Status: Complete

Breathe in the Autumn Air

Breathe In The Autumn Air

The crisp Autumn air had engulfed the atmosphere of Baltimore. Nestled in a little grove not far from the bustling city was a house that radiated warmth. Leaves covered the ground from the tall trees in the yard while pumpkins sat on the front porch waiting for their time to be carved. Inside the home the tv was showing sports announcers hyping up the football game that was about to be played between the Ravens and the Panthers. The couch was filled with family as the owners of the home were working in the kitchen. Jack and Alex were both wearing jerseys that proudly displayed the number 9 with the name Tucker on the back in support of their favorite kicker and friend on the team.

"How's it going in there?" Joe, Jack's older brother, questioned from the couch where he sat with his wife, daughter and his and Jack's other sibling May. They were all donned in various outfits displaying the Raven's colors of black and purple.

"Depends, how many times you are going to keep asking that question?" Jack joked.

"He's right though." May chimed in. "We might die from starvation before you finish."

"Blame Alex!" Jack said, pointing an accusatory finger at his husband. "He's the one who needs it to all be perfect."

Alex stopped what he was doing, cocking his head towards the taller man. "And who is the one who begs for my cooking all the time because he says my food might even be better then his own mother's?"

A chorus of 'ohhhhhs' came from the couch which gained Alex a satisfied smirk on his face while Jack pouted.

"My own family has turned against me." He whined. Alex rolled his eyes and grabbed his husband his husband's jersey by the collar and brought him in for a kiss. Jack smiled into the kiss and giggled from happiness as they separated.

The two went back to finishing the food. There was veggie spread, ingredients for salad along with various chips and dips. Alex was putting the final touches on the main course, one of Jack's favorite, sloppy joes. Alex was ready to set out the of mean and the buns while Jack put the dishes away when they heard a voice yell from the stairs.

"Daddy! Baba! Look at it!" Their daughter Sydney called out as she ran down the stairs. The five year old who had just started school this year ran down the stairs. When she reached the bottom she twirled around in her little jeans and matching Tucker jersey like her Dads.

"You look adorable princess." Jack said and opened his arms for Sydney to run into, which she did. He picked her up and situated her upon his hip. She gave him a kiss on the cheek which he returned.

"Are you excited about today, baby girl?" Alex asked as he walked over to the pair in the kitchen with him, leaning over to give his daughter a kiss as well. She nodded her head yes excitedly, hair flying everywhere with her enthusiasm.

"Are they here yet?" She questioned, trying to look around her parents for what she was searching for. The 'they' in question were Zack, Rian and Cassadee who were also coming over to watch the game.

"Not yet, but they are on their way. Why don't you go wait in the living room with Uncle Joe and Aunt May?" Alex told her as Jack set her down on the floor.

"Barakat barrel roll!" She called out, running and jumping onto her aunt and uncle. After she landed they began to tickled her. May grabbed the girl, settling her between her legs and begin take her long, dark brown hair whose mimicked Alex's and brought it into a high ponytail.

Jack and Alex continued cleaning up until they had the kitchen back to the way it was before. Alex was putting the last pot down into one of the lower cabinets beneath the sink. Jack looked around, making sure the focus of the room was somewhere else before reaching down and smacking Alex's ass before he stood back up. Alex shot up quickly with a squeak, promptly turning whatever was holding the rooms attention before was now on him.

"Sorry, I just, um slipped, ya know?" Alex stuttered as Jack snickered behind him, leaning on the counter attempting to look innocent. He saw the knowing looks the other three adults in the room gave him while the two children talked excitedly among themselves. Alex turned around and glared at Jack, opening his mouth to say something smart but then the doorbell rang.

"They're here, they're finally here!" Sydney exclaimed, jumping off the couch and running to the front door. Her parents laughed at her and Jack followed behind her to help her with the door. Before he got too far away though Alex quickly reached down and pinched his butt. Jack halfway turned around, walking backwards to get to the door, glaring lightly at the other male. 'This means war' Jack mouthed to Alex before reaching their daughter who had this point had pretty much opened the door to let the rest of the crew in. The group moved into the living room while exchanged their hello hugs and kisses.

