Status: (Warnings of Self-Harm ... and implied Child Abuse ... Also Suicide)

My Little Alien

Lunch

It didn’t take Peridot long to finally get fed up with the school, even after the second day. The only friend she made so far was Steven, the son of the Advance Math teacher, Rose Quartz. This morning on the bus, Steven, asked her if she wanted to go to lunch with him. Peridot who didn’t want to lose her only friend, said yes. Even though she has no money to go get lunch, she usually got free lunch at school.

It was finally fourth period, one more period before lunch, and she was happy. Well, she was until she saw the chubby Latino already at her seat. Not looking at her Peridot, sat down in her spot. “Hey, we didn’t a have good start yesterday, I want to apologize.” Amethyst whispered softly, Peridot looked up to see her staring at her. Some of the girl’s hair covered her eye, and she smelled of cigarette and weed smoke mixed together.

“You don’t have to..” She mumbled and looked away from the girl, Dr. Maheswaran, walked into the classroom and the room went silent.

“It’s the second day of school, but I already have a fun assignment to do, that will take up the whole period. So listen closely.” Dr. Maheswaran pulled out a basket under her desk, and pulled out a container. “We are going to make glow in the dark slime!” There was murmurs everywhere, some were excited some were grossed out. Peridot on the other hand was going to enjoy this very much.

“Well this is going to be fun, huh?” Amethyst said softly and scooted closer to Peridot, which made Peridot move a little away from her.

“If you look under your desks, there should be a basket full of supplies and safety gear, please take them out.” Peridot picked the basket up and opened it, to find indeed supplies and gear. “Each one of you pick up, gloves and your safety goggles. When you do that, I want you to take out each of your items.” Peridot put them goggles on and the gloves, but Amethyst already had hers one and was getting out the things. “As you can see, we have out, one bottle of Elmer's glue gel, one bottle of 4% (saturated) borax solution, one bottle of phosphorescent zinc sulfide (ZnS) or glowing paint as you guys know it as, measuring cups/spoons, Ziploc baggies, and a giant spoon.”

Peridot looked at the supplies on the table before looking at Amethyst, hoping she wouldn’t mess this project up by goofing off. Grabbing the piece of paper out of Amethyst’s hands, she looked at the instructions, that Dr. Maheswaran told them to look at. “This is a piece of cake, I can get this all done by myself.” She chuckled to herself, before looking at Amethyst. “Expect I have a partner, you better not slack off.”

Amethyst shrugged, and grabbed the instructions back from her and snickered. “Okay let’s see what do we need to do first.” Amethyst read off the instructions to Peridot, who started to get to work. Putting down the piece of paper, she started to help conduct the product. After about fifteen minutes of silence between them two, Amethyst finally spoke. “A couple of friends wanted me to ask you if you like to go to lunch with us? We are going to Fish Stew Pizza.” Peridot looked up after she finished the project, she took her goggles and gloves off.

“I was invited to hang out with somebody else.” She said softly avoiding eye contact with her lab partner.

“You mean, Steven, right?” Peridot was startled back at how Amethyst guessed who invited her to hang out. She narrowed her eyes and nodded. “He is going with us to the pizza place, so I am guessing you are going?”

“Yes... I am.. But I said yes because I didn’t want to hurt Steven’s feelings.”

“Why would you hurt his feelings?”

“Well, I didn’t want to go, because I don’t have any money, to buy lunch.” She heard Amethyst chuckle, and her anxiety levels went up the roof, she was judging her, and she knew it. “W-Why are you laughing?”

“I’m laughing, because you don’t need money. It’s a group thing, we’ll order two pizzas and I’ll buy you a drink alright?” Peridot was taken back by this, why would someone do this for somebody like her.

“I’m laughing, because you don’t need money. It’s a group thing, we’ll order two pizzas and I’ll buy you a drink alright?” Peridot was taken back by this, why would someone do this for somebody like her.

“A-Alright..” Peridot said uncertainly, before she could say anything else Dr. Maheswaran walked over to them, with her hands on her hips.

“I am assuming because you two are talking, that you are done with your project?” She grabbed the ziploc bag and opened it grabbing out the slime, and moving it between her hands. “Alright, guys, everyone stop what you are doing. We are going to shut the lights off to test this experiment. Jamie, shut the light off.” The lights went off the only thing lightening up the room was the slime in her hand. “Turn it back on, Jamie,” the light was on in a second, she looked down at Peridot and Amethyst. “Good job, A+.” She walked out with the slime, to put it on her desk.

“I’ll give you a ride, Steven is riding with me and a couple of others. You’ll love them. Sapphire is actually in Advanced Math with you..” Peridot tried to figure out who she was talking about. “The tan skin girl, with blonde hair, wears a blue dress all the time? She’s a senior.” Then it clicked, she knew who she was talking about now, the girl sat in the back of the class.

“Yeah.. Okay, I’ll hitch a ride with you.. How..how many people are going to be there?” She stuttered out, she didn’t like big crowds, and she can barely stand high school as it is.

“There is going to me, Sapphire and her girlfriend Ruby, Steven, our friend Pearl, and you. Not that many, Sour Cream might join, but he is probably going to be held up. Oh, and Steven’s brother Matt, will be joining us as well.”

“That’s not too bad, alright.” Peridot barely got to finish when the bell had rung, and it was time to go. She quickly cleaned up and grabbed her bag, walking out of the classroom with Amethyst.

“Oh look, the fag and the looser hanging out. How cute is that.” Jasper crackled as walked over to them, Amethyst grabbed Peridot’s wrist making Peridot wince and grit her teeth in pain. She try to pull away before something bad happens, as in something might reopen. However, Amethyst had a tight grip on her arm, she was trying to pull her around Jasper, who wouldn’t let her.

