A Place of Hope and No Pain

Chapter 70

Chloe's POV

I woke up early with Matt's body pressed to my back and his arm's still around me, the asshole. Who did he think he was, showing up four day's late with pizza, fucking pizza. He'd won Harper over with his dumb pizza, but not me, no way.

That house, that house he showed was amazing, I couldn't deny that. But what was his purpose of dragging me over there, asking us to choose colour's, he couldn't even be bothered seeing us for four fucking day's and then he waffle's on about colour's. He was living there, he could choose his own fucking colour's.

I turned over gently and looked at the asshole. I fucking hated him, so much, but I loved him as well, even more than I hated him. And where the fuck had he been for four day's?

He suddenly opened his eye's looking at me.

"Morning beautiful." He murmured, reaching up and stroking my cheek.

"Don't morning me." I snapped slapping his hand away. "You piece of shit."

He smiled, I hated when he fucking smiled like that. "Chloe." He murmured. "Stop being so angry." And then he leant over and kissed me.

"Well it must have been a great fucking lunch." I muttered against his lips, while pushing on his chest.

"Oh it was just great." He murmured, still trying to kiss me and then he grabbed my ass. He actually had the hide to grab my ass.

"Look." I snapped, grabbing his hand. "Who do you think you are? Appearing after four day's, four fucking day's."

He smiled again and oh boy I wanted to slap him, I really did.

"Chloe." He said looking at me, looking serious. "Thanksgiving was fucking horrible."

"Oh yeah apparently." I grumbled, it can't have been that bad.

"It was." He told me. "Sitting there pretending, I ended up just blurting everything out to Amy at the lunch table."

I looked at him. "Oh I'm sure that went down well."

He smiled. "Not really." He murmured. "Mom and Lucy both had a fit, but yeah, I left early."

I frowned. "You left early and you still couldn't come here?" I was even more insulted now.

He sighed, rolling onto his back, looking up at the ceiling. "I did come here Chloe." He said softly.

"Well I sure as fuck didn't see you." I snapped. The lying piece of shit.

"That's because you weren't here." He said turning his head to look at me. "I knocked, then came around the back, nobody was home."

"Well." I snapped. "Had you have bothered to call I would have told you we were just down at the park."

"I know." He said.

I frowned. "And what, you couldn't be bothered?" With us? I wanted to add it but I was too scared.

"Actually." He said rolling back onto his side to face me. "I did go to the park and yes, I saw you there."

I frowned. "Well why didn't you come over?" I asked. "We were waiting for you all night."

He sighed, chewing his lip. "You looked like you were having too much fun." He muttered. "With Drew."

"What?" I snapped, god he was being ridiculous. "Yeah I was having blast Matthew, being criticised for everything I fucking did."

"Yeah well when I saw you he didn't look like he was doing much criticising."

"Are you fucking serious?" I snapped, feeling angry all over again. "You were having lunch, playing happy family's and you get pissed off because I was having a little fun."

"I wasn't playing happy family's Chloe." He muttered, touching my cheek.

"You know what." I snapped. "Your family is rude, just plain rude, there's no other excuse." And they were very rude.

"I agree." He murmured. "But I told Amy all about you and she really want's to meet you." He added.

"She does?" I asked him, allowing him to touch my cheek.

"Yeah she does." He said smiling. "But she's gone back home now."

"Oh." I mumbled and I felt disappointed, I wanted to meet Matt's family.

"But you can meet her at Christmas." He murmured.

"Well I'm sure I won't be invited." I snapped, feeling pissed again.

He smiled, kissing my nose. "We are having Christmas at our place Chloe." He murmured. "That way it will be by our rules."

I snorted at him. "Our house."

"Chloe, for god sake." He said smiling. "I want you to move in with me."

"How ridiculous." I muttered, secretly thrilled. "If I move in you can't possibly disappear for four day's."

He chuckled, puling me closer. "I picked that house with you and the kids in mind." He murmured. "I mean it, I want you to move in with me."

"And do what with my house Matthew?" I asked him. What the hell would I do with my house?

"We can rent it out." He murmured, snuggling closer.

"I guess." And that made sense.

"Yes." He whispered kissing me. "Chloe, I'm sorry I didn't call you okay, I was jealous."

"And I wasn't." I whispered because I was. I lived in fear that he would go back to Lucy, realise what a mistake he'd made.

"You have nothing to be jealous of." He murmured, his hand cupping my ass again. "You're the only woman I want or need."

God, he could be so infuriating yet so fucking romantic when he wanted.

"Well you're all I need." I whispered and that was the truth, I did need him, completely.

"Good." He whispered back. "Now, will you move in with me, into that fabulous house?"

I smiled. The house was pretty fucking fabulous. "I suppose I could."

"You suppose?" He murmured, giving my ass another squeeze.

"Fine." I sighed. "I'll move in with you."

He smiled, kissing me again. "Good." He murmured.

"And it's really sweet." I whispered. "Letting Harper have a room."

"Chloe." He whispered, looking at me. "We're a family, of course she'd have her own room."

I smiled at him, my turn to kiss him. "That's true."

"And eventually." He murmured. "I want the kids to live with us, the three of them."

I couldn't help but smile, that thought was just so nice. "Me too."

"Good." He murmured, pushing me onto my back and kissing my neck. "And you want chocolate?"

I giggled. "Yes I want chocolate, I told you, it's a warm colour."

"Okay." He murmured, sliding his hand under my shirt.

Suddenly there was a thump in the hall and the pitter patter of little feet walking.

"Harper's awake." I whispered.

He groaned, kissing my nose. "Yes she is."

I smiled at him. "I better get up.'

"You better." He mumbled as I sat up. "Oh and Chloe, I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered leaning over and kissing him.

I did love him, so much and god, life was looking up. I'd let him into my life and I was enjoying the ride, I really was.