Angel of Yesterday

Lapis Lazuli

I didn't realize I had closed my eyes until the rubble that was on top of the bubble I made for my family, was thrown off by my magical pink lion. Yes, pink Lion. Lion has round ears, pink fur, black eyes, a soft-pink star shaped mane, and a dark brownish-magenta heart-shaped nose. I will tell you the story of how I came across him another time, what came through my mind at that second was Garnet was a fusion, and where was Lapis, and hopefully she was okay. The Crystal gems were wrapped around me as I popped the pink bubble that surrounded us. “Nice one.” I heard Garent's accented voice behind me. I turned around excitedly.

“Oh my gosh! I can't believe you are a fusion all the time!” I was excited to learn this that means there was technically more crystal gems there I thought previously. They were also very cute and my size just like Amethyst. Now we weren't alone with the only gems being the shortest. That made me very happy to just think about it. Also, made me kind of sad, to know that they were fused all the time and I didn't get to see them that much, but they made of Garnet, and she was the best.

Amethyst's surprised rough voice filled my eyes, I looked at her as she spoke, her eyes wide. “You met, Ruby and Sapphire?!” My heart dropped a bit, was I not supposed to meet them? Were they a secret? Why would they hide something from me like this? Wasn't I part of the Crystal Gems too? Then, Pearl started to speak, her voice was full of sympathy as she spoke to Garnet.

“Oh no! We were going to introduce you. Garnet, your plan!” Ohh they were waiting to tell me, now I kind of felt bad that I met Ruby and Sapphire, ruining their plan. Garnet put a hand on my shoulder and smiled down softly at me.

“We were waiting for you birthday.” My eyes lit up, so that's what they were going to do for my birthday? Maybe they still can do it. And I can just act surprise. Yeah, that would work.

“We can still do it! I'll just pretend I didn't know!” I said my eyes were stars, before Amethyst chuckled. Our smiles soon faded, as we heard rumbling, and an orange hand reaches through the rubble, and Jasper emerges from the burning wreckage of the ship. My heart started to beat fast as we all stood up waiting to fight, I took out my pink shield ready to protect me and my family.

“Ugh! Auh...” Jasper fell on her knees. A look of anger on her faces, as she clenched her fists and stares at us with pure rage. “Don't think you've won. You only beat me 'cause you're a fusion! If I had someone to fuse with I'd—“ She snapped, but was cut off with Lion doing one of his concussive roars, sending Jasper flying with a scream across the ocean. She was just a dot in the sky before disappearing completely.

“Yes, Lion!” I cheered and the others did as well, before my phone started to ring. I grabbed it out of my pocket to see it was my best friend Connie. “Um … hello?”

Connie sounded worried and scared, “Steven! I got your message, are you okay? What's going on?” I didn't respond what should I tell her? That Garnet was a fusion and was beaten by an evil Homeworld gem that goes by Jasper. That I was punched in my eye and kidnapped by aliens from outer-space to be taken back to their Homeworld? “Steven …?” I couldn't tell her. I didn't want to worry her, I didn't want to tell her that I couldn't protect her. That I was weak.

“That could have gone … a lot worse.” Pearl says smiling, as she looks around to see a bunch of debris. I guess it could have gone a lot worse. It was surprising that the town of Beach City was standing up in pieces, instead of ruins like usual.

“Could have gone a lot better too.” Garnet says as we looked over to see the Crystal Temple burning pretty much down. The lighthouse hill was scattered with parts of the Gem Warship burning.

“Steven, I got your message. Steven? What happened?” I had almost forgotten I was on the phone with Connie. I sighed, I didn't really want to tell her. I was afraid to tell her.

A small smile came onto my face, as Amethyst surmised me by twirling me around. “WE WON!!” she practically screamed.

“Is that Amethyst?” Connie asked through the phone as Lion nudges me. I feel like he was trying to tell me something as he pointed to some rubble, but I ignored him. “Ah … what's going on? You said that there's some kinds of giant space hand and you all may die?” Amethyst was screaming making it hard to pay attention to what Connie was trying to say to me, and the fact that Lion was nudging me harder. Amethyst pulled me into a headlock and gives me a noogie.

“I see you, P!” I heard Amethyst excited as she spoke to Pearl. I knew that they had something going on between them, but I think they were trying to hide it the best as they can for now, until I was a little older. However, it was obvious they both liked each other, a lot.

“It's been a madhouse over here.” I told Connie, as I watched Amethyst hug Pearl over-exaggeratedly.

“Amethyst! That's enough celebrating!” Pearl said her white cheeks going blue with embarrassment. We then saw my dad's van come towards us.

“Steven!” I heard my dad before getting excited.

