Status: Active c:

I'm Not Insane

Six.

I'm not sure how many shots Jimmy had given me, but next thing I knew, I had my arms around Brian's shoulders and his arms were around my waist, backing me against the wall of the pool. "What are you doing?" I asked him, giggling. His hands slowly went from my hips down to the back of my thighs, gripping them as he picked me up under the water, wrapping my legs around his waist. "Carrying you." He whispered, before he began walking aimlessly around the pool, his forehead resting against mine. "I'm so glad you came here tonight." He whispered, his hands tightening on my thighs. I giggled again, "Yeah, you've said that about 80 times." He shook his head, "And I'm so glad you came to that show. I'm so glad I met you." My giggling stopped, and I stared at him, his face serious. "Brian, you're drunk." I whispered to him, and he shook his head again. "Hey guys! Food is done!" Matt called from the house, and I slid my legs off of Brian's waist, putting some distance between us.

I got out of the pool, Brian following shortly after. Before I could reach the house, he grabbed me by the waist, pulling me against him and placing a kiss on my shoulder, softly. I squealed lightly, pulling out of his arms and running into the house, giggling. We headed into the bathroom where we managed to find two towels. I dried my hair quickly before wrapping the towel around myself tightly. Brian dried off his hair, wrapping the towel around his waist. I stared at him for a moment, his hair drooping into his eyes, a lazy smile on his lips. I bit my lip, fighting the urge to push his hair out of his face, walking out into the kitchen quickly. The alcohol was making the butterflies in my stomach worse, and I'd be more inclined to act on them.

Brian followed me, making himself a burger, not saying anything to me as I made one for myself too. Once I had mine done, I grabbed another beer from the fridge, heading outside to eat. I didnt want to get the furniture wet. As I passed by the living room, I saw Halie curled up on the couch talking to Matt. He must've said something funny because she erupted into giggled, burying her face in his chest. I smiled. She looked happy. I found a table outside by the pool and sat down, eating my burger happily. When I was drinking, food always made me happy. I was just about halfway done, and I was taking a swig of my beer, when I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned around, seeing Zacky standing there. I waved to him, and he walked closer, sitting at the table beside me. "What's up, Zacky?" I asked him, taking another bite of my burger. "Look.. I know you haven't known each other for more than just a few days, but.. Brian is really attached to you already." I swallowed my bite of food, the smile falling from my face. He sighed, "I don't know if it's because you two are getting along really well, or if he's still messed up from Ashley, or a little of both.. But he really, really likes you, already." I looked at the ground, not sure of what to say. "Please don't mess with him. If you like him, great.. But if you're going to just hurt him.. Just let him down easy, now, before it gets any worse." With that, he got up and walked away.

I sat there, staring at my food, suddenly not hungry anymore. I let his words sink in to my blurry mind, trying to understand. Brian liked me? Already? And Zacky didn't want me to hurt him? I sighed. I had to admit, I was starting to like Brian, too.. But Zacky almost made it seem like he was assuming I was just out to hurt Brian. I finished off my beer and stood up, taking my plate inside, throwing it away in the kitchen trash. I lingered in there for a moment, before walking back outside, grabbing my shirt and my phone from the ground. I pulled my shirt over my head, turning to go back in the house, and jumped right into Brian. "Hey." He whispered, putting his hands on my forearms. "Were you leaving already?" His eyes looking sad. I shook my head, rubbing my arm, "I was just kinda cold." I lied. He smiled softly, stepping closer to me, wrapping his arms around me and enveloping me in a hug. "I have a hoodie in the house if you want me to get it for you." I shrugged again, "I don't want to get it wet." He chuckled, letting go of me, "its okay, I really don't mind." He ran back into the house quickly, before reappearing, his hoodie in one hand and my guitar case in the other. I looked at him, confused, as he approached me. He handed me the hoodie, before setting my case on the table, unzipping it and pulling out my guitar. I pulled the hoodie on, zipping it up slowly and inhaling. I couldn't help but notice that it smelled like his cologne.

He sat down in a chair, guitar in hand, tapping his thigh and looking at me. "C'mere. I'll show you a few things." I shook my head, giggling. "I think I may have had one too many shots. I'll be horribly clumsy if I try to play right now." He smiled at me, "That's okay, I'll help you." I bit my lip, staring at him for a moment before I decided. His eyes sparkled as he smiled at me, and his hair was still a little damp. He was shirtless still, and little beads of water fell from his hair, onto his chest, and down his stomach. He looked so fucking good. I swallowed, hard, before nodding and hesitantly sitting down in his lap.