Status: (Warnings of Self-Harm ... and implied Child Abuse ... Also Suicide)

My Little Alien

Dinner

After leaving Rose's house, she texted Steven. Hey Lil'Man, is Peridot with you? She wanted a few seconds, she had all the time as she was in Fish Stew Pizza. Amethyst didn't feel like going home just yet, as she knew she was going to get an ear full from Sapphire and Ruby.

No. She went home because someone was a bitch to her. Great. She sighed and left the pizza place and got back into her car. She really needed to talk to her, and the only way is to deal with her parents. Now where did she lived again? Starting up her car, she drove a little ways, before remembering where Peridot lived, and sped up a little.

Amethyst made it in no time, parking the car right in front of the house she got out. Taking a deep breath, she walked up to the house and knocked on the door. She assumed it was Peridot's dad who answered. He was a big beefy guy, shorter than Matt, by a couple of inches, but still very intimidating. “Yes?” He asked.

“Um, is Peridot Salazar here?” Amethyst looked him in the eyes, who he glared down at her.

“Why?”

“I am her Chemistry Partner, and I wanted to know if she would like to study with me, back at my place. I mean if you are worried, there is going to be Ms. Quartz-Universe there. She is coming over for dinner, with her son Steven. She is the advance math teacher at the high school. Peridot has her.”

Mr. Salazar glared down at Amethyst before grunting and letting her through. “You run right up the stairs and on your left. Keep the door open.” He shut the door behind her, as she walked up the stairs, and turned to the left. She knocked on the door.

“Go away, I am not hungry.” Yelled Peridot, her voice muffled.

“Well, if I did food, then yeah I would go away, but I don't. However, if I did have food, I would have eaten it by now.” Amethyst chuckled before it was cut off by Peridot screaming at her.

“I especially want you to go away!” Amethyst sighed and wiggled the doorknob, it was unlocked so she went inside, and closed the door to a crack. She walked over to the mound of blankets on the bed.

“Come out and let's talk before I jump on you. And I don't think you want an overstuffed Panda to jump on you.” Amethyst smirked as Peridot's head peeked through the blankets, a little blush on her cheeks, but her eyes were red from crying. “I wanted to apologize for yelling at you earlier. I overreacted, just being too worried about you is all. I wanted to know if you were okay.” Amethyst rubbed the back of her neck and stared down at her feet.

Peridot went back under the covers and huffed, Amethyst sighed rolling her eyes, before she jumped on Peridot and wrapping her arms around her. “I told you didn't I?” She heard Peridot giggle, and try to keep her face hidden. Amethyst grabbed the blanket and manage to pull it away from her face. “Hey there cutie, what are you doing hiding your face?” Peri's cheeks went bright as she blushed.

“Fine ... I forgive you ... get off of me now.” She huffed and Amethyst laughed as she got off of Peridot laying next to her on the bed. “Is that all you came to do was apologize and smother me?”

Amethyst looked at Peridot and shook her head. Peri looked so innocent right now, and so adorable with her cheeks bright with blushing that giggle she made, and how small she looks. It made Amethyst feel warm inside. “I wanted to know if the study date was still up for grabs, and going to dinner at my place.”

Peridot nodded. “Yes, it's still on. Now get up so I can go ask my parents.” Amethyst got up followed by Peridot, who still had her shoes on. They walked down the stairs together and into the kitchen where her parents were. “Mom, dad, this is Amethyst Pedroza, she goes to my school, and is my chemistry partner. I wanted to know if I can go over to her place, and study for the test next week. She has also invited me to stay for dinner.”

Her dad grunted and kept reading the paper, as he was still a little mad about Peridot's outburst from the other day. Her mom dried her hands and shook Amethyst's. “I am Shirley Salazar, Peridot's mother. You seem to be a nice young lady. Very beautiful. All the boys must be after you, eh?” Her mother teased, and Amethyst blushed slightly, and clenched her teeth. She always hated how parents assumed you were straight.

“Oh yes, very much so. However, I am more into my studies, then I am with dating, ma'am. So is it alright with she comes over? Ms. Rose Quartz-Universe is going to be there, she is the Advance Math teacher at the high school. We are friends with her two sons, Steven and Matt Universe. They are coming to dinner, so we will have an adult there.” Amethyst gave them her best smile, and Mrs. Salazar looked over at her husband before nodding.

“Yes, but have her back by 11. It is a school night after all.” Peridot hugged her mother, and walked out of the kitchen.

“Thank, Mrs. Salazar, I'll bring her back in one piece.” Amethyst nodded and soon followed Peridot out, who already had her back pack.

“Well, what are you waiting for let's go.”

