Status: ON HOLD. DETAILS INSIDE, SEE LAST CHAPTER.

Learning to Love a God

Loki

As I approach the house, I can see that the door as been kicked in, I look in the doorway and see that there is a Chitauri standing over a young girl. He picks up her arm and says something to her. The girl is shaking her head and appears to be begging. The foul thing laughs and snaps her arm. I can hear the bone snap from here, and her scream is full of pain. The beast laughs again and this time draws and arm back, hand in a fist. He will kill her. I step inside the house just as he punches her, I can hear several ribs crack. Tears are streaming down her face and she spits out blood. I notice a sword in the next room and pick it up. It is surprisingly well balanced. I walk back out into the hall and hear the Chitauri say to the girl, "I hope you still have plenty of fight left in you mortal. I am no where's near done with you yet." I see the girl spit blood in his face and reply. "Rot in hell you bastard." The Chitauri roars, and raises a fist again. I use this time to run him through with the sword. the Chitauri makes a gurgling sound before falling to it's knees. I pull the sword out and look at the girl. Her face is bruised, her breathing is labored, and blood is trailing down her chin. "I hope you don't mind, I borrowed your sword." I tell her. She stare at me for a moment before passing out. "Well that is just great."
I gently pick her up and carry her to her living room. I investigate the nearby bathroom and turn up a surprisingly well stocked medical kit. I manage to splint her arm and clean up the blood, but I am not sure what to do about the ribs. If I had my powers I could heal them, but I don't thanks to Odin. So because I don't know where the nearest hospital is, I do the next best thing. I watch her while she sleeps, so as to make sure she doesn't die.

After a couple of hours, the mortal finally stirs and I lean forward. She opens her eyes and her warm brown eyes meet my piercing blue-green ones. "Your Loki." She says. I nod. "Why did you save me?" she continues. I pause, thinking. Why indeed. Why did I save this pathetic mortal? I could have let her die. "I don't know." I answer honestly. She opens her mouth to reply, but starts coughing, fleck of blood start to appear again. She grimaces from the strain on her lungs. "I need my phone.." she says pointing to a cell phone on the table next to me. I hand her the phone. She scrolls through it before calling someone. "Alex, I need you to come over.. bring your med kit. No, the big one. I can't explain over the phone. Alex-" starts coughing again mid-sentence. "Alex, I'm coughing up blood. Please. I need you." then she hangs up. "Stubborn asshole." she manages to get out, She looks over to me. "Your still here?" she asks surprised. I shrug, "I wanted to make sure that you were okay. The Chitauri beat you pretty badly." She pales a little thinking of the monster. "Thanks for running him through by the way. And I appreciate your concern, but don't you hate us mortals?" she asks. "I don't hate you necessarily, I just know that I am better than you." I reply. "Ah there is the Loki that everyone knows. The cruel one." she tells me.
I frown and open my mouth to say something when we hear a truck pull into the drive. "About time Alex." the mortal grumbles.