A Realm Apart

Bella's New Body

I sleepily opened my eyes, my vision still blurry and full of sleep. I stretch my lips into a smile, awaiting Edward’s melodic deep voice to greet me good morning. I heard nothing. My vision finally oriented, I saw that I was not in my room! Across the bed, a mirror hung to the wall. It took a moment to realize the reflection belonged to me. I could feel my body start to shake from anxiety. What was happening? Was I dreaming? Where were Edward and Charlie? I looked back to the mirror. This body was so different then my own. This body had olive skin, longer legs, and a fuller chest. The nose and lips had more character than my own. My hair was still brown but the texture was wavier. Whoever this girl is, she is beautiful.
Beside the mirror, stuck on by a piece of tape, hung a strip of photobooth pictures. It was me—rather it was her. She was with a boy, physically attractive in nature but no match for Edward’s beauty. I missed him already. How long had it been since I’ve been in this girl’s body?
A phone began to ring. I searched the bed between the sheets to find it. I found the phone hidden underneath her pillow; the screen read ‘Jackson’ and the picture looked like the boy in the photobooth pictures!
“Hello,” I spoke into the phone.
“Violet;” the boy started, sounding apprehensive, “Before you go asking me all these questions I promise I have an explanation for everything.”
So this girl’s name was Violet and apparently Jackson was not in her good graces. “Jackson, I’ll have to call you some other time. I have to go.” I needed to get him off the phone so that I could call Edward. I hung up. I dialed the number I memorized by heart in case of emergencies. The only positive of this situation was that Victoria wouldn’t be looking for me in this body. The call didn’t go through. The number did not exist! I threw the phone towards the edge of the bed. I felt helpless!
The phone landed near a book. The cover read Twilight and the picture was of two pale arms holding an apple. The image felt so familiar. I reached for the book and opened the cover. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion! My name was in this book. It said it on the first page—Bella Swan! I kept reading. It was as if my journal had been published. How was this possible? How could the Cullen’s secret be publicized? I frantically kept searching through the pages to find discrepancies but it was all there. It ended with our prom date. The back page suggested more books existed named New Moon and Eclipse. My head was spinning trying to piece together the logic of what was happening.
“Violet!” I heard a voice call from somewhere above the room. “You have a guest!” They exclaimed.
Maybe that was Edward! Maybe he somehow found me! I closed the book and ran up the stairs to where I heard the voice calling me.
“Hello Violet.”
“Hello Jackson.” I looked at the boy. He appeared fatigued and upset. I looked at the woman who had called me up the stairs. She looked back at me with a disapproving look. This was unmistakably Violet’s mother.
“Violet, I have a lot to explain and I wanted to come here and talk to you,” Jackson asserted honestly.
“Actually, Jackson, there’s something I need to explain to you first…”
♠ ♠ ♠
I think it's important to taste what Bella's been up to in Violet's world but the focus is most definitely in Forks. Let me know if you'd like to see more of Bella!

---------

Sorry I haven't updated in ages! I lost the muse but found some inspiration.
Comment/Follow/Recommend <3

Love,

DMD