Remenissions

Chapter 18

Martina's POV

"You nearly ready?" I called out to Brian who was banging around in the bedroom doing who knows what.

"I'm coming." He called, running out clutching his bag. "Are we gonna be late?"

"Not if we leave now." I said, grabbing the keys to the car.

We headed out and he threw his bag in the trunk. We were on our way to the airport, they were all catching a flight to Vegas for the weekend and I hoped the traffic wasn't bad or we were screwed.

"So." I said as we got on the road. "Are we telling anybody or....?"

"After this weekend." He said, reaching over and squeezing my hand. "We can tell everyone then."

"Fine but I'm not taking the ring off." And I wasn't. I would never take this ring off.

"That's fine Marty." He murmured, leaning over and kissing my cheek.

"Behave or I'll crash." I told him giggling, but secretly hoping that he wouldn't. It was going to be a long lonely weekend for me.

The traffic wasn't too bad and we arrived at the airport and parked. Brian grabbing his bag and my hand.

We headed into the terminal where everyone was meeting and looked around, trying to spot them. We found them easily, I mean they were being pretty rowdy and I felt sorry for whoever had to listen to them at the hotel they were staying at.

"Right, thank fuck." Lana exclaimed as we walked over. "Everyone's here so let's go and check in."

Brian smiled at me and followed the lot of them over to the desk, so they could check in and check their luggage.

"I don't know why she's going." Courtney muttered, standing next to me.

"I beg your pardon?" I asked, wondering if I heard her correctly.

"Lana." She said looking at me. "Why does she have to go, I mean it's a guy's weekend isn't it?"

"Well Lana is best man and she organised the whole thing." I reminded her, reminding her she was the reason Lana had to be best man.

"Ugh don't even talk about the best man fiasco." She snapped and I looked at her.

Was she fucking serious? She obviously had some problem with Lana, and now she had her claws firmly embedded in Matt her true colours were shining through.

"Well." I started, fuck her, I was going to do a little stirring. "Of course Lana would be best man, they've been friends for years, inseparable." She looked at me. "You do realise that you'll see a ton of Lana right, I mean if you marry Matt you're virtually marrying Lana as well?"

She frowned at me. "Don't be ridiculous." She snapped, walking over to Matt and snaking her arm through his.

She made my skin crawl. I knew there was something I didn't like about her and now we were seeing the real Courtney and damn she was a bitch.

"Come here." Brian called waving me and over.

I walked over to him and he pulled me into his arm's. "I'll miss you." He told me, smiling down at me.

"Yeah well you better behave yourself." I whispered.

"Marty baby, you know what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas right?" He told me, smirking.

"Yep." I said, smiling up at him. "And if something happens in Vegas you better stay in Vegas."

"Aw babe." He murmured. "It's not me you've gotta worry about." He glanced over his shoulder. "It's Matt."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, confused.

"It's his last hoorah, and honestly, if I was marrying that." He spat. "I'd be playing up big time."

"Okay okay." I said placing my hands on his chest. "Obviously you're not a Courtney fan and as soon as you get home, you're going to tell me why." I'd always assumed everyone had liked Courtney, but now, now I was finding out that nobody really did.

"That's fine." He said smiling. "As long as you have a few hours to listen, my list is long."

"Brian." Lana called. "It's time."

He looked at me and kissed me softly. "I'll behave Marty, I swear."

"You better." I murmured against his lips.

He kissed me once more and headed over to join the other's and I stood there and watched as they headed off to go through security.

They were already clowning around and I wouldn't have been the slightest bit shocked if they got kicked off the flight.

Brian turned and waved at me one last time, then they disappeared from sight, but not before I saw Matt slip his arm around Lana's shoulder. I glanced at Courtney, she'd seen it too, she looked like she was going to have a stroke.

"Well." She said, turning to me. "Do you want to go and have lunch or something?"

Was she fucking serious? I did not want to hang out with her.

"Yeah sorry I can't." I told her. "I'm kind of busy." What a lie, all I was doing was heading home to browse at some wedding gowns and watch movies all weekend.

"Oh okay." She said, turning to the exit. "Hey Marty." She said, stopping and turning back to face me.

"Yes?"

"Do you think Lana is in love with Matt?" She asked and I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing.

"No." I said through my laughter. "Not at all."

"Good." She muttered and she turned, strutting out.

I let my laughter die in my throat, my forced laughter, because honestly, I was beginning to think the same thing. I think Lana was in love Matt.

The more I thought abut it, the more it made sense. Her bad moods, her sadness, it all coincided with Matt getting engaged and that thought made me sad, the thought that Lana's heart was breaking. It must be horrible for her, truly horrible, having it shoved in her face and having to participate in the wedding.

Well, I thought as I headed to my car, If she was in love with Matt, she'd done a damn good job of hiding it, nobody was aware, not even Matt. She'd done a fucking brilliant job.