Remenissions

Chapter 39

Martina's POV

I opened my eye's and Jesus, I felt like shit. My head was pounding, my stomach was churning and my mouth felt as dry as the Sahara Desert. God, I'd certainly punished myself last night.

I groaned loudly as I turned over, because it physically hurt and I looked at the time. Shit, it was nearly 1pm, I'd slept half the day away.

"Oh god." Brian groaned, next to me. "Don't move, my head is going to explode."

"Yeah." I mumbled. "I'll go get us some aspirin and water, fuck I need water."

"Yeah." He moaned. "I want gallons of the shit." And I had to agree with him, gallons would be good.

I stumbled out of the room and into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water and drinking it before I even contemplated looking for aspirin. Brian could just wait, I needed fluids.

"Hi." Nick suddenly said and I jumped, I'd completely forgotten he was here. "How are you feeling?"

"Well." I mumbled, opening the drawer and pulling out aspirin. "I feel fucking atrocious."

He laughed while I swallowed the tablets. "Yeah I don't feel so good myself." And I looked at him, yeah he looked a little rough around the edges. "I'm going to call a cab, go home."

"Good idea." I mumbled, I certainly was in no mood to entertain guests.

"I was going to go see Lana but she must have her phone off or something."

"Maybe she's sleeping." I offered, but that was a lie, I knew she wasn't sleeping.

"Yeah I might just head home, sleep." He said. "Call her later, see her."

"Yeah." I told him, thinking that was a bad idea. "And sorry I can't give you a lift, I'm just in no state to drive."

"Don't worry about it Marty." He said heading to the door. "It's fine and thanks for a great night."

I watched him leaved then I grabbed water and aspirin, heading into the bedroom.

"You know." I mumbled crawling back into bed. "Nick is actually a really nice guy." And I meant it, he was. Lana could have done worse.

Brian just grunted at me and I laid down, closing my eye's.

"Feel like sex?" I asked and he groaned.

"Don't tease me Marty. I always feel like sex, but today, I think I'd put on a terrible performance."

I couldn't help but laugh and I turned over, wrapping my arms around. "Me too." I whispered and I closed my eye's.

We slept late, actually we slept really late and it was after five by the time we both woke up. I still felt pretty crappy, but at least I wasn't drunk anymore.

"We should shower and go get your car." Brian suggested. Se we did that.

We showered quickly, then called a cab. Brian was going to drive me in his car, but we'd decided to get something to eat while we were out, so we caught a cab so we could both go to dinner in my car.

"Where do you want to eat?" Brian asked, once we'd finally made it to my car and we were on the road.

"Why don't we call in, see what Matt and Lana are doing?" I couldn't help myself, I was curious.

"Matt?" Brian asked and I'd forgotten, amongst all the drinking and partying that went on last night, I'd forgotten to tell Brian that Matt was at Lana's.

"Oh god." I gushed. "I forgot to tell you. Lana text me last night, Matt's at her house, he needs a couple of days to sort his head out or something."

"Well you could have told me sooner." He grumbled and I reached over, taking his hand.

"It slipped my mind Bri, I really am sorry."

"It's okay." He said, squeezing my hand. "We can drop in."

"Good." Because I really wanted to drop in.

We drove over to Lana's apartment block and found a park, walking to the door and buzzing.

"Yes?" Lana answered, sounding cautious.

"It's us." I said quickly. "Let us up."

I heard her sigh, but she buzzed us in anyway and Brian opened the door and we headed up the stairs to her apartment. She was standing at the door waiting and when I looked at her she glared at me.

"Marty." She hissed. "No visitors."

"Yeah but it's us." I told her, pushing past her and walking inside.

Matt was sprawled across the couch, looking very comfortable, and not looking like someone who had left his fiancé at the altar.

"How are you?" Brian asked, sitting down, making himself comfortable.

Matt sat up, making room for Lana and shrugged. "I'm okay."

"Feel like getting some dinner?" I asked them and they looked at each other, raising their eyebrows.

"Can we order in." Matt suggested "I just don't feel like going out."

"Yeah." Brian said. "It doesn't worry us, does it Marty?"

I shook my head. "Nope. What do you want?"

I watched as Matt looked at Lana and asked her softly. "What do you feel like?"

"I don't mind." She said smiling.

"Italian?" He suggested and she nodded.

"Sounds good." She murmured and fuck me, they were together, I just knew it, I could tell by the way they were looking at each other.

"I know just the place." Brian told us, pulling out his phone and ordering.

"So." I asked. "What have you two been doing today?"

Lana shrugged and Matt shook his head. "Not much." Not much my ass.

"Um." Lana said quickly, changing the subject. "Are we going to eat in here or at the table?"

I raised my eyebrows at her, I didn't care where we ate, but I loved how she so smoothly changed the subject.

"The table?" Matt suggested and she nodded standing up.

"I'll go set it." She said.

"Need a hand?" I offered and Matt just about tripped over himself objecting.

"Nah, I'll help her." He told me, following her into the kitchen.

I looked over at Brian, the dumbass was staring at the television and he'd missed the whole thing.

"Hey." I hissed, getting up quickly and planting myself on his lap. "They're together."

"What?" He asked, looking at me like I was stupid.

"Matt and Lana." I whispered. "They're together."

"Bullshit Marty." He said laughing.

Yeah I'd bullshit him. It was not bullshit, I'd seen the way they looked at each other, something had happened, and if they weren't together, well I was pretty sure they were getting there.

"I'm going to spy." I hissed, standing up. "You'll see."

"Don't be ridiculous." He laughed as I headed quietly towards the kitchen. "Marty you ass."

I turned back to him, holding my fingers to my lips, telling him to shush, then I leant around the kitchen door, looking in.

They were standing there, facing each other and Lana had plates in her hands, I glanced back at Brian and he was sitting there, chuckling at me and I rolled my eye's at him before turning back to peer into the kitchen.

Damn the television for being on because I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I saw Lana hold out the plates, and Matt took them from her. She said something to him and he smiled, saying something back, and then, oh god, then he leant over and kissed her. I stood there, watching them, they had the plates between them, their eye's closed and they were kissing.

I turned around and jumped quietly up and down on the spot. I'd never have thought seeing two people kissing would bring me such joy, but it did, I was so happy.

I looked back in and they were still going, still kissing and I quickly made my way back to the couch, sitting down.

"