“Dad!” I yelled back before speaking to Connie. “Connie I-I have to go. I promise I'll call you back.” I hung up the phone and ran to my dad as he was running towards me. “Dad's back! Dad's back!”

“Oh! Thank goodness you're okay!” My dad hugs me, and I hugged him back tightly. “Mmmmm! I saw the spaceship start to leave and then it crashed so I came back and ... ohhh ...” I knew right then and there that my dad saw my black eye, “your eye ... But you're okay! I guess those jerks were no match for the Crystal Gems!”

“No way, they were super strong!” I said shaking my head and laughing.

“But you were able to beat them back?”

“No. They totally stomped us! This warrior, Jasper, was super beefy and knocked me unconscious. Then, they abducted me onto the ship because they wanted to take me away forever. And then we crashed the ship and I almost died!” My dad started to panic and my smile disappeared.

“What did they want with you?”

“They think I'm Mom.”

“A-are more Homeworld Gems gonna come after you?”

“I ... uh ... I don't know. Maybe?” My dad's face was clearing showing distraught.

“Steven. I-I'm supportive and very proud of you. And I'll be right back.” My dad runs over to his van. “Got to calm down. Where's my... “ He was talking to himself as he starts picking up lots of his CDS. “Where's my relaxing music CD?” He picks one up. “This one?” My dad puts it in the radio and loud music starts to play. “Wrong one!” He presses the button for the CD to come back out. “Stop! Eject!” I was confused as I watched my dad punch the radio as he was trying to relax, when my phone started to ring. When I picked it up out of my pocket I saw it was Connie calling me. I put my phone away, and looks around. Lion was still sulking over to the debris.

“What is it, Boo?” I asked him walking over to the pink Lion. His ears came up and he nudged the debris. “Amethyst? Can you help me move some debris!” I asked. It was also one step into looking for my friend, Lapis. Maybe she was unconscious under these wreckage. Amethyst walked over and shape shifted into Purple Puma. She lifted the debris up with Lion's help.

I literally dropped to my knees as the debris was thrown to the side. My mouth was agape as I stared down at a pile of crushed blue shards in the sand that got too hot and turned to glass. They laid there perfectly crushed as I crawled over to the pile. This couldn't be happening. This wasn't her, was it? “Steven, are you okay?” It was Amethyst, but her voice was quiet as it went out one side of my ear into another. I barely felt a hand on my shoulder as I piked the shards up in my hand, it was practically dust. “Oh no.”

I looked up from the shards to find Garnet's hand on my shoulder, her visors her off, as she looked down at my face then the shards. “It's her isn't it?” I asked as my voice started to crack as I looked back down at the dark blue shards in my hand. “Did you know this was going to happen? Didn't you?” I asked her, my voice full of mix emotion. “You knew she wouldn't make it?!” My voice started to raise as tears fell down on the pile.

“There was nothing we could have done, Steven. There was no time.” Her voice was quiet with little to no emotion in it. It pissed me off. I could have had time to save her. If I didn't stay in the control room, I could have saved her. This was all my fault. “You shouldn't blame yourself, Steven.” Pearl walked over and she covered her mouth as she saw what I had in my hands. I wiped my tears away, I was going to try, and act strong. I didn't need them to tell me there was nothing that we could have done. I knew we could have saved her.

I bubbled the shards, and stood up, looking up at Garnet, a few tears escaped my eyes and ran down my cheeks. “We could have done something. We had the chance. I had the chance to save her. I left her in the cell, I left her to die. This is all my fault. This is all my fault. If I didn't follow Ruby, to go look for Sapphire, then maybe I had a chance to save her. Force her to go with me.” I let the bubble drift as I clenched my fists.

“You knew she wouldn't have gone with you, Steven. You tried and she refused. It was her fault. She had it coming.” Garnet said, clenching her jaw. I knew she was a little irritated at me, which hurts me a lot.

“IT WASN'T HER FAULT! GARNET! SHE WAS SCARED! SHE FELT USELESS IN THERE! I COULD HAVE SAVED HER! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT. Just forget it. It's over and done with.” I snapped before calming down to a small whisper. Pearl and Amethyst were staring at me, their faces full of mixed emotions, and Garnet's was straight faced. She showed no emotion anymore as she put her visors back on. I grabbed the bubble and ran and ran, until I couldn't run anymore and I fell into the sand curling up in a ball. My eye was throbbing, my heart was beating and my body was shaking as sobs controlled my whole body. I laid there holding the bubbled shards closed to my chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
My poor Steven, why? Garnet, this is so unlike you? Why did you act like that? Was it because you felt guilty? Ah damn Garnet, you need to go and talk to my baby boy. Anyway, did you like it? Does Steven need more emotion towards this? Are do you like how he is kind of going numb with this? Yes? No? Please tell in the reviews. Until next time, -XDomoX