Status: (Warnings of Self-Harm ... and implied Child Abuse ... Also Suicide)

My Little Alien

This I Promise You

When the visions around you. Bring tears to your eyes. And all that surround you. Are secrets and lies. I'll be your strength. I'll give you hope. Keeping your faith when it's gone. The one you should call. Was standing here all along.

Bismuth had got to the hospital shortly afterwards as she was called in. The others were right behind her, once again waiting in the hospital waiting room. They were all worried sick, this wasn't happening, they had lost Rose they couldn't lose Amethyst as well.

Peridot was in a room by herself, she was in pain, but they couldn't do anything until they had her parents' consent. She was practically jumping out of her pants, she was so scared. She wanted to know what was going on with Amethyst no one will tell her anything. That's when Bismuth came into her room, in a nurses outfit. “Hi, sweetie. How are you doing?” she asked walking over to her. She had an ice pack in her hand wrapped in a paper towel. She gently placed it on Peridot's black and blue hand.

“Scared. Do you know what is happening with Amethyst right now?” The look on Bismuth face tells Peridot that she knows. “Tell me, please.” Bismuth bites her lips and sighed as she pulled the rolling stool in front of Peridot. Her stomach dropped at the look on the older lady's face.

Bismuth ran her hand through her rainbow hair and started to whisper to Peridot, her voice was full of sympathy as she spoke. “She isn't responding to the doctors. She is in a coma, Peridot. She has multiple injuries to her stomach, face, and a blow to the head. The doctors don't know if she is going to make it out or if she is going to stay in the coma. They have to keep her here.”

Peridot's eyes started to water again, they were already red and puffy. She shook her head, letting her hair fall over her eyes. She has been wearing contacts lately, and the crying didn't help her one bit. “This cannot be happening. Why now? What the hell did we do to deserve this.” She hated to cry in front of people, but it couldn't be helped.

And I will take you in my arms. And hold you right where you belong. 'Til the day my life is through. This I promise you. This I promise you. I've loved you forever in lifetimes before. And I promise you never. Will you hurt anymore.

“You two didn't do anything, some people are just bad, something happened to them and they don't know how to not take it out on people.” Bismuth placed a hand on Peridot's leg, and rubbed softly. Then, the door opened to reveal an intoxicated Mr. Salazar and an annoyed Mrs. Salazar. Bismuth got up and stood next to Peridot, she was as tall as Mr. Salazar. “May I ask who you two might be?”

Mr. Salazar's speech was slurred as he spoke. “We are Peridot's parents. We came to pick her up.” He wobbled over to Peridot, but Bismuth stood in front of her. “Get out of the way.” He was wobbling back and forth before Mrs. Salazar walked over and held his shoulders in place.

“I'm sorry, but I cannot let her go, with you.” Bismuth said. Mr. Salazar got angry and lifted his fist to swing when Bismuth grabbed it midway. “I said you need to get out of this room now. I am not letting her go with you.” She said deadly calm. “Mrs. Salazar, take your husband to the waiting room and come back. I need you to sign some papers to give the doctor consent to help your daughter.”

They walked out of the room, and Bismuth closed to the door, before turning to look at Peridot with a hand on her hip. “They are always like that...” Mumbled Peridot embarrassed. “I really don't want to go home, please don't let me go back with them.” she begged with tears in her eyes. Bismuth moved just in time when her mom came back into the room.

“I'm sorry about my husband, he isn't usually like this. He just had poker night with his friends, you know how men are. I bet your husband does the same thing.” Mrs. Salazar said, laughing nervously.

“Actually, I don't. My wife stays at home with our two dogs, and reads. We don't believe in drinking and gambling.” Bismuth said and clenched her jaw at the disgusted look the lady gave her. No wonder Peridot didn't want to go back with them. She picked up her clipboard and pen. “Sign here and here. Then, here to give Peridot permission to talk with BCPD.” Her mother grabbed them and signed the two spots before stopping at the police one.

“Why does she need to talk to the police?” Asked her mother.

“Peridot, and her girlfriend Amethyst, got ganged up on while taking a walk on the beach on the way back to Amethyst's house. They need a report done, so they need your permission to talk to her about it.”

“Her girlfriend? You must be mistaken, Peridot isn't gay nor is she dating that girl.” Peridot's mother argued sounding disgusted with the whole idea, and glaring at her daughter, like they were going to discuss this later. “And if she was, I assume it was a good cause why the other girl got ganged up on. Whatever happened the two deserved it. So, no I will not sign the paper. Fix my daughter and send her out when she is done. We will be going home.” Mrs. Salazar pushed the clipboard into Bismuth's hands. “And I will be requesting a different nurse.” She walked out of the room.

