Angel of Yesterday

Jailbreak

I followed the bright scarlet skin gem, as we ran through the ship we were trapped in. She was slightly taller than me, with dark burgundy hair, and a thick build. She was wearing a maroon tank top and a matching colored headband around her thick and fluffy, outgrown hair cropped at the neck. Her ensemble includes mid-thigh burgundy shorts, and short pointed maroon boots. The gem was fast for me. I could feel a sharp pain in my side as my breathing was heavy. My swollen eye was throbbing as well. "Hey, my name's Steven, by the way, what's yours?" I asked through huffs of breath, it didn't hurt to ask as we might all die here tonight.

The gem stopped suddenly, and I almost ran into her. She looks around frantically, a look of trying to focus was on her face. "Quiet!" She yelled at me flustered, I was a little taken back on how rude she was to me. I was just trying to be her friend, and helping her as I was trying to look for my family. "Ugh! I can't see!" What did she mean by that? She looks like she was seeing just fine, as she looked around. Her head snapped to the side as we heard the singing once again. "This way!" She yelled.

I huffed as I followed her down a winding hallway, "How many more gems are trapped here?" I asked the red gem, as we were running. Maybe I can help them escape along with my family. I didn't want anyone to die while I was here.

"Don't know. Don't care." Said the gem, as she kept running, she sped up her pace making me roll my eyes and take a sharp deep breath speeding up with her. Maybe I should get in shape more. This little bit of running was killing me to no ends. The singing had stopped, and so did the gem in front of me, making me stumble a little as I stopped next to her. "She stopped singing." Looking around, she started to yell out her friend's name. "Sapphire!" I looked out a window in the ship to see a dark open space, with millions of stars, I then saw Earth as we were flying past it. The red gem started to run again, and I had to speed up my pace to keep up with her. We soon got to another cell, with a gem inside. The gem that I was following gasp, getting excited before her face fell, and she looked angry. "It's just you …"

I soon realized who the gem was when she turned around. It was Lapis Lazuli. She has a slim figure, light blue skin, and dark blue chin-length hair, arranged in almost the same as that of Pearl, although her bangs are slightly longer, with a fringe that covers her entire forehead. She wears a flowing, dark blue skirt, which is knee-length with a downward-facing dark blue triangle. She also wears a backless, dull and dark blue halter crop top with an upward-facing dark blue triangle that ties into a blue sash ribbon on the back of her shoulders. I was so happy to see her. "Lapis!" The red gem behind me started to pace feverishly. "Lapis, I can get you out!"

Lapis moved back making me stop moving forward, "Stop!" She cried out. I was confused, why did she want me to stop, I wanted to help my family, which included her.

"It's okay, I can-" I was cut off by her.

"No! I don't want your help. Things are bad enough as it is. I've already made too much trouble. Once we get back to Homeworld they're going to decide what to do with us." Why was she telling this? All I want to do was help her. I went to walk forward again to create an opening in the cell, when she scooted away from again.

"I don't have time for this!" Yelled the gem behind me before she dashed off down the hallway. I turned around and yelled towards her.

"Wait!" I called and took a step forward to follow before I stopped and looked back at Lapis.

"Steven, whatever you're doing just stop. If we do everything they say they might go easy on us." Lapis tried to reason with me, but I shook my head. They poofed Garnet, and they gave me a black eye. They imprisoned my family, alongside her. I don't understand why she was doing this to us.

"But they're ... mean! They hurt my friends, they hurt my face! They've got you here in prison!" I tried to argue with her, but it was obvious then and there that she wasn't going to budge a bit, but I was going to keep trying.

"That's why we can't fight them."

"That's why we have to fight them." Lapis turns her back on me and I felt like crying. I was getting frustrated. Why wouldn't she let me help her? All I want to do was help her. Fine, if she didn't want it now, then I will come back for after I rescue my family. "I'll come back for you ..." With those last words I spoke to Lapis I ran down a hallway, hearing the singing start up again before gasping as I saw Jasper and Peridot. I hid, only to peek around the corner to listen in on their conversation.

"We can't leave yet!" Yells Peridot obviously flustered by the much bigger gem. The whole point of coming here was to check on the Cluster!" Jasper then punches a wall making me flinch.

"Stop singing!" She snapped, I couldn't see who it was, but I knew for sure it wasn't Peridot she yelled out, until now when she was snapping again. "Rose Quartz takes priority. Get back to the bridge and set a course for Homeworld." I saw Peridot turn around and walks the other way, and Jasper walk the opposite.

I started to hear Peridot grumble. ""Go to earth," they said. "It'll be easy," they said." She walked off out of my view, when I knew it was safe I turned the corner to see another gem in the cell, who looked around, making sure it was safe, she then started to sing again. I walked up to the cell getting a closer look at the gem.

