Break Your Heart

Chapter One

Tom Hiddleston stood quietly behind the director and crew as the cast of Captain America: The Winter Soldier created another great scene; one of those cast members being his long-time, best friend, Evelyn Patterson.

She was doing amazing, interacting between each of her fellow actors perfectly. Tom couldn’t take his eyes off of her. She fit in like family with the cast and her eyes held a light he only saw when she was happiest.

“Cut!” the director suddenly called out. “Great job everybody! We’ll see everyone back here in the morning!”

All of the cast and crew cheered, gave high-fives and quick hugs. There wasn’t a person in the room without an enormous grin. There was an even bigger one on Evelyn’s face when she spotted Tom in the midst of the cheering crew.

She immediately rushed to him and wrapped him in a huge hug. Evelyn wouldn’t be working with her new friends without him and she couldn’t thank him enough.

“I had no idea you were going to get to come on set tonight!” she exclaimed, stepping back to stare up at her tall friend.

Tom gave her a bright grin, “I had to see you in action, darling. My little Evelyn is all grown up!”

“Oh stop,” she chuckles, turning to look at her other co-stars busying themselves to leave. “I can’t believe I’m working with Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, and even Scarlett Johansson! It’s incredible and it’s all because you gave in a good word. Thank you for letting me have this opportunity. I’m going to say this until I die, you know.”

“Absolutely,” Tom smiles. “And you have talent that needed to be shared with the world. You are going to be wonderful.”

Evelyn shot Tom another smile just as Sebastian Stan, dressed as the Winter Soldier, walked by. He gave her a sweet smile, “Great job today, Evie!”

“Same to you, Seb, as always!”

Tom glanced at Sebastian’s retreating figure and then to Evelyn, who still had her eyes glued to the actor. “Evie and Seb?” Tom laughed. “You’re fitting in well.”

She blushed, “It’s just easier than saying our full names. Not everyone is named Tom or Chris. Even Scarlett is Scar, but you knew that already.”

“Fair enough.” Tom went quiet for a beat and then opened his mouth again, “Evelyn, can we go grab some dinner or coffee? I’d really like to have a chat with you.”

“Yeah, sure! Let me go get changed and we’ll meet at my trailer. Is half an hour good?”

Tom nodded, “Perfect. I’ll see you in a half hour.”

Evelyn quickly jogged away, waving, before Anthony suddenly swooped her up over his shoulder and carried her out with Chris and Scarlett following. All of them laughed as Tom watched on with a smile. She really did fit in perfectly.

Anthony put Evelyn down in the hall and the trio’s laughs died down.

“So where did our dear Sebastian go?” he asked. “He just checked out without telling anyone.”

Evelyn shrugged, “He passed Tom and I not too long ago. He probably went to change, which I need to go do before Tom shows up at my trailer.”

Scarlett raised an eyebrow, “Is he your hot date for the evening?”

“Nah. It’s just us catching up. He doesn’t feel that way about me in the first place, plus I’ve got my mind on someone else.”

“Is it a certain missing person with a lubed up metal arm?” Chris teased.

“Shut up,” Evelyn blushed.

“Maybe he’s waiting for you in your trailer,” Chris continued, wagging his eyebrows suggestively.

She smirked, “I guess I shouldn’t keep him waiting then.”

“You go get him, girl!” Anthony cheered while Scarlett whistled.

Evelyn took that as her cue to leave, grinning at the continued whistles and kissing noises from her friends.
After Evelyn changed into a pair of yoga pants and a hoodie once she got her costume hung up with all the others, she made her way back to her trailer to get into proper clothes.

She hurriedly opened her trailer door and shut it before turning to reach the living space where she found the handsome Sebastian Stan sitting at her small dinning table. He wore a plain black t-shirt and red plaid sleeping pants with his jaw-length hair falling loosely around his face.

“Well hello, again,” Evelyn grinned, coming to stand next to him. She brushed his hair away from his face to take in the adorable grin on his face. “What brings you here at this hour?”

His arm wrapped around her waist to pull her closer, his chin resting on her stomach as he looked up at her, “Am I not allowed to see your beautiful face whenever I want?”

“Within reason,” Evelyn laughed before pressing a kiss to his lips.

“Can I stay for a little while?” Sebastian asked with his puppy-dog eyes.

“I don’t mind, but I’m going to be leaving to eat some food with Tom so we can catch up before he leaves for England.”

“How long do you think that’ll take?” Sebastian asked as he let’s Evelyn go so she can get changed.

“I’m not sure,” she called from the back room. “You’re more than welcome to hang out here until I get back.”

“As long as that’s okay with you.”

