighed, his cheeks turning a slight pink color. "I.. I've wanted to kiss you since the moment I first saw you." I couldn't control the grin that took over my face, so I tried to hide it in his chest, and he took that as an opportunity to hold me close to him. "Are you okay?" He chuckled. I nodded into his chest, gripping his shirt in my hands. "You're adorable, Luna." He whispered, kissing the top of my head tenderly.