Status: Active c:

I'm Not Insane

Three.

Brian led me into the bus, where Matt, Halie, Johnny, And Zacky were sitting on a couch while Jimmy was in a beanbag chair. "Yay! She's here!" Jimmy exclaimed as I entered their living area. Halie smiled at me from beside Matt. I could tell she was absolutely smitten with him. "I'll be right back." Brian told me, and disappeared into the back of the bus. I took a seat next to Zacky and he smiled at me. "What song are you gonna play for us?" I shrugged, "Would it be okay if I had someone play with me? Almost all of your songs have two guitarists.." Zacky nodded, "Yeah, you're probably right. Lemme go grab my acoustic too." He got up, heading in the direction that Brian had went. I felt my stomach tie into knots and I looked over at Halie, who was happily talking to Matt. They seemed to be getting along very well. His arm was wrapped around her shoulder and he kept smiling at her.

Soon enough, Brian and Zacky returned. Brian handed me his guitar, his hands brushing mine as I took it and I set it in my lap, cracking my knuckles and clearing my throat. Zacky pulled up a chair in front of me and put his guitar in his lap. Halie turned her attention to me, smiling encouragingly. I had never really played for anyone except for her. "What'll it be, boss?" Zacky asked me, and I thought for a moment. "How about.. Almost Easy?" I offered and he nodded, smiling. Zacky and I began playing, capturing everyone's attention when I began to sing.
"I feel insane every single time
I'm asked to compromise
Cause I'm afraid and stuck in my ways
And that's the way it stays
So how long did I expect love to outweigh ignorance?
By that look on your face I may have forced the scale to tip

I'm not insane, I'm not insane
I'm not insane, I'm not - not insane

Come back to me, it's almost easy
Come back again, it's almost easy

Shame pulses through my heart
From the things I've done to you
It's hard to face, but the fact remains
That this is nothing new

I left you bound and tied with suicidal memories
Selfish beneath the skin
But deep inside I'm not insane.

I'm not insane, I'm not insane.
I'm not insane, I'm not - not insane.

Come back to me, it's almost easy
Come back again, it's almost easy
Come back to me, it's almost easy
Come back again, it's almost easy

Now that I've lost you it kills me to say
I've tried to hold on as you've slowly slipped away.
I'm losing the fight.
I've treated you so wrong, now let me make it right.

I'm not insane, I'm not insane.
I'm not insane, I'm not - not insane.

Come back to me, it's almost easy
Come back again, it's almost easy
Come back to me, it's almost easy
Come back again, it's almost easy."


When we were done, I kept my eyes closed and my heart was racing. I could feel the blush on my cheeks and I heard Brian clear his throat. "That actually sounded really awesome." I opened my eyes slowly, biting into my lip. "You have a really unique voice, too." Johnny chimed in. I tucked my hair behind my ear shyly, "T-thanks." I replied quietly, handing the guitar back to Brian. He took it slowly, his eyes lingering on my face for a moment, making my blush even brighter. Halie scooted beside me, wrapping her arms around me, "I'm so proud of you." She squealed, and I chuckled at her, "Thank you." She knew how anxious I must have been about singing in front of strangers, let alone playing an Avenged Sevenfold song in front of the actual band. Brian set his guitar on a stand that was next to the tv and came over, sitting on the couch beside me, his thigh brushing up against mine, "Really, that was great." he praised me again, and I stared at my boots. I heard him chuckle, mumbling something to himself.

"Well, " Matt started to say, stretching his arms over his head, "We were just gonna park this party bus at my house which is about half an hour from here and then hang out, have a couple of beers.. You ladies are welcome to join us." I know the invitation was more so pointed at Halie than me. She looked at me, her eyes pleading, and I nodded hesitantly. "Yeah, sure. I'll just follow the bus." I said, holding the keys to the Jeep up. "Would you get terribly mad at me if I rode on the bus?" Halie asked me, her eyes still pleading with me. I shrugged, "No, it's okay. I don't mind." Brian spoke up next to me, "I'll ride with you if you want." He sounded almost hopeful. I nodded, "Sure, if you want to." He smiled softly at me, standing up. "I'll see you in a little bit." I said to Halie, who smiled, and I walked off the bus behind Brian.

The car ride to Matt's house was pretty quiet except for the radio. I wasn't quite sure what to say to Brian. He sort of just stared at me the entire drive to the house. I pretended not to notice, but I secretly wondered why. After about twenty minutes, he spoke. "I've never met a girl who's as good at guitar as I am." I chuckled, shaking my head. "I'm nowhere near as talented as you are, Brian. If I was, I'd be a rockstar, too." I saw him grin and shake his head slightly. "What are you smiling for?" He bit his lip before speaking, making my stomach flutter. "No reason." I couldn't help but feel he wasn't being completely honest. We finally pulled into a driveway, and Matt's house was huge. There was a gate at the beginning of his driveway, and he had to put in a code so we could get through. I pulled up behind the bus, leaving a few car lengths between the two vehicles, before I cut the engine. I saw two girls standing by Matt's front door, jumping up and down excitedly, and I heard Brian sigh beside me. When he got out of the Jeep, one of the girls, a beautiful blonde, ran over to him, wrapping her arms around him and smashing her lips onto his. I saw him look at me out of the corner of his eye, and I adverted my gaze, my stomach dropping. The other girl ran over to Johnny, doing practically the same thing as the blonde girl. So, Brian had a girlfriend. I walked over to where Jimmy and Zacky were standing, watching the two couples. "I thought Brian and Ashley broke up?" Zacky wondered aloud. "I guess she never got the memo." Jimmy chimed in, shaking his head. "Didn't she cheat on him while we were gone?" Jimmy nodded slowly, "Twice." I felt anger surge inside me, although I wasn't sure why. I didn't know Brian, I wasn't his friend.. But I did know what it was like to be cheated on. I saw Brian push her away from him and raise his voice and I adverted my eyes again. "Let's go inside." I heard Matt call, and noticed Halie was practically glued to his side. I followed Jimmy and Zacky inside, leaving Brian outside with Ashley.