Status: Active c:

I'm Not Insane

Four.

I was sitting on a love seat in Matt's living room, laughing at something Jimmy had just said, when Brian walked in, looking distraught. His eyes were red and puffy, I was pretty sure he had been crying. I felt my heart ache for him. He forced a smile, walking into Matt's kitchen. I heard Zacky sigh loudly before getting up and walking into the kitchen after him. They were in there for a few minutes before they finally came back out, Brian smiling a little. He came over and sat beside me on the love seat, his leg brushing mine as he sat down. "Hey." He said softly. "Hey, you okay?" I asked him, before I realized that I may have been out of line. It wasn't like we were friends, I had known him maybe 4 hours at this point. He smiled, nodding, "Yeah, now that she's gone." He didn't say anything else, just put his arm on the back of the couch, joining in on everyone else's conversation.

Halie and I stayed there until it was almost 3am, just talking and laughing with the guys. I never thought we'd all get along this well. I saw Halie look down at her phone, squealing. "Fuck! I didn't realize it was so late." I looked at mine too, letting out a tired sigh. Brian looked at me, smiling sadly, "You gotta get going soon?" He asked me, and I nodded. "I don't have to work tomorrow, but Halie does. She almost never gets days off." Matt stood up, stretching, "Well, we're having a barbecue here in two days, you ladies should totally come." Halies face brightened at the invitation and she looked at me, smiling. "Yeah, you guys should come. Bring your guitar." Brian nudged me with his elbow. I felt a blush creep onto my face, "O-okay, sure. That sounds great." He grinned at me, and his smile made my stomach flutter. I stood up at the same time Halie did, and I saw her putting her phone number into Matt's phone. She really did like him. Brian stood up next to me, tapping my arm gently. I looked over and saw that he was holding his phone out to me. I looked up at him, almost in awe before I took his phone, typing my name and number into his contacts. He bit his lip as he took his phone back from me, typing on it for a moment. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. "Now you have my number, too." He whispered. I nodded, feeling my blush coming back.

I gave everyone a hug, saving Brian for last. It was sort of awkward as he wrapped his arms around my waist, but I think it was just because I was nervous. "Text me when you get home." He whispered protectively, biting his lip as he pulled away, and I nodded. It almost seemed weird to me that he said that, but I didn't question it. I walked out to the the Jeep before Halie, as she said her goodbyes to Matt in the doorway. I got in, starting the engine, and I saw him kiss the back of her hand tenderly. Maybe he did really like her. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, checking my messages, seeing that I had one from Brian. I'm really glad I met you tonight. Can't wait to see you at the barbecue. :) I bit my lip, smiling widely before replying. Me too. Thanks for letting me use your guitar. :) Once I pressed send, Halie was climbing into the car, pushing her hair out of her face. "Oh my god, Luna." She whispered, breathless. "I just got his fucking number, and he invited us for dinner in two days. Can you fucking believe it?!" She exclaimed. I laughed at her, turning up the radio as I started driving us home.

When we pulled into the driveway of our apartment, Halie was typing away on her phone. "He says to make sure we wear our bathing suits. He apparently has a huge pool outback and a hot tub!" She was so excited about this. I hadn't seen her this happy in a long while. I smiled as we entered the apartment, feeling my phone buzz in my pocket as I said good night to Halie and headed to my bedroom. I changed out of my clothes and into an oversized t-shirt, wiped the makeup from my face and ran my brush through my hair before I climbed into bed, checking my messages. Did you make it home okay? It was from Brian. I smiled, replying quickly. Yessir. I just crawled into bed, safe and sound :) I sighed happily, nuzzling my face further into my pillow. He wrote back almost instantly. Same here. I headed home shortly after you did. Today was pretty interesting, so I'm exhausted. I bit my lip, tapping the sides of my phone anxiously. Now I almost felt bad for keeping him up so late. I'm sorry for keeping you up so late.. And I'm sorry you had a bad day.. I know I don't really know you that well.. But she doesn't deserve you. I'll let you go to sleep if you want. I set my phone on the bed next to my pillow, closing my eyes. He would probably go to sleep now. I was just about to drift off when I felt my phone buzz again. Dont be sorry. I really liked hanging out with you. And thank you for saying that.. It means a lot.. I really cared about her.. It just sucks that she'd do that to me. But I'll get over it :) are you going to bed now? I checked the time, and it was a little after 4. I might pass out soon, but we can keep talking if you want to :) I rolled over onto my stomach, checking my Instagram account. I saw that Brian had posted a picture of my guitar pick with a little smiley face as the caption, and I liked it. Within seconds, I noticed that he started following me on Instagram, liking a few of my pictures. My phone buzzed again. Id like that. :) thanks for playing that song for me earlier, by the way. You do have a pretty voice. Another blush made its way to my checks as I responded. Thank you for being so nice. I know it wasn't all that great :P it was nothing compared to your show.
Bring your guitar to the barbecue and I'll teach you a few things :P

That was the night I fell asleep texting Brian Haner Jr.