Status: Science Fiction! This is not a zombie story!

The Second Deimos: Unfortunate Planet

Doli

The girl and the stranger both jerked in surprise at the additional voice.

“I’m here!” Alia responded. She turned to her new companion, “that’s my father…” she spoke nervously. “I’m sorry I couldn’t…” her eyes trailed over to the other bodies on the floor.

Doli shook staring at the mess, “don’t fret child… we’ve been in there…” the gaze met with Alia’s, “what year is it?”

Alia’s father bounded around the corner as he looked into the once magnificent room. “Alia!” he cried out with concern as his flash light glanced across two dead bodies.

“It’s okay father… there… there was a survivor…” Alia waved her hands and the light found its way to both of them. Alia took off her cloak and wrapped it around Doli. Her father stared in utter silence at the two.

Doli looked up at the man, “I’m Doli Galilhali. I am the son of Lord Galilhali, noble ruler assigned to planet Merrulian. Is this Merrulian?”

Alia’s father spoke slowly as he tried to process what he was seeing. “Hello Doli… I am Tomas Volfe… uh… just an engineer…”

Tomas could not look away from the long haired beauty. The cryo-sleep had made the angel like body slim down, but the long white hair stuck to this person seemed to somehow accentuate and exotify the beauty beneath. His daughter had the decency to hide Doli from his eyes, but the fact was Tomas had not seen a woman in a very long time… not a complete human woman at least.

He stuttered through his speech, “I don’t know what a Merrulian is…” he grumbled.

Doli turned back and looked at Alia for answers.

“We don’t call this planet Merrulian, perhaps your people did. We call it Deimos II.” Alia felt a chill run through her body when she pronounced the planet’s name to Doli.

She couldn’t help but wonder about her alien aquantaince. Something about him made her feel nervous. How did he know there language? The walls of this ship were marked in a foreign tongue, not that of theirs. The intercom that had spoken when Alia released him was a different language too.

Doli looked away from the piercing and questioning gaze of the girl child and turned to the man, Tomas. “Is the planet safe yet?”

Tomas Volfe gave a nervous gulp as he looked at the strange being before him. How does one even begin to answer a question like that? He pondered to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapters, so I uploaded twice today.