~ ~ ~ ~

By the time they got back to Amethyst's place the house was full of people, there was Rose, Pearl, Steven, Matt, Sapphire, Ruby, and Connie who actually goes to a private school. Steven met her during a parade, and then later on the beach. However, they haven't seen each other in a couple of months. “Hey looks who is back.” Ruby said, as she sat on the couch with the others. The two kids, Steven and Connie were on the floor. Pearl and Sapphire went back into the kitchen to start cooking, Matt was on his phone sitting with his mom.

“Hey Peridot, I'll meet you in my room. It's the one on the right. Hey, Rose, can I speak with you outside?” Rose stood up and followed Amethyst outside to the front yard. “So, she forgave me ... but how do I tell her that I like her ... I'm really nervous.”

Rose chuckled and put a hand on Amethyst's shoulder, before bending down to be her height. “Go with what your heart tells you, Amethyst. Ask her on a date first, take her to Funland, tomorrow after school. Treat her like she is your world. If she says no, then give her some time. I'm pretty sure she likes you as much as you like her.” Amethyst gave Rose a hug before they both walked back into the house. She said "hi" to Connie, before walking into her room, to find Peridot spread out on her bed.

“Are you having fun?” She asked as she closed the door chuckling. Peridot sat up and shrugged, “Okay so I noticed you haven't been doing your best in the class, so I have been working extra hard on the notes we have been taking.” Amethyst mumbled and went over to her bag grabbing out her notebook and handed it to Peridot who grabbed it from her.

“Yes, pretty nice notes here. Mind if I start copying them down?” She asked and Amethyst shook her head.

“Don't mind, go ahead.” She sat down on the bed next to Peridot as she started to write down the notes. “Umm, so Peridot, are you free tomorrow after school ...?” Peridot looked up for a brief second before looking back at the notes.

“Most likely, why?”

“I was wondering ... if you would like to go out with me? Go to Funland.” Peridot stopped writing, and looked slowly up at Amethyst. “And then .. go over to dinner with me at my parents because I don't want to go alone ...”

“Go ... to funland ... as a date?” Amethyst swallowed her hands were sweaty as she nodded.

“I-I mean, if it's a no then ... I understand ...” Peridot was quiet for a few minutes as she kept writing the notes, it was making Amethyst very uneasy. Maybe she didn't like her that way like Rose said.

Peridot looked back up again, and nodded. “Yes, sure, I would love too.” Amethyst cheeks went a different shade as she smiled. “Are you okay over there?” Peri giggled, before getting tackled in a hug and fell off the bed. Amethyst was laughing alongside Peridot, who hasn't laughed this much in months. It felt good for a change.

“Yes, I'm fine, I'm just happy. Are you okay?” Amethyst asked through the laughter as she was on top of Peridot, both of her arms on each side of the other girl's body. Peridot nodded, as it fell silent. She looked at Amethyst's lips which looked soft and kissable. The other girl bit her lip, which made a shiver go down Peridot's body. As Amethyst leaned forward only inches away from Peridot's lips, the door opened.

“Peri, Ame, dinner is-whoa, hold on a minute...” It was Matt as he stared down at the two girls on the floor. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything. I'll just tell the others you two are fucking and is going to be late.” Amethyst grabbed the nearest thing to them, which was a shoe and threw it at Matt, hitting him square in the face. “Ugh, bitch.” Matt shook his head and glared down at Amethyst, who was standing up now, with Peridot.

“I know you are, but what am I?” Amethyst smirked, Matt was going to step forward, when Sapphire came into the room.

“What are you, three doing? Dinner is done. Everyone is hungry let's go.” Sapphire sounded irritated, before walking out of the room, followed by Matt mumbling something to himself. Amethyst looked at Peridot who was blushing madly, which made her giggle. She put her hand on the small of Peri's back and pushed her forward.

“Come on, let's go eat, with my crazy family.” Peridot grabbed Amethyst's hand and squeezed it before letting go and walked out of the room. Everybody walked through the kitchen and into another door to where the dining room was. It was blocked off from the rest of the house, so no one knows where it was until you show them first. The table was already set, and the smell of food lingered in the room. Sapphire made her famous meatloaf, with her secret sauce. Which wasn't so secret as everyone knows, it was just barbecue sauce, ketchup and sugar mixed altogether.

Rose sat at the front of the table, as she was the adult, Pearl to her right as she seems to never leave her side in the first place, Matt on the left side. Then, it went Ruby and Sapphire sitting on the right side of the table next to Pearl. Steven and Connie on the left side with Matt. Leaving two more empty chairs, at the end of the table, which Amethyst and Peridot took over. “Smells good, Sapphire.” Peridot said and smiled at Sapphire who returned the smile.

“Look at this, such a big family.” Rose smiled happily. “It's such a beautiful sight to see that everyone is getting along and happy. Look at all of you, grown up, I remember when all of you were little ones, with much trouble. Ruby and Sapphire, I remember when you ran away from your homes back east, to escape and live free. You two were so young, but look how far you made it. Pearl, I remember when you came to me, much younger than the rest did. I couldn't let you down, and I took you in. Amethyst, my dear Amethyst, you grew up so much in these past years. I'm so proud of you.” Amethyst grabbed Peridot's hand under the table and squeezed it. “And too my two boys, one is the football captain, and the other, well the other is just Steven.”

