Status: ON HOLD. DETAILS INSIDE, SEE LAST CHAPTER.

Learning to Love a God

Charlotte

Loki closes the door behind him as he leaves. I sigh and roll onto my side. It is easier to breathe that way. I don't want to sleep, because that is when the nightmares come. I am tired of reliving my brothers' deaths every night. I can never save them. I have a photographic memory, so I remember all the horrible details with perfect clarity. I take a deep breath and close my eyes, hoping that I won't dream.

I am running down the ruined streets of New York. I can see my house. It is still standing. I can see my family alive.... I sprint faster, but the street gets longer... Suddenly the Chitauri from earlier jumps in front of me holding my sword. I can't stop, I am going too fast and I run into the sword. A gasp escapes my lips as my body slides off the sword and I can I see my blood cover the blade. I am falling, and all I see is darkness. My chest is in pain and I can barely keep my eyes open. Finally I stop falling, I land on some rubble. I look around me and realize that it is the remains of my house. My family is all around me staring at me with their dead eyes. I see my little brothers, Trey and Damon, flesh missing from their bodies, bite marks covering them. My mother's skull is smashed in and my father has indentions all over his body. They begin to whisper. I can't hear them, I don't want to hear them. "Charlie." They say, "Charlie, why didn't you save us? Why didn't you help us? Charlie..." they say it over and over and over again. I begin to scream and I try to cover my ears, but there is Trey, my sweet little Trey who wanted to be a vet, standing over me. He pins my arms down and makes me listen to their horrible words. I scream at them, telling them that I tried, that I ran, but I was too late. I was too late. I wasn't fast enough. I will never be fast enough. "Then we must take our revenge." Damon says as my family falls upon me and begins to eat my flesh as I allowed the Chitauri to eat theirs.

Loki

I bound up the stairs when I hear her screaming. I am afraid that it is another Chitauri. I killed the last one with sheer luck, I don't know if I can handle another one. I burst into her room and I see her thrashing on her bed, "Please.. Please stop.. I tried.. TREY!! DAMON!! MOMMY!! I ran, I promise!! Please believe me..." she is begging and sobbing. I rush over to her bed and I hold her down in an effort to get her to calm down. She freezes for an instant before thrashing more violently. "Charlotte! Dammit Charlotte!! Calm down!!! It's just me. It's just me." I repeat this over and over and eventually she calms down and opens her eyes. She is still sobbing and shaking. I pull her close and hold her tight. She sobs into my chest, I run my hand down her back, "Shh... it's going to be okay. It's going to be just fine.."
"No its not." she says hiccupping. Charlotte has finally stopped crying. "It will never be okay." she says as she pushes herself away from me. She walks into her bathroom sniffling, as she closes the door behind her. I can hear the lock engage.

Charlotte

Fresh tears run down my face as I think back on what just happened. I look at my wrists. I count the scars. I lose count at twenty. Tears are still running down my face as I take a razor blade from the drawer. I raise to my wrist and cute deeply, watching the blood gush. "It's my fault. I should have been able to save them.." I raise the blade again and cut deeper. Halfway through my third and deeper cut, there is a knock as the door. I jumps and the blade moves, I hiss in pain and drop the knife in the sink, which is full of blood. My blood. I am feeling slightly dizzy... "My fault.." I murmur as I sink to the floor.

Loki

I hear her hiss in pain and something clatter. "Charlotte? Are you okay?" I ask through the door. I can just barely hear her reply through the door. "..fault." I rattle the door handle. "Dammit Charlotte open the door!" I say as I lean against it. There is no reply this time. Shit.

Charlotte
My vision is slowly fading to black, and I can vaguely hear Loki through the door. "L-Loki..." I whisper, watching the blood pool out of my arm and onto the floor. Loki shoulders the door open and looks down on the scene with shock and... horror.. ~It was my fault Loki... I owe them this... It was my fault...~ I think before I pass out.
♠ ♠ ♠
SERIOUSLY I WOULD LIKE SOME COMMENTS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER. Also, sorry about the whole bipolar Loki, I cant decide how I want him to act. I definitely want him to have, which will show up next chapter, which I wont post until I get at least comment, a decent one please. I just want some feedback as to how I am doing, I noticed I lost two readers, and since this is my first fanfic, I wanted to know if there is anything I am doing wrong, or anything I am doing well. Thanks in advance.