She stayed there for a good thirty minutes until anyone came back. Her hand was killing her, as the doctor and Bismuth came back. The doctor was a tall black women, with an Afro. Her name tag read “Dr. Garnet.”

“Hello, I am Dr. Garnet, I will be taking care of you while you are here.” She held out her callous hand out to Peridot. Peridot looked at Bismuth who nodded, and then shook Dr. Garnet's hand with the non-broken one. “Ms. Bismuth told me what happened, may I see your hand.” She gently took the hand with hers making sure not to hurt her in the process. “It does look like a broken hand, but we won't know for sure until we get some x-rays.” Bismuth rolled the wheelchair that was in the corner of the room to Peridot. Who got in with the help of Dr. Garnet.

As they were rolling her to the X-Ray room, Dr. Garnet started to talk to her. “Bismuth, here told me you do not want to go home, and she doesn't feel safe having you go home. Why is that?” Peridot chewed on her bottom lip.

“My father is an alcoholic, and they are abusive to me. I do not want to go home. I also want to see my girlfriend.” She said she was stopped in the hall as Dr. Garnet keeled down in front of Peridot.

“I will with all my power not have you go back with them. Do you have somewhere to stay?” Peridot thought, she could stay with Ruby and Sapphire, or Matt and Steven. Even Pearl. She nodded. “Good, you will stay with them until we get thing situated with your parents.” She moved to the side and opened the door to the X-Ray room.

~ ~ ~ ~

It was about 15 minutes later when she went back to her room. It finds out that all five of her Metacarpals bones were broken in her palm. Along with two of her fingers. They had to reset them which hurt like a bitch, and they put a cast on her hand. “There, does that feel better?” Dr. Garnet asked.

Peridot nodded softly. “Can I go see Amethyst now? Please?” She asked, Dr. Garnet. The doctor looked at Bismuth who nodded. Peridot jumped off the bed and headed towards the door, where she heard laughter. Turning around both of the ladies were laughing.

“Do you know where to go, sweetie?” Asked Dr. Garnet, Peridot's cheeks turned light and shook her head. “We'll show you alright? I'm her doctor as well.” All of them walking out of the room, Bismuth went the opposite way to tell the others. They walked in silence as they went to Amethyst's room. The room was quiet with the steady beat of the heart monitor hooked up to Amethyst. “There is not much we can do for her, I hope you realize that Peridot. The people did a number on her.”

Peridot walked over to Amethyst, she was bandaged up, her head hand a bandaged wrapped around her, her cheeks were bandaged and her nose was as well. There was bandages up and down her arms, and that's all she could tell as her girlfriend was covered up with the blanket. A bunch of machines attached to her. “I'm sorry, but can you give us some time alone, please?” Dr. Garnet nodded, understanding somewhat of the pain she was going through. “Thank you.” Peridot said before getting left by herself with Amethyst.

I give you my word. I give you my heart. This is a battle we've won. And with this vow. Forever has now begun. Just close your eyes each loving day. I know this feeling won't go away, no. 'Til the day my life is through. This I promise you. This I promise you.

~ ~ ~ ~

Waiting Room

Mr. and Mrs. Salazar was making a commotion when Bismuth made it to the waiting room. “We want our daughter to come home now!” yelled Mr. Salazar, his words were slurring. People were staring at them. “It's been more than an hour. She should be done now.”

“I'm sorry, but what is going on here?” Bismuth asked calmly. She was boiling inside, but she had to keep a calm posture. Mr. Salazar whipped around, and angrily looked at her. “Did you hear me? I asked what is going on here?”

“Nobody fucking asked you, to get involved did we?” Snapped the man, he turned back around and started yelling at the lady in the front desk. There was a tap on his shoulder, when he turned around, he was socked in the mouth, blood started to pour out.

“I don't like how you treat women, Mr. Salazar. You don't raise your voice at my Aunt, or to this nice lady here.” Matt keeled down and grabbed the front of the older man's shirt. “This one.” He punched him again. “That one for how you treat Peridot at home. You don't think we know. We know everything what you and your wife does at her. We see the bruises on her body. Around in these parts, we don't accept that shit. You understand me, Mr. Salazar?” Mr. Salazar nodded. “I might go to jail for this little stoop. However, it was all well worth it. Oh. Also, I will be at your house later with Peridot, to get some of her shit. She is coming home with me. And you will have nothing to say about it. You do, I have family in the PD. I will get your ass for Child Abuse, Child Endangerment, and disorderly conduct.” He got up off of the man, and stepped away. His wife helped him up glaring at him.

