Status: Active c:

I'm Not Insane

Five.

Brian and I were texting each other almost non stop over the next day, but when the day of the party came along, he quit replying to me. I tried not to think anything of it as Halie and I started getting ready. I had decided to wear a plain black bikini, with an old band shirt that had the sleeves cut off over it. All of my curves were visible in the bikini and it made me a little nervous. When I walked out into our living room, I saw Halie standing there in a red bikini and a pair of sandles, typing on her phone. She'd been texting Matt non-stop, too. I had my guitar case slung over my shoulder, and she looked at me, looking confused. "Why are you wearing a shirt?" I shrugged, "I don't know.. I'm more comfortable this way." She huffed, but didn't argue with me. "Matt says we can come over any time. The only people that aren't there yet are Brian and Jimmy. I nodded, grabbing my keys from the counter and following her out the door.

When we pulled up to Matt's driveway, the gate unlocked and opened for us almost automatically, and I pulled up behind someone else's car, cutting the engine and getting out. I grabbed my guitar from the backseat before Halie and I headed towards the front door. She rang the doorbell and within a few moments, Matt answered, wearing nothing but a pair of swimming trunks. He smiled when he saw it was us. "You made it!" He exclaimed, hugging Halie tightly, and then hugging me. "Come on in! You can put your guitar in the living room. Brian isn't here quite yet." I nodded, walking in after them, setting my guitar case on one of his couches. Halie and Matt headed towards the kitchen, and I headed towards the back porch, seeing Zacky, Johnny and Jimmy hanging out by the pool through the sliding glass door. When I slid the door open and walked out, I was nearly tackled by Jimmy. "You came!" He yelled, hugging me tightly. I chuckled, patting him on the back. "I sure did." He let go of me, looking at me strangely. "But why are you wearing a shirt?" I shrugged, playing with the hem of it, "You can't swim in that, you know." I nodded, "I know." His hands pulled the shirt over my head before I could protest, and then his jaw dropped when he noticed that not only were my legs and arms covered in tattoos, but so were my stomach and my chest. "Jesus Christ woman, I think you have more tattoos than I do!" Zacky cried out, getting up so he could get a better look at me. I chuckled awkwardly, grabbing my shirt back from Jimmy and using it to cover my stomach. "Why are you hiding again?" Jimmy snatched the shirt from my hands. I shrugged, staring at my feet. "Dude, she's uncomfortable. Give her the shirt back." I turned around at the sound of Brian's voice. He was standing in the doorway, staring at me. Jimmy huffed, giving me back my shirt, and I pulled it back over my head, smiling slightly at Brian.

He smiled back at me, before turning around and going back inside the house. My stomach dropped. Had I done something wrong? I shrugged my shoulders slightly, deciding to go over and sit by the pool. I put my legs over the edge, letting them sway back and forth in the water. I was sitting on my phone, scrolling through Instagram, when my phone buzzed, letting me know I had a text. I checked, it was from Brian. I'm sorry I haven't really texted you today. I was a little busy. Where did you go? :( I bit my lip, typing back slowly. Its okay. No worries. I'm just out by the pool. I didn't want to sound too desperate, like I had been waiting for him to text me all day. He wrote me back instantly. I'll be right there :) I let out a sigh, placing my phone on a chair that was behind me. I leaned back on my arms, letting the sunlight hit my face and smiled. It felt nice to be outside. I heard footsteps approach and I opened my eyes, seeing Brian standing over me. "Hello." He smiled, sitting next to me. I looked over at him, noticing that he was wearing nothing other than his swimming trunks. "Hi." I whispered shyly. "Is that your guitar in the living room?" I nodded, and his smile grew. "I didn't know if you'd remember or not." "Of course I did."

We sat together for a few moments, not really saying anything, just staring at the water beneath our feet. "Do you wanna go for a swim?" He asked me suddenly, almost excited. I shrugged, "Maybe after I have a drink or two." He looked at me, confused, as I pulled my shirt down, trying to cover my thighs more. He sighed, pulling my hand away from my shirt. "You shouldn't try to hide. You're beautiful." I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks. "But if you want, I'll go get you a beer." I nodded, not making eye contact with him. He let go of my hand, standing up and walking into the house. I let out a long breath once he was inside, the butterflies in my stomach reaking havok on me. Why was he being so nice to me? And was he.. Flirting with me?

He came back after a few minutes, two beers in his hands. He sat down next to me, handing me one and smiling. I took a few sips from it, smiling back at him. "I'm really glad you came." He said softly and I nodded, taking another sip from the beer before I answered him. "Yeah, me too." Someone turned on the radio and rock music started playing loudly throughout the backyard. I smiled when I realized that it was Korn that was playing. Jimmy came running over to us with two shot glasses in his hands. "Tequila?" He offered, and Brian nodded, taking one. I took the other, hesitantly, before downing it. It made my throat burn and I coughed slightly, before laughing. "Another?" Jimmy asked me, a smile on his face. I nodded, "Just one more." He smiled widely, before running back into the house. I chugged the last few sips of my beer and Brian laughed at me, taking the empty bottle. "What?" I asked him, and he shook his head. "He's gonna be feeding you tequila all night, now." Jimmy came running back, putting another shot in my hand, and I downed it quickly, handing the glass back to him. He ran away again, giggling up a storm. "Just don't let me get to the point where I'm gonna puke." I told Brian and he laughed again, "Dont worry, I'll hold back your hair for you."

I laughed with him, and we sat there for a few more minutes. The sun was finally beginning to set. "Ready for that swim?" He asked me. I nodded slowly, standing up. My fingers hesitated at the hem of my shirt as I watched him stand up. He saw my hesitation and smiled at me softly. "It's okay." He whispered. I nodded, letting out a breath as I lifted the shirt over my head, throwing it where my phone was. He took a moment to look me over, his eyes lingering on the luna moth tattoo on my stomach, before his eyes found their way back to my face. I wrapped my arms around myself, biting my lip. He didn't say anything to me, just smiled as he pushed me into the pool. I wasn't expecting it, and as I went under the water, the coolness sent a shock through my body. When I surfaced again, I gasped, pushing my hair out of my face. Brian was standing at the edge of the pool still, laughing. I glared at him, "You better get your ass in this pool, Brian." He smirked at me before jumping in and swimming over next to me. "I kinda like it when you tell me what to do." He whispered when he got close enough to me. I shoved him, giggling. "Shut up." I could feel the two shots making my brain a little fuzzy already. Jimmy came back over, handing us both another shot from the edge of the pool, which we gladly accepted.