Remenissions

Chapter 34

Martina's POV

"So do you think Lana is okay?" Nick asked from the backseat.

"Oh yeah." I lied. "I mean she's probably exhausted, my guess is they sat up a good part of last night drinking and stuff. Right Brian?"

"Oh yeah we did." Brian muttered, raising his eyebrow's at me. "We had a very late night."

"Yeah see." I said to Nick and I watched in the rear view mirror as he nodded, but I couldn't help but wonder if he believed that.

He was silent the rest of the drive, actually we all were, I guess what had happened had us all thinking.

"And this." I said as I parked the car at the reception centre. "Is where this car is staying until tomorrow, because I need a good stiff drink or ten."

"Oh I agree." Brian said getting out.

I looked around, there were a lot of cars, so my guess was most of the guests decided to come anyway. Hey free food and alcohol, who wouldn't.

The three of us walked inside, looking around. Somehow Jimmy and Johnny had beat us and they were standing in the bar area drinking already, so we headed over to join them.

"Wine?" Brian asked me.

"Wine and a shot of something." I murmured, leaning close. "I need something."

"Nick?" He asked, looking at Nick.

"Beer and yeah, I agree with Marty, let's have a shot."

Brian headed to the bar and Jimmy walked over to us, smiling widely. "What the fuck was that about?" He asked. "Is he coming back, what?"

"No idea." I told him shrugging. "Guess he got cold feet."

"Cold feet." He laughed. "He left her at the altar." And he broke into a fit of laughter. "Only Matt would do that shit."

I smiled, trust Jimmy to see the hilarious side of an otherwise difficult situation.

"So." Johnny smiled. "Do you think Courtney will show up?"

"No no no." Jimmy laughed, grabbing his arm. "Do you think Matt will show up?" And I shook my head as those two dissolved into a fit of laughter.

"Settle down." Brian told them, walking over to join us.

I grabbed my shot and threw it straight down, it burnt, but it was just what I fucking needed. "God let's go sit down."

We all made our way to a table, I didn't care about the names on the seats, it's not like it was a real reception anymore, so I figured we could sit where ever the fuck we wanted.

Once we got comfortable the drinks started flowing and we were all getting a little drunk. Nick was keeping up with us and it was good to see, he actually really was a nice guy.

I was really enjoying myself, it had turned out just be a great big fancy party, but the most surprising thing was that Courtney had actually shown up. She'd obviously gone home and gotten changed, but she came. I had to give her credit, she had more balls than me.

"Well that prick payed for it, so yeah, I wasn't missing out." I heard her say to someone.

I was a little disappointed she didn't come over and say hi, I felt a little feisty and wouldn't have minded having a little fight with her, but she seemed to be avoiding us on purpose, not that I blamed her.

"Where's she going to live?" Brian asked, taking another shot.

I shrugged. "Who knows. Maybe they'll work it out." And if they did I'd kick his fucking ass.

"What did he say to you?" Nick asked, looking at Brian.

Brian shrugged. "Just that he needed to clear his head."

"What about?" He asked and I just looked at Brian, I mean what could we say, we think he wants your girlfriend?

Speaking of Lana I pulled out my phone and sent her message and waited for a reply. I just wanted to know if she was okay, I knew she was angry and hurting and I just felt bad for her, these last few months had been tough on her.

I didn't hear from her and I figured she'd gone to bed and I hoped she hadn't cried herself to sleep. That thought made me sad and I looked at Brian with tears in my eyes.

"Oh babe." He said putting his arm around me. "You're drunk." And yeah, maybe I was a little.

"Poor Lana." I whispered, bursting in to tears.

"What about Lana?" Nick asked and I wiped my eye's quickly, sitting up straight.

"She's fabulous." I told him, trying to think of something quick to say.

"We need more alcohol." Brian announced, walking back to the bar.

"You know Marty." Nick said, leaning closer to me. "I think I'm in love with Lana." He was drunk, but when he talked about her he got a dumb look on his face.

"That's sweet." I said. What else could I say?

"Do you think she loves me?" He asked and I was glad I didn't have a mouthful of drink, I might have choked.

"Yeah I don't know Nick, Lana's a private person." I mumbled, trying to think quickly.

"I hope she does, I fucking love her so much." And I realised he was drunk as all fuck and probably needed to go home soon. "I just want to go home and hold her." He slurred at me.

"Yeah well we might have this drink and head home then." I suggested.

He nodded and Brian came back over with our drinks, giving me the opportunity to change the subject.

It really was a fun time, just hanging out, no bitch ass nagging girlfriends around, well except for me, but it was then I realised how much of a strain Courtney had put on all the guys relationship. She really had tried to come between Matt and everybody.

"We going soon?" Brian asked, leaning over and kissing me.

Just as I was about to reply I felt my phone vibrate and I reached into my purse pulling it out.

It was a message from Lana and I opened it, smiling.

Marty, Matt is with me, he's not talking he's just tired. He's staying here a few days. Please don't tell anybody, he just needs time.

I quickly texted You can count on me and pressed send, turning to look at Brian.

"Why don't we take this party back to your place?" I suggested.

He shrugged and everyone agreed and we all made our way outside to wait for some taxi's.

I looked around at the guys, Brian was singing to Johnny and Jimmy had his arm around Nick and they were laughing about something. I was glad, because right now I needed Nick to be occupied.

Lana needed time with Matt and I didn't want Nick to interfere.

Matt and Lana needed to sort their shit out and hopefully now they could.