She has blue skin and pale blue, wavy hair with bangs that cover the top half of her face. She was slightly taller than the other gem I was with. She was wearing a floor-length gown with white, rounded, puffy sleeves, a navy top, and a blue skirt. The skirt has several frilly layers in several shades of blue which resemble an open geode. She was also wearing white elbow-length evening gloves. "Hey, I like your song. Are you Sapphire?" I told her.

"You escaped ..." She sounded a little surprised. I reached through the barrier giving her an opening. "Of course …"

"Come on, it's safe. I said shakily as vibrations went through my fragile body, it didn't hurt just felt really weird every time I do it. She walked through and a small smile was on her lips.

"Thank you, Steven." I didn't know how she knew my name, but I shrugged it off.

"You're … welcome." I told her as I moved away from the barrier. Both of our heads snapped to the side as we heard the gem I was with before call out Sapphire's name somewhere in the distant. Sapphire grabbed my hand tightly.

"Come on!" She said before running at an incredible speed pulling me along with her.

"Whoa!" We stopped at a doorway, looking through a room, the red gem was on the other side. We heard her gasp.

"Ruby!" Called Sapphire as both gems ran at each other, meeting in the center of the room embracing each other. I was starting to think they were more than just friends. And the conversation and the moments I just witnessed proved me right.

"Did they hurt you?" Asked Ruby as she was so excited to finally embrace Sapphire once again.

"No, no, I'm okay. Did they hurt you?" Ruby started to tear up and shake her head.

"Who cares?"

"I do!" Sapphire said as she kisses Ruby's tears away. Ruby picked her up and spins her around, they were both laughing which made me smile and forget for a split second that were her endanger of being found and being put back into our cells.

As they spin, I noticed their laughs overlaps each other, and they fuse, becoming an amorphous white blob of energy that then becomes a figure who lands in front of me. The laughter switches tones becoming Garnet. "Steven! Thank you!" She was happy that she was back together, but I was surprised to even find out that she was a fusion.

I gasped, trying to take hold of the concept of this. "Garnet! You're a fusion?" Garnet's smile didn't fade.

"Aw, I'm sorry. We didn't want you meeting us here like this." I was a little disappointed, but it didn't matter at the moment.

"Well, did I make a good first impression?"

"Oh Steven. We already love you!"

"Where is she?!" I heard Jasper yell, but I couldn't see her. I was instantly scared, she was so much bigger than me and I didn't know how I felt about that, as she was a Homeworld gem.

"It's Jasper. Steven! Find the others and get to the control bridge!" Garnet said, I didn't know how to get to the control bridge, and what if I didn't get there in time?

"But I don't know where they are!" Garnet then kisses my forehead and a vision of Pearl and Amethyst leaning against the same wall in two different cells. "Future vision ... Wait, are you gonna be able to beat her on your own?"

"It's okay, Steven, I'm never alone." She hugs me, before I ran down a series of hallways and getting to Pearl's and Amethyst's cells, they were happy to see me, as I helped them escape. We all ran towards the control room to find Peridot there. She ran out me with her gem destabilizer, grabbing it I snapped it in half, before Amethyst ties Peridot with her whip.

"Don't touch that! You clods don't know what you're doing!" Screamed Peridot as Pearl sits down in the captain's chair.

"You got this, Pearl!" Yelled Amethyst as Pearl reaches into the ships control panel, her eyes flash with lines of data. I glanced at the ship cam and see Garnet and Jasper fighting, prayer that Garnet was going to make it out of there okay.

We were suddenly jostled by the sudden explosion that happened somewhere on the ship. We felt the ship rapidly descends towards earth, my heart was racing as my stomach dropped low. I saw Peridot crawl away, hitting her head against the deck to activate an Escape Pod, I couldn't stop her in time nor could Amethyst. She jumps to try, and stop Peridot, but fails, falling flat on the ground. Concluding in Peridot escaping head on towards Earth. I looked out the window with Amethyst, and Pearl, as the ship continues to its free fall. I needed to go back and save Lapis just as I was about to turn around Garnet enters the control bridge. "Garnet!" All three of us said together.

"The ship is going down!" She yells over the loudness surrounding us. My heart dropped once again. I needed to go get Lapis, and now.

"What about Lapis?!" I yelled.

"There's no time!" I instantly knew she was right, and tears started to fall from my face. I couldn't believe I was just leaving her like she was nothing. All her life she was treated like nothing, and I wanted to change that for her. I really wanted too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea where I am actually going with this. This is going to be a test run on how this story will go out. So, please review, and tell me how you like it. If you like it then I will write more, if you don't then I will delete the story and keep working on my other shit. Thank you in advance for reading. Most of the dialogue is from the actual episode of Jailbreak in this chapter. Just to warn you if anything seems familiar to you that's why. -XDomoX