Two cops came into the waiting room of the hospital. “What is going on here?” asked one of the cops, he had a British accent, and was pretty tall. As tall as Matt was.

“This young man, assaulted my husband. We would like to press charges.” Said Mrs. Salazar. The cop who talked looked at Matt and shrugged, he turned around and put his hands behind his back, letting them take him freely.

“I'm not going to fight. I did punch the crap out of Mr. Salazar, I had a good reason too. He is a child abuser along with his wife. He is drunk and he was making a scene in the hospital. He treats women like shit. Getting arrested on my birthday? Sure, I don't mind. I did what I wanted to do. Take me away if you like.” He said, and the cop cuffed him. Before his partner, called for back up as they cuffed Mr. Salazar as well.

“If I say so myself, I am a nurse here at the hospital. It is true that they do abuse their child. We have records in the hospital base of unknown bruises on the child's body.” Bismuth said before walking over to Matt, that was sat down a little ways from Mr. Salazar that, was fighting the police. Mrs. Salazar was yelling and crying as they held her in place when two more cops came and cuffed her as well. “I'll bail you out as soon as I can, Matt. Do not worry.” Matt shrugged.

“Eh, I don't mind spending the night in jail, Auntie. It was worth it. Just don't tell dad.” Steven ran over to his brother and hugged him tightly.

“Why did you do this, Matt?” He cried out before he had to let go so the police officer could take Matt away. He winked at the rest of his friends and gave them his signature smile before getting taken away through the sliding glass doors. “Is he going to be okay?”

“Yes, Steven. He is. You are going to stay with me tonight, alright? We will get Matt, out of jail first thing in the morning.” Bismuth walked over to the group and explained what was going on with Amethyst, then Peridot.

“A-Amethyst … she might not wake up?” Cried Pearl. “No, this cannot be happening. Amethyst is our sister, and our best friend.” Pearl fell on her knees and cried into her hands, Sapphire bent down and held her close to her.

“Peridot, she isn't taking this well is she?” Bismuth shook her head at Ruby, she was the one who asked the question. “I thought so. Where is she going to stay tonight?”

“I am bringing her home, along with Steven. I need to watch them both.” She told three. “I have to go check up on Peridot. You three better get home and get some rest. We will come here tomorrow morning to see Amethyst. Steven, come with me let's go.” She grabbed Steven's hand and held it while they walked to Amethyst's room.

Over and over I fall. When I hear you call. Without you in my life, baby. I just wouldn't be living at all.

~ ~ ~ ~

Amethyst's Room

A little bit before Bismuth and Steven got to the room, Peridot was holding on to Amethyst's hand. She had no idea what went down in the waiting room, and she wouldn't care for it if she did know. All that was on her mind was her girlfriend, Amethyst. That's it. Nothing else. “I feel like somehow this is my fault. I don't know why, but I feel like it is. It's my fault that you are in here. My fault that you are so broken now. I am a bad luck charm, baby.” Peridot squeezed Amethyst's hand.

She climbed up on the bed and curled up against Amethyst her head on her chest. “I don't want to leave your side. You might wake up tomorrow. The doctors are wrong. I know they are. They are all wrong. You'll wake up tomorrow, and be better.” She let her tears sink through the covers on Amethyst when the door opened to see Bismuth and Steven standing there.

“It's time to go sweetie. I am taking you back to my place. You had a rough night, and it's time to sleep.” Bismuth said and walked over to Peridot, who kissed Amethyst's cheek and got off the bed. She grabbed Bismuth stretched out hand and walked with her out the door. Steven wrapped his arm around Peridot's, and walked with them.

And I will take you in my arms. And hold you right where you belong. 'Til the day my life is through. This I promise you.

~ ~ ~ ~

November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Day

Just close your eyes each loving day. And know this feeling won't go away, no. Every word I say is true. This I promise you.

It was Thanksgiving Day, two days after the incident, and two days that Amethyst still hasn't woken up. Once Matt was out of jail, which was yesterday, he kept his promise and went to Peridot's with her to get her things that she needed, and let her stay in the guest's bedroom at his house. Right now, she was in bed, crying. She didn't know what to do without Amethyst there. She didn't know what to make of all of this. Her father was still in jail, she was kind of glad for that. Her mother was out though, she didn't want anything to do with Peridot. She actually kicked her out of the house.

Curled up in a ball, she didn't want to go anywhere. However, she wanted to see Amethyst, that was the only reason why she got out of bed that day. It wasn't the fact that Matt, and Steven wouldn't stop knocking on her door. They wanted to go over to Ruby and Sapphire's place, to help them start making Thanksgiving dinner. It wouldn't be the same without Amethyst wanted to eat all the food. And they all knew it was true.

