Status: Active c:

I'm Not Insane

Seven.

Brian showed me how to play a few chords to a song he was in the process of writing, and it sounded really great once I got it down. His fingertips were over my clumsy ones, leading my hands to the correct place on the neck of the guitar. The pressure of his fingers on mine only made me more nervous, but I didn't really mind. I'd never met someone who enjoyed music as much as I did, or in the same way. I'd never met someone who actually liked to play guitar for fun. He kept making jokes about how drunk I was and how I was ruining his song, and that made me laugh uncontrollably. We were getting along really well, until I saw a blonde appear in the doorway of the back porch. It was Ashley. I saw Zacky appear behind her, his arms crossed over his chest. Brian gently pushed me off his lap, setting my guitar on the table as he stood up. "Uh.. I'll be right back." He whispered to me, walking over to her slowly. I could see Zacky say something to him as he approached, but Brian just shook his head, grabbing Ashley by the forearm and leading her inside. She had a smug smile on her face as she looked back at me over her shoulder. I felt my stomach drop instantly.

I tried not to let my mind wander to what Brian and Ashley could be talking about. She looked pretty satisfied with herself when he came over to her immediately. I began playing 'Swing Life Away' by Rise Against on my guitar to pass the time. About halfway through the song, Jimmy and Johnny came outside to sit with me, along with Johnnys girlfriend, Heather. When I finished the song, Heather piped up. "You don't happen to know any songs by 21 Pilots, do you?" I grinned at her. "Are you referring to their cover of 'Can't help Falling in love'?" She nodded vigorously. I smiled and began playing it, singing along to the words.

"Wise men say,
Only fools rush in.
But I can't help
Falling in love with you.

Oh, Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
Oh, if I can't help,
Falling in love with you.

Like a river flows,
Surely to the sea,
Darling, so it goes,
Some things
Are meant to be.

Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too.
Oh, For I can't help,
Falling in love with you.

Woah, Like a river flows,
Surely to the sea.
Darling, so it goes,
Some things
Are meant to be.

Oh, take my hand,
Take my whole life too..
For I can't help,
Falling in love with you.

Oh, for I can't help
Falling in love with you."


Matt and Halie had made their way out to us, too, by the time I had finished the song. "That's one of my favorite covers you do." Halie told me with a smile. I nodded, "Its one of mine, too." "You really do have a great voice. If we ever need female vocals on a track, I think I know who we're gonna use." Matt piped in, and a huge smile made its way to my face. "R-really? That would be an absolute honor!" I couldn't hold back my excitement, and he laughed at me, nodding. We stayed outside, talking for a little while longer, before everyone decided to migrate back inside. When we got into the living room, I noticed Brian sitting on the couch with Ashley by his side. Zacky was sitting in a recliner, glaring daggers at Ashley. Brian's eyes looked up to meet mine, and his face went ghost white. I smiled sadly, suddenly feeling sobered up when I noticed his hand was resting on Ashley's thigh, and she was smiling brightly. They must've gotten back together.

"You might as well tell them." Zacky said to Brian, his voice cold. Brian sighed, running his fingers through his hair. I stood behind the recliner where Zacky stood, resting my arms on it. "Ashley is pregnant." He said quickly, looking at the floor. My mouth dropped open a little bit, and I heard Matt groan from the couch, "How are we even sure it's yours?" Ashley's face immediately turned bright red and she, too, stared at the floor. "We.. She's not sure.. But if it is mine.. Then we're going to get back together.." Matt groaned again, covering his face with his hands. "How soon will you know?" Jimmy spoke up. "She's six weeks along now, so next week she can go and get a blood test. They'll compare the DNA to mine.. And the other two potential fathers." Matt stood up, fuming. "Two?!" I saw Brian flinch, his face turning pink with embarrassment.

Matt stomped into the other room, and Halie soon followed, to calm him down I presumed. I felt extremely awkward, so I walked back outside so that I could get my guitar. Brian might be a father? And he might be getting back with Ashley, if he is? I mean.. I admire him for wanting to take care of his child, but.. She cheated on him with two different guys.. He deserved so much better. I let out a long sigh before walking back into the house, heading over to Zacky. "Hey.. I'm gonna head out.. Do you think someone can give Halie a ride home if she decides not to stay here tonight?" He nodded, his face looking pained. "I'm sorry, Luna.. For what I said to you earlier.. And for this." He pointed in the direction of where Brian and Ashley were sitting. I shrugged, "Its okay. I guess he wasn't over her, after all." I smiled sadly, patting his shoulder as I walked past him. "Bye guys." I called to Jimmy and Johnny once I reached the front door. Brian's eyes snapped up in my direction. "When will we see you again?" Jimmy asked, coming over and hugging me tightly. I shrugged, "If things keep going well with Matt and Halie, I'm sure I'll see you soon." After Jimmy let go of me, I walked out the door towards the Jeep, not saying anything to Brian.

I had just unlocked the doors and put my guitar in the backseat, when I heard the front door slam. I turned around, seeing Brian run towards me. I leaned against the Jeep, crossing my arms over my chest, before I realized I was still wearing his hoodie. I quickly unzipped it, pulling it off and handing it to him as he approached me. He bit his lip, staring at the fabric in his hands. "Luna.. I.." He paused, sighing softly. "It's okay, Brian.. I'm happy for you, really." I forced a smile, even though my eyes were burning with tears that threatened to fall. He shook his head, taking another step towards me. I turned around, opening the drivers side door to the Jeep, looking back at him over my shoulder as I stepped in. "I'll talk to you later. Good luck with everything." With that, I slammed the door and locked it, starting the engine. He just stood there, looking shocked. I waved at him as I pulled away, letting a few stray tears fall as "Drive" by Halsey came through the speakers of the car.