Remenissions

Chapter 12

Martina's POV

I recognized the car before it even pulled up. It was Brian, I knew the sound of his car and I watched it drive up and pull in next to Matt's.

I watched him get out and he walked over to me.

"Marty." He said softly to me, ignoring the presence of Matt and Lana.

I looked at him, he looked so good to me, and I loved seeing his face, I'd missed it so much.

Matt and Lana quickly excused themselves, not that I was paying attention, I was to busy watching Brian and thinking. What the hell was he even doing here? How did he even know I was here?

He walked over, sitting next to me. "Marty." He said again softly and I stood up quickly.

"I'm tired too." I told him. "I think I'll go to bed."

"Marty I came to talk." He said, standing up as well. "To talk about this." And he waved his arm around, indicating the surroundings.

"Well we can discuss this in the morning." I said. "I'm just to tired." And that wasn't a lie. I was emotionally exhausted.

"Okay." He said softly. "Just let me get my bag."

I stood there watching as he went back to his car, grabbing his bag. He followed me inside and I went straight into the room, grabbing a blanket and a pillow.

"Here." I said giving them to him. "The couch is pretty comfortable."

He nodded and took them from me. "I'm sure it is."

I turned and headed into the bathroom, brushing my teeth and doing my best not to cry and I was doing a good job, until I got into my pyjama's and climbed into bed, then I went to pieces.

I buried my face in my pillow so nobody could hear me. What did he want and what was he doing here? I know I should have talked to him, I just kept putting it off, but I did need to talk to him, we both needed some sort of closure I guess. Only I didn't want closure, I just wanted him.

I laid there for a little while, crying softly and trying to sleep when I heard the door open softly.

I knew it was Brian and I heard him walk in and close the door again.

"Marty." He whispered, sitting on the bed. "I can't sleep, we need to talk."

"Brian." I groaned. "Tomorrow, please."

"Fine." He murmured but I felt him pull back the covers and climb into the bed.

I closed my eye's, it felt so nice with him in the bed next to me and I knew I wouldn't have any problem sleeping.

"Marty." He suddenly said. "Why did you do it? Don't you love me anymore?"

Was he serious? Didn't I love him. It was him who stopped loving me.

"What?" I snapped, turning over to face him. "It was you Brian, you were the one who stopped caring."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" He snapped back at me and I couldn't help it, I started crying. "Marty what are you saying?" And he pulled me into his arms.

God it felt so good. "You." I cried. "You came back from the tour, you hardly spoke to me."

"What?" He said, kissing my forehead. "No I didn't Marty, it was you, you were acting weird."

"I was only acting weird because you were." And that was true.

"Marty, you broke up with me." He whispered.

"I only got in first." I sobbed.

"I wasn't going to break up with you." He murmured. "I was never going to break up with you. I was planning on asking you to marry me though."

He what? He wanted to marry me? We'd never even discussed marriage, never, not once.

"I guess I was acting weird baby because I was trying to gauge your reaction about getting married, I mean we'd never spoken about it, so I wasn't really sure how you felt about it." He explained.

I looked at him and he leant over and kissed me softly. I closed my eye's, enjoying it. I'd missed it, him.

"You want to marry me?" I whispered, unbelieving.

"Of course I do Marty." He murmured, stroking my cheek. "And I was fucking pissed when Matt and Courtney got in first and yes, then I got a little pissed at your reaction, you acted like you didn't care."

"I didn't care Brian." I cried and I felt him stiffen up. "But not like that." I murmured. "I didn't care if we got married or not, I was happy just being with you, I didn't need a piece of paper to tell me that we loved each other."

"You're talking in past tense." Brian said.

"What?"

"You're talking about us in past tense Marty." He whispered.

"Well I don't want us to be in past tense." I murmured and I didn't.

"Ugh Marty." He said, kissing me again. "I don't want to either, you're my life and I plan on spending it with you, well I planned on it, I mean if you still want to."

"Of course I do." I sobbed. "You big dumb shit."

"Good." He whispered, kissing my nose. "Now let's go to sleep, because I'm tired, I've slept like absolute crap since Sunday."

"Me too." I whispered and I was a little glad that he'd felt as bad as me.

"Marty we haven't been apart for what....ten years." He murmured. And I nodded against his chest. "And I didn't like it one little bit, so please, let's not break up again."

"Okay." I said softly, raising my face to his and kissing him, savouring him. "I promise."

"I love you Martina, so much."

"And I love you Brian."

He kissed me again and then we got comfortable, going to sleep and boy was I comfortable. I was wrapped securely in the arm's of the man I loved more than anything in the world and as I drifted off to sleep I felt sorry for everyone out there, sorry for the people who weren't with their love. I knew from experience, it was a horrible feeling.