Status: Active c:

I'm Not Insane

Two.

Watching them preform was nothing less than amazing. They were so full of energy, and you could tell that they loved their music. I couldn't take my eyes off of Brian's hands the entire time he was performing. His fingers were like magic. I saw him look over in our direction a few times with a strange look on his face, but I didn't question it, he was probably just looking for one of the techs. They started playing Bat Country and Halie and I went nuts. This was one of our absolute favorites. We were jumping up and down and dancing together, and I saw Matt look over at us and grin widely. He seemed to be happy that we were enjoying ourselves. Brian had his eyes closed as he played the song, head banging a few times, sweat beads falling from his forehead, and I found myself in awe. That's what I aspired for. To love my music so much that I got lost in it. I bit my lip as I watched him play his solo, jealous of how quickly his fingers moved. I felt my own fingers tap against my leg, mimicking the notes he was playing. I felt Halie nudge me in the ribs and I looked up at her, only to see her grinning. I smiled back at her, nudging her, too. I was really glad that I agreed to come with her.

When they finally finished their set, they came off the stage, handing their instruments to the techs and heading towards what I could only describe as a break room. There were three couches and a mini fridge full of bottled water. We followed them in, and Halie sat on one of the sofas with Matt, while I took a seat on one of the sofas that nobody was sitting on quite yet. "So, what did you guys think?" Matt asked, taking a huge swig from his water bottle. His voice sounded a little hoarse. "It was awesome. It was my Luna's first time seeing you guys, but I've seen you a few times. You never disappoint." Halie said, seeing as I wasn't very good with speaking to people I didn't know. He nodded, looking over to me, "So, you're Luna?" I nodded, waving awkwardly. He smiled, turning his gaze to Halie, "and you are?" She blushed lightly, smiling. "I'm Halie." He smiled back at her, striking up a conversation with her.

I felt a presence on the couch next to me and I looked over, seeing Brian sitting there, holding my guitar pick out to me. "Luna, right?" I was at a loss for words for a moment, so I just nodded and pushed his hand away. "Y-you can keep it. It's my lucky pick." He looked down at the pick before smiling softly and closing his hand around it. "Thank you. So do you play?" He asked me, and I nodded again. "A little, yeah." I heard Halie scoff from across the room. "Don't be so modest, Luna. She's amazing. She plays guitar and she can sing. She's made a few acoustic covers of your songs." Brian nodded his head at her, smiling again. "Well, that's awesome. I've never really thought to do that." I felt a blush rise to my cheeks and I cleared my throat out of nervousness. I think Brian sensed that I was anxious and he chuckled lightly. "Do you mind playing a song for me?" I was I shock, biting my lip and shrugging. Brian Fucking Haner wanted me to play him an acoustic version of one of HIS songs. "I-I don't have an acoustic with me.." I said softly. "I have one back on the bus. We can take this party out there, if that's okay with you ladies." Halie nodded quickly, looking rather excited. I shrugged again, "S-sure." Jimmy got up fron where he was sitting, clapping his hands excitedly, "Its been so long since we've had people to hang out with who weren't complete stalkers!" I snorted at that, causing Brian and Matt to erupt with laughter. My face started burning.

They led us outside and I suddenly realized that we were far away from where I had parked. I looked around, seeing that the gate that had closed off this area before was now open, so I could easily pull the Jeep back here. "Halie!" I called up to her, where she was walking beside Matt. She turned around, "Yeah?". "I'm gonna pull the Jeep around here real quick. Okay?" She nodded, smiling at me in approval. I went to walk away, when I felt a hand on my elbow. I looked up to see Brian walking next to me, "I'll come with you. It's pretty late and there are a lot of creeps around here." I smiled up at him, pulling the keys out of my pocket, "I forgot that you guys are from this area. How long will you be around for?". "This is actually the last show of this tour. So after we're done here, we'll be taking the bus back to Matt's house and then going home." I nodded, "That'll be nice for you guys. I know what it's like to be homesick. I only moved out here because Halie practically begged me so that she could take the job at the recording company." We had finally reached the Jeep, and I pushed the automatic start button as we approached it. I walked around to the drivers side as he hopped into the passengers seat. "Where are you from?" He asked me as I put the Jeep into reverse. "Tennessee." I replied simply and he chucked at me as I drove over to the bus. "I knew I heard an accent when you were talking." I blushed lightly, nodding. "I try to hide it the best I can." I pulled up right next to the door of the bus, cutting the engine. I didn't get out of the car right away, just stared at the bus, nervousness bubbling in my stomach again. "You're not good with crowds are you?" He observed, and I shook my head. He chuckled again, "Its okay. We won't bite."