She dragged herself out of bed and got dressed from the clothes she has been wearing for two days ago. She dragged her legs out of the bedroom, where Steven and Matt, were waiting for her in the living room, they were ready to go. And so was her. They didn't say anything to her or try to cheer her up as they drove to their friends' house. When they got there, they saw Greg's van was there already, along with Pearl's little green buggie.

Peridot walked inside and waved at the others, however didn't say anything to them. She walked right into Amethyst's room, flopping on the bed. She grabbed the alien that she liked to leave there and cuddled with it. It smelled like Amethyst's. Cigarettes and Weed. She lets out a sad forced laugh. She laughed at the fact on how much she missed that smell, when she was just repulsive of it four months ago. Four fucking months, and she was already going to lose her girlfriend. Over what? Jasper being the biggest bitch in the world.

When she was drifting back to sleep, with the smell of Amethyst in her nose, there was a knock at the door. “Peridot, it's Bismuth. Can I come in?” she asked. Peridot didn't answer her, so Bismuth just let herself in. “I am heading to the hospital with Steven. We are going to check up on Amethyst, do you want to go with us?” Peridot got up and grabbed the alien, walking out of the room, without saying a word to no one, once again.

She got in the front seat of the 1991 Oldsmobile Bravada truck that Bismuth owned, waiting for the other two. Steven got in the back on the driver's side while Bismuth got in on the driver's side. “Peridot, how are you this morning?” Steven asked trying to make conversation with the young girl. They haven't spoken anymore than a couple of words each since the 22nd. Peridot held up a thumbs up before putting it down and staring at the window. “I am guessing you are doing well. Um, yeah I am okay, too. I am excited for later. I love the food that the family makes. I wish mom was here to make her famous pies. Pearl, she said she was going to try to make them for me this year.”

Peridot never answered him back. Some say that was rude of her, others would say she had a good reason not too, as she had a lot on her mind as it is. They made it to the hospital in about twenty minutes. When they parked, Peridot got out and walked into the hospital, leaving the others behind. She walked down the hall, in the elevator, and down the hall once again. She made it to Amethyst's room. Dr. Garnet came out, almost knocking into Peridot.

“Oh, hello there, Peridot. Came and see Amethyst?” Peridot nodded, Dr. Garnet looked down at the alien. “How cute, is that for Amethyst? I bet she would love that. I can see you are not in a very talkative mood so, I will catch you later. Oh. And have a Happy Thanksgiving, Peridot.”

The doctor walked away, as Peridot walked into the room. Amethyst looked the same from two days ago. She was still broken, and on the ventilator. Her heart was a steady beat, as if she was in peace. Peridot was happy that she wasn't suffering from pain right at the moment. She walked over to Amethyst and set the alien on the bed next to her. She finally spoke for the first time all day. “I wish you would wake up already. I am nothing without you, Ames. I am lost. Dad, is in jail, and mom kicked me out. I don't know what to do or feel about all this.” She pulled the chair up to the bed, and grabbed her hand. “What do I do?”

Bismuth and Steven made it too the room, five minutes after she did. They both held flowers in vases and teddy bears. They put it on Amethyst's table near the window. She was lucky enough to have her own room this time. “How is she doing?” Steven asked walking over to Amethyst.

“She looks like she is doing pretty well.” Bismuth responded standing behind Steven, with her hands-on his shoulders. “She is strong enough to make it through. I know she is. Anyway, I am going to get some coffee. Let's go Steven, I'll get you something. Peridot, you want something?” She shook her head and Bismuth nodded. “Alright. We'll be right back.” They walked out of the room.

They didn't stay there long, even if Peridot wanted to stay, they were her ride home. They got back to the house, where she stayed in the living room. It was noisy in here. Everybody was excited for dinner, and desert. She was okay with all of this. It was around four, when the food was done and they gathered around the table. Bismuth was siting at the other end of the table, leaving Rose's and Amethyst's seat empty. No one dared to sit in there. It was just a reminder on whom they lost in their lives, or the ones who weren't there to celebrate this day with them.

“Gather hands.” Bismuth said and everybody grabbed each other hands. “I would like to say a prayer, and I normally don't do this, but as you can see we are missing two very important people in our lives. Now let's bow our heads, as I say the prayer. Our Father in Heaven, we give thanks for the pleasure of gathering together for this occasion. We give thanks to the food prepared by loving hands. We give thanks for life, even though the lovable Rose Quartz isn't here to share this day with us. Just the freedom to enjoy it all, and all the blessings. We pray for health and wellness, and we pray for our dear friend Amethyst to get well soon. This we ask in the name of Christ. Our Heavenly Father.” They said amen, before chatter started up once again and food was passed out around. That night Peridot barely touched anything.