Evelyn poked her head out of her room, “I said you’re more than welcome to, goof. I’ll make sure I’m not out too late, okay? I don’t want you losing precious beauty sleep waiting for me.”

“Oh ha, ha,” the actor replied sarcastically.

Evelyn came out in jeans and a green v-neck t-shirt while she giggled a little.

“How are you so quick?” Seb asked her. “You took thirty seconds. Women are supposed to take hours to get ready.”

Taking a seat on her couch, Evelyn rolled her eyes. “That’s only for dates. You should feel lucky that you’re dating one of the few women in the world who take, at most, fifteen minutes to get ready.”

Sebastian stood up and sat down next to his girlfriend, “I’m the luckiest guy in the world.”

Evelyn stuck her tongue out thanks to his corny line and then started brushing his hair with her fingers. “I love your hair longer like this. It’s perfect short, too, but this is a nice look for you.”

He closed his eyes, “It feels nice when you do that.”

Giggling, Evelyn leaned forward to plant a few short kisses on his smiling lips, “You’re cute.”

“Mmm hmm,” he responded, kissing her deeper.

“Tom is going to be here to pick me up soon, you know,” Evelyn pointed out between heated kisses.

Sebastian only runs his finger through her hair in response, messing it up completely.

“Sebastian…” she whined into a kiss, taking his face into her hands to look at him. “Now I have to fix my hair.”

He looked at her, a little dazed, “You’re hair is perfect.”

“Shut up,” she smiled, messing up his hair and then planting a long, passionate kiss on his mouth.

“Only if that’s how you plan on shutting me up every times.”

“Yeah, we’ll see,” Evelyn laughed.

A few more kisses were shared before a knock sounded on Evelyn’s trailer door.

Evelyn slowly pulled away with a frown, “Time to go. Let me fix my hair while you answer it and tell him I’ll be right out.”

“Yes, dear.”

Sebastian kissed her once more and then stood to answer the door. Evelyn rushed to her room.

A grinning Tom was on the other side of the door as Sebastian opened it, but the Brit’s grin slowly faded seeing that it wasn’t Evelyn who answered.

Sebastian runs his hand through his messed up hair to try and tame it, “Hey, Tom!”

“Sebastian,” Tom greeted cordially, forcing a smile onto his face. He immediately noticed the mess of Sebastian’s hair, his flushed face, and his heavy breaths.

“Evie said she’d be out in a minute, but you can come in and wait for her if you’d like,” Sebastian politely offered.

“I’m actually feeling a little under the weather, so I unfortunately need to cancel,” Tom lied.

Sebastian immediately sensed that something was wrong, but didn’t bring it to light. “Well, do you want me to have her call or text you later? She was really looking forward to hanging out with you.”

Tom’s heart cracked when he heard ‘hanging out.’ “No, I’ll get in contact with her in the morning before my flight. You guys enjoy the rest of your evening.”

“Thanks, man. You do the same and I hope you feel better soon because Evie will worry the whole time.”

Tom chuckled, though he didn’t feel happy, “She’s a sweet girl. Take care of her.”

Sebastian nodded, “Absolutely. Have a good night, Tom.”

He waved and closed the door just as Evelyn walked out of her room.

“Was that Tom?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “He said he wasn’t feeling well and that he’ll contact you in the morning.”

“Evelyn frowned, “He seemed fine earlier… I hope it’s not serious.”

Sebastian wrapped her in a warm hug, “He’ll be okay, Evie. Don’t worry.”

“It sucks he’s leaving tomorrow morning… I don’t know when I’ll get to see him next,” Evelyn continued, her cheek pressed to Sebastian’s chest.

She felt his fingers run through her hair as she listened to is heartbeat. She looked up at Sebastian after a few moments, “Do you want to watch a movie with me since my plans fell through?”

“Definitely.”

They share a quick kiss before sitting on Evelyn’s couch and starting up Netflix. While she let Sebastian search through the library of movies, Evelyn pulled out her cellphone and starts a new message to Tom.

I’m sorry you’re ill. :( I hope you get better by morning. I miss you already. Until next time, Tom.

Evelyn hits send on the text before setting her phone aside and cuddling up to Sebastian as the movie he picked begins.

Within forty-five minutes of the movie, both Evelyn and Sebastian fell asleep with each other. Evelyn missed Tom’s text back an hour later.

Don’t worry about me. Enjoy your night and sleep well, darling.

She also missed the moment she broke his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another one shot with Sebastian Stan and some Tom Hiddleston. Sorry to break any hearts, but the imagine I found was too good to not break Tom's heart. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure his heart is in one piece in real life. :) Thanks for reading guys!