"Hey Sea Sea, look at what we got you before we came here." Rian told the little girl in front of him, gesturing to Cass to get the gift out of her purse.

"Present, present, present!" Sydney chanted while clapping her hands.

"Tada!" Cass said as she held out the gift in front of Sydney. It was black and purple ribbon hair tie that had the Ravens symbol on it, similar to what a cheerleader would wear.

"I love it!" Sydney told the pair, clapping her hands even more.

"Do you want me to put it on for you?" Cass asked her. Sydney nodded while Cass crouched down to help place it in her hair.

"So every time you guys come over you are just going to give her presents?" Alex asked Rian as they both watch Cass help his daughter.

"Well duh, why else would we come over here? To see you two dumbasses?" Rian told him with a big smile. Alex stuck his tongue out at him but smiled in return. He was really happy to have all three of these guys in his life and to be around his and Jack's daughter growing up. Alex looked over to where Jack and Zack were talking, noticing the bag the larger man was trying to keep slightly hidden behind his back. Zack made brief eye contact with Alex, who lifted his eyebrow glancing down to the bag and back up. The bassist ignored him completely and went back to his conversation with Jack until Sydney came over to talk to her other uncle. Cass and Rian went to go talk to Joe and May as Alex wandered over to his husband, daughter and bandmate.

"Don't you agree, daddy?" Jack asked as Alex finally joined their group.

"Of course I do! What am I agreeing too?" He asked with a confused look making the other men laugh.

"That my bow is pretty. You're so silly, daddy." Sydney giggled up at him, remind Alex of Jack earlier that morning.

"You are always pretty, Sea Sea." Alex told her kissing the top of her head.

"Hey princess," Jack said getting her attention, "why don't you close your eyes and hold out your hands? Someone has a surprise for you" He smiled as he watched his daughter gasp and quickly do what he told her. He knew it would work as she got her love of surprises from him.

Zack repeated Cass's previous actions and got his present out of the bag and then crouched down in front of the brunette girl. He set the mystery item in the small hands of the girl before telling her to open her eyes.

"I see there was a theme." Alex commented, watching his daughter hug the newly revealed present to her chest. It was a brown teddy bear with both a Ravens helmet and jersey on, the name Flaco written on the back.

"Thank you soooooo much!" She told Zack, making grabby hands for him to lean back down so she could kiss his cheek. Once he did, she ran off to show her cousin her new things.

The afternoon went on and slowly dipped into the night as the game was finished with a tie even after over time. Both of the children had fallen asleep. Their friends all said their goodbyes and planned for another day to meet up soon as they left the house full of food and joy. Once the last person had left Jack walked over to see Alex leaning over the back of the couch softly stroking their sleeping daughter's face. He wrapped his arms around the shorter mans waist.

"I'm the luckiest man on the planet." Jack said, nuzzling Alex's neck.

"Well if you are then how can I be?" Alex told him, looking him in the eyes before they both started laughing loudly. They quickly stopped themselves as to not wake the sleeping girl beneath them. "Okay that was too cheesy even for us."

Alex laced their left hands together, bringing them up to his face to kiss the wedding bands on both of their fingers.

"I love you, Jack" Alex whispered softly as to not break the moment.

"I love you, Alex" Jack whispered back with the same love and intention. The two shared a soft, passionate kiss that left them both breathless. They were silent for a moment, both just taking the time to paint this scene in their head, etching into a permanent memory.

Well, until Sydney started snoring.

"And that is why she is your kid." Jack said, untangling their hands and going around to pick up their daughter.

"Hey! I only snore sometimes thank you very much." Alex replied. "I could be like Zack, he could wake up the whole state of Maryland."

"Keep telling yourself that, babe" Jack said as he made fake loud snoring noises as he took Sydney upstairs to place her in her bed.

"Keep telling yourself that." Alex mocked behind his back before following him up the stairs as well.

These were the moments though. The ones that will never be forgotten. The ones that make whatever fights they may have worth it. The ones that made them want to get married and go even further to have a child together. For better or for worse the two band member could not be more happy together with each other and the life they have built.