“Moom!” Steven groaned, making Connie giggle.

Rose chuckled and shook her head, “I am kidding, my son, you are so very smart. I love you so much.” Steven blushed and looked away. “Connie, you my dear, will be president somebody if you work hard enough for your goal. “ She then looked at Peridot. “I've known you for a very short time, Peridot. However, I want to help you as much as I can, in my ... Very short time ...” The room went silent as Rose spoke. “You see, Peridot, I know you are going through a lot, and I want to help you like I helped these kids here. I need you to open up to me.” Peridot looked flushed and adverted her eyes away, she hated to be put on the spot. Amethyst once again squeezed her hand, to assure everything is going to be alright.

“Mom, what do you mean by your very short time?” Matt asked, grabbing his mother's hand. He was thinking the worse when he knows he shouldn't have. His mom was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma, a type of bone cancer, a little over 10 years ago, four years after Steven's birth. You wouldn't notice unless you know, Rose, personally that she actually had an amputee leg. The doctors said it shouldn't come back, but you never know.

The room was held in suspense. Everyone ignoring the food on the table. “I went to the doctor's office Saturday, I was told my cancer came back. It spread to parts where they can't cure.” A gasp and a sob came from someone, most likely Pearl. “They diagnosed me with about two months left to live. I turned in my retirement forms yesterday, and tomorrow is my last day, as I am getting too weak to work.”

“No...” It was Steven, tears going down his cheeks, “I-I ... no...” Rose looked sad, as she looked at her soon.

“It's alright sweetie everything is going to be okay. Let's eat and we will discuss this more at home, baby.” She grabbed the meatloaf getting a piece on her plate and passed it to Pearl, who had to set it down and whip her tears on her napkin. She grabbed it up and grabbed a piece passing it. Soon food was passing around the table and everyone's plate was full.

It wasn't cheery as normal, the room was filled with silence and sadness, along with the feeling of being uncomfortable. Amethyst was having a hard time eating as she was holding back tears. She didn't want to think that Rose was dying, she didn't want to think about the fact that the person who saved her wasn't going to be here anymore. She made her feel like she was worth something, made her feel like she was perfect the way she was. “Amethyst, are you listening?” She heard Peridot's voice, and looked over to her.

“What, I'm sorry I didn't catch what you said.”

“I asked if you were doing okay, you haven't touched your food.” Amethyst looked down at her plate, then looked at everyone else's, most of them were almost all done including Peridot's.

“Y-yeah, I am just not hungry.” She scooted her chair back. “May I be excused?”

“Are you okay, Amethyst?” Rose asked, and Amethyst nodded.

“I just need to go outside for fresh air.” She told them, and walked out of the dining room, to the back door leading to the backyard. On the back table was a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Taking one, she sat down on the porch steps lighting it.

“You realize, when you are smoking a cigarette it isn't fresh air anymore.” Amethyst turned around and faced Rose, she let the tears fall down freely now as she looked away. She hated crying and it was the second time that day.

“It doesn't matter anymore. What am I going to do without you, Rose? I can't lose you. You helped me with so much.” Rose sat down with a bit of trouble next to Amethyst, and wrapped her arm around her waist pulling her close to her body.

“You have been doing so good, my dear, without me. You have to help, Peridot now, with me. You need to save her before it's too late.” Rose simply said as she pulled away and Amethyst took a drag of her cigarette blowing out the smoke a few seconds later.

“Not the point, Rose. You are the mother who was there for me. You mean so much to me, and the others. You were here for all of us, and now you are going to be gone in a blink of the eye. I ... I don't know if I can handle that.” Amethyst took a deep shaky breath, as she couldn't breathe through the smoke and tears. She put out her cigarette as she couldn't smoke it anymore in her state.

“I know, sweetheart, I know. We will discuss this more later, I have to take the boys home, before they start breaking down with the others. Promise me, you won't do anything, you are stronger than this, Amethyst, I know you are.” Rose kissed the top of her head, before getting up and walking back inside the house. Peridot then walked outside, and stood behind of Amethyst.

“I ... I think I need to get home, Ame. Is it alright, if I borrow your notebook to keep writing down the notes?” Amethyst got up and hugged Peridot who went tense, but hugged her back. She pulled away a few moments later, and nodded.

“Sure, let’s go get your stuff and take you home.” Amethyst wiped away her tears and walked back into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ummm..... I am sorry guys.... yeah... this book just gets more depressing, I am just saying. But I hope you liked the almost kiss between Peridot and Amethyst. Until then, Review. - XDomoX