~ ~ ~ ~

December 5, 2016

They were back at school, Peridot was thin, bags under her eyes. She barely associate with anyone anymore and kept to herself. She had stopped talking. No one had heard a word from her since, the incident. She had started to self harm again as well, but not on her arms, so her friends didn't expect anything. Amethyst was still in the hospital, it was the 14th day, the doctors were losing hope quickly. Dr. Garnet, though, still had hope for the young Latino. Peridot did too, but she was losing it slowly.

She passed Jasper in the halls of the school, the bigger girl gave her a glare before laughing with her girlfriend, Lapis as they walked to their classes. It took Peridot a lot to not break down and cry when she saw Jasper. It was hard to hold back tears. Period. She walks into her third period Chemistry class, took the notes and worked. Dr. Maheswaran called on her to answer a question she looked at her, and shrugged before looking back down at her paper. “Peridot, can you please answer the question.” She ignored her, which pissed her off, she just called on someone else.

After class she stopped Peridot, before she exited the classroom. “Peridot, what is wrong? Is it because Amethyst is in the hospital? That is no excuse for you to just ignore me when I call on you. I have to give you detention now.” She had written her a detention note and handed it to Peridot. She nodded and walked out of the classroom throwing the paper away.

~ ~ ~ ~

December 8, 2016

Peridot skipped school that day to go and visit Amethyst in the hospital. She changed out the dead flowers, for new ones, and she talked to Amethyst about everything that has been going on. She told her the thoughts that were going through her head. What she has been doing to her legs. She told her how she has been living with Matt, and the guest bedroom was now hers. She had got all her stuff from her house and made the room feel like home. Peridot talked about how when she woke up, and was out of the hospital they were going to go back to the valley and spend time there together. Her tears were wetting the bed again, before she had to leave when Bismuth came in the room to scold her for not being at school that day.

~ ~ ~ ~

December 12, 2016

Monday, she had skipped school again, this time she just didn't want to get up out of bed. It was around 3:15, when Matt knocked on her door. “Peridot, this isn't good for you. Come out of the room, and eat something. I know you haven't ate since Saturday. You are getting really thin. Do I need to get Bismuth to force feed you?” He said. Peridot got off her bed, and opened the door pushing pass Matt, she walked to the kitchen. Grabbing a soda and a pop tart, she waked back into her bed room and shut the door in his face.

Matt stood there sad, and disappointed in his friend for being this way. They were all hurting inside because Amethyst's bubbly face wasn't there to cheer them up. However, that wasn't an excuse to starve yourself. He needed to talk to the others about Peridot.

~ ~ ~ ~

December 14, 2016

Wednesday, the group had met up at Matt's house. It was Pearl, she was the one who got Peridot out of her bedroom and to the living room. She sat her down in the rocking chair, her face was sunken in, dark bags under her eyes, her blond hair was a mess. “Peridot, we are all worried about you. Are you depressed because of Amethyst? She is going to make it through.”

Peridot looked down at her hands, as Pearl spoke to her. She shook her head, and took a deep breath. Her voice was quiet as she spoke for the first time to them in a long time. “You have no idea what I am going through. Yes, she is your family, but she is my girlfriend. She was the one who made me feel like I was somebody. Without her, I am a nobody. It is my fault she is in the hospital. I could have done something to prevented this.” She felt like crying, but her tears were all dried up. “She is never coming out of the coma, we all know it. She has been in there since November 22nd. I lost my faith, the doctors have lost their faith. You all don't even fucking see her anymore do you? You should be all ashamed of yourselves.” She snapped and got up. She shook her head and walked back into her bedroom.

She cried all night until she was finally able to go sleep, curled up in a ball, dried tears on her face, her arms wrapped around her stomach. She dreamed that night. She dreamed of Amethyst waking up, and they were happy. However, the dream became a nightmare, making her wake up when the sun was out screaming. Steven ran into the room in his pajamas, he held her in his arms that morning. He skipped school to be there for her, so she didn't do anything. Basically both of them just laid there, in bed. Peridot slept in his arms just happy that she had contact with someone.

Every word I say is true. This I promise you. I promise you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh, my poor little alien.. she is so depressed. I had to end the chapter there as I have over 5, 000 words. I hope you like it. Now I hope you like the chapter. Hopefully it isn't too long, and it wasn't boring. Thank you for reading. Please review guys. - XDomoX