“Leave us alone, Jasper, how about you go fuck your slut, Lapis, and leave us the fuck alone.” Snapped Amethyst, looking up at the much taller Mexican female. Jasper grabbed Amethyst by the shirt, making her let go of Peridot’s wrist which she automatically hugged to her chest. “Let me go.”

“You got some fight in you, perra. (Bitch)” Spat Jasper, and let Amethyst go. “You’re going to be off easy today as I have to go somewhere.” She growled and started to walk away when Amethyst yelled at her.

“Vete a la mierda!” Jasper slowly turned around, her fists clenched, and her teeth was gritted. “Shit.” Amethyst grabbed Peridot’s hand and ran down the hall, you hear loud thumps as Jasper ran after them, she pulled her into an empty classroom, until Jasper had passed them.

“What the hell did you, tell her?” Peridot asked breathing heavily, scared out of her mind.

“I told her to go fuck off.” Amethyst said through huffs of breath, she looked around before walking over to the window and opening it, she climbed out. “Let’s go. We are going to be late.” Peridot grumbled, it was that or getting beat by Jasper. She grabbed Amethyst’s hands and was helped out. “Well, wasn’t that exciting?”

“I-I guess..” Peridot straightened her shirt, and walked towards the parking lot with Amethyst, where they were met by three other people, which one of them were Steven.

“Hey, Peri! Hey Ame! You made it, we thought you were ditching us.” Steven said and giggled, he was always a cheery kid. “Well, what are you waiting for let’s go! I’ll sit in the middle.”

“I’m Sapphire, by the way, I am in your Advanced Math class. And this is my silent girlfriend, who doesn’t need to be rude and introduce herself, Ruby.” She elbowed her girlfriend, who glared at her and put out her hand for Peridot to shake.

“I’m Ruby Kaine.” Peridot grabbed her hand and shook it.

“I’m Peridot Salazar... nice to meet you.” She took back her hand, and went around the car, to sit next to Steven who was in the middle. Ruby kissed Sapphire’s cheek before they got into the car as well. Amethyst rolled down the windows and lit a cigarette, as she started the car.

“What did I tell you, about smoking, with Steven around?” Sapphire said sternly towards Amethyst who rolled her eyes. “You do not roll your eyes at me, just because you want to ruin your lungs, don’t mean you need to ruin Steven’s and the rest of ours.”

“Stop nagging me, Sapph, you are sounding like Pearl.” Grumbled Amethyst who put out her cigarette anyway. Sapphire slapped Amethyst’s arm. “Ow, you do not hit the driver.”

“You do not, compare me to Pearl. Ever again.” She snapped back, and Amethyst sighed as she drove. “I am nothing like her.” She crossed her chest under her arms.

“You sure about that, Babe? You do nag a lot sometimes. And you do consistently tell Amethyst to not do this and not do that. You sound just like her.” Sapphire looked over the chair, at Ruby, giving her a cold stare. The black girl raised her hands in defense. “Sorry baby, just saying how it is.”

Steven leaned in to Peridot, and whispered in her ear. “Don’t mind them, they always fight like this. If they didn’t you wouldn’t call them roommates.” Steven chuckled, and Peridot smiled a little bit, he was trying to ease the uncomfortable presence. “You get used to it over time.”

They finally made it to the pizza shop, and pulled behind it to park. “I am going to have a cigarette, I’ll meet you guys in there, alright?” Amethyst said and shot Sapphire a look, who returned one with narrowed eyes, before getting pulled away by Ruby.

Peridot stuck close to Steven as they walked around the shop and walked into the front door, the bell rung above us. “Steven! Ruby! Sapphire! It's good that you finally made it!” Peridot looked at the person where the voice came from, it was a pale girl with peach color hair, she stood tall and former like.

“Hey, Pearl! Meet our new friend, Peridot.” Steven said introducing them two, Peridot looked down at her feet and tensed up as she saw the other girl’s feet in front of her.

“Nice to meet you, Peridot. I’m glad you could make it to have lunch with us.” She held out her hand, which made Peridot look up and grab it, shaking them. “So, where’s Amethyst?”

“She went out to have a cigarette.” Ruby said and sat down at the table, with Matt, who was quiet, but staring at Peridot.

“Of course she is.” Pearl said and sat down as well, followed by Steven and Sapphire. Peridot remind standing up. Then Matt patted the seat next to him.

“Come, sit here.” He said softly, and moved his hand. Peridot slowly walked over and sat down awkwardly. “You don’t say much, do you?” Peridot shook her head and looked away, she was extremely uncomfortable.

“Well, we order two pizzas if anybody is hungry.” Pearl said, just as Amethyst walked in and sat next to her and Sapphire.

“I sure am.” She smirked and nudged Pearl, before staring at Peridot. “You shouldn’t be uncomfortable, we are all your friends here, Peri.” This made Peridot smile, even though it was only the first day of meeting them, they seemed all extremely nice.

“Thank you, I’ll try not to be.” The pizza came, and they ate with laughter and jokes. Expect Matt and Peridot stayed quiet, but Peridot had a smile on her face, as she was just glad that she could have friends. Expect, when Jasper and her group came into the pizza place, her happiness went away as quick as it came.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh Oh, what does Jasper want? And this was kind of a cute chapter, I love Amethyst and Peridot. xD I'm sorry this was so slow, again I am not very good at first three chapters, things should be getting a little bit better. Hopefully. Anyway, Review - XDomoX