A Place of Hope and No Pain

Chapter 52

Matt's POV

I couldn't believe that had come out of my six year old son's mouth, honestly, but then again, Ryder had always been a Mommy's boy, so in a way I wasn't as shocked as I should have been.

I wasn't shocked, but I was pissed, so fucking pissed, at Lucy. Who the fuck did she think she was, trying to turn my son's against Chloe. She was jealous, obviously so, but I didn't need this, I didn't want this, Chloe was hard enough to handle as it was, I didn't need her looking for excuses to leave me and Lucy had just handed her a perfect one. Fuck, I was happy for once, couldn't Lucy see that and just let me be.

"Come on." I murmured against her lips. "Let's go back in there, watch a movie and then go to bed."

She nodded, smiling, well sort of smiling and I led her back into the entertainment where the boy's were waiting. Jaxson smiled as we entered, he was so much like me, of course he adored Chloe, Ryder just glared at the television screen.

Chloe sat down and Jaxson automatically climbed onto her lap, snuggling in. Yep, he was definitely my boy and I sat next to them putting my arm around her and pulling her closer. Lucy could try her hardest, I wasn't going to let it work.

"Okay." I announced once the movie had finished. "Teeth then bed." I told the boys.

Ryder started complaining, but he got up, stomping up the hall to the bathroom.

"Night Chloe." Jaxson whispered, hugging her and smothering her face in kisses.

"Enough." I told him smiling. "Trying to steal my girl."

"Oh Daddy." He giggled, heading up to the bathroom.

I smiled at Chloe and kissed her quickly. "Tired?" I asked her and she nodded. "I'll tuck them in then we can go to bed."

I didn't wait for her reply, I turned and headed up to the bathroom where I could hear the boy's arguing softly.

"You're mean." Jaxson muttered over the running water.

"Am not." Ruder snapped.

"Are too." Was Jaxson's reply.

"Hurry up." I told them, walking in. I knew they were arguing about Chloe, it was obvious.

Jaxson grinned at me and ran to his room, so I followed him, tucking him in first.

"Night buddy." I murmured, kissing his forehead.

"Night Daddy." He murmured. "Give Chloe a kiss for me." And then he started giggling.

"You like Chloe?" I asked him smiling and he nodded, still giggling. "Me too."

"I know." He laughed as I walked to the door, flicking off his light. "See you in the morning."

"See you in the morning." I called to him as I made my way to Ryder's room.

He was laying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Well." I said walking over and sitting on the edge of his bed.

He looked at me, frowning.

"Can you do me a favour?" I asked him softly, tucking him in.

"I guess." He mumbled.

"Can you try and like Chloe?" I asked him softly. "It would mean a lot to me of you did."

He bit his lip, looking back at the ceiling. "You're supposed to be with Mommy." He mumbled. "Not her, not dumb Chloe."

I sighed. How do you explain love to a six year old?

"Ryder." I started, taking a deep breath. "Things change, all the time and well Daddy wasn't happy with Mommy, I don't really know how to explain it." And that was the truth, I didn't.

"Why?" He asked me frowning. "Mommy loves you."

Great, fucking great. "I don't know." I said softly. "I just wasn't happy." And I could have told him a million reasons why his Mother made me unhappy, but I wasn't stooping to her level, I refused to. "Don't you want me to be happy Ryder?"

He nodded, looking at me. "Yeah I do."

"Well." I whispered, kissing his forehead. "Chloe makes me happy, so do me a favour, try and get to know her, you never know, you might like her too."

He sighed. "Maybe."

And I left it at that. I wouldn't push him. He was under his mother's influence and I had no doubt that tomorrow when he got home he would tell her everything. Damn Lucy for trying to turn my child against me.

I wandered out to the entertainment and Chloe was still curled up in the couch, staring at the television.

"Ready for bed?" I asked her quietly.

She looked at me. "Well I was thinking." She murmured. "Maybe Lucy and I should go home."

I can't say I was surprised, I had been waiting for her to say it.

"Oh well too bad." I said walking over and taking her hand, pulling her to her feet. "Lucy's already sound asleep on Jaxson's bed and you probably don't want to disturb her."

She looked at me, rolling her eye's.

"Go and get ready for bed woman." I murmured, slapping her ass softly.

"Fine." She sighed, turning and disappearing up the hallway.

I watched her before I went around, turning everything off and when I got into the bedroom Chloe was still in the bathroom, with the door shut.

"Can I come in?" I asked her, knocking.

She sort of grunted and when I opened the door I discovered why. She was standing at the sink brushing her teeth and damn, she looked fucking perfect.

I wondered what she would wear to bed and now I knew. She was standing there, in a tiny pair of shorts and a matching lace cami and fuck me, she looked delicious.

I walked up behind her and slipped my arm's around her, watching her in the mirror.

"What?" She asked as she finished rinsing her mouth and wiped her face with a towel.

I shrugged, smiling. "You're beautiful." And she was.

She shook her head, frowning. "If you say so."

I turned around and kissed her softly, grabbing her ass at the same time. "I say so." I murmured. "Now go warm that bed up for me."

She smiled and I gave her ass another little slap as she walked out of the bathroom. She was fucking perfect.

I cleaned my teeth and got changed, walking out of the bathroom and stopping. Chloe was laying in the bed and she looked so, what? She looked like she belonged there, in my bed and I realised that was because she did belong there. I wanted her in my bed every night.

I flicked off the light and climbed in, feeling her move around to make room for me and I felt around in the dark until I had her in my arm's.

"I hope you're not thinking of doing anything stupid." I murmured, finding her lips in the dark and kissing her.

"They're your kids Matt." She whispered.

I smiled, she'd returned my kiss. "I know that, but I told Ryder, I deserve to be happy."

"You do." She murmured, kissing me this time.

"And you make me happy." I whispered.

She laughed softly and I pulled her close, against my chest, holding onto her.

"Don't laugh at me." I murmured. "God, can't you just believe it? That as big a bitch that you are that someone actually likes you."

"Now wait a minute." She snapped and I smiled, kissing her forehead.

"There she is." I whispered, finding her lips again. "The Chloe I adore."

"You ass." She murmured, touching my cheek. "But you're my ass."

"I am." I whispered, pulling her closer, kissing her deeply.

I grabbed her leg, pulling it across my waist and pulling her closer to me.

I needed Chloe, I really did, I needed her in a way I'd never needed anyone else before. It was like a slow burning feeling deep inside me and only when I was with her did I feel right, at peace with myself.

"What are you doing?" She murmured as I ran my hand up her leg slowly.

"I need you Chloe." I whispered, rolling her onto her back.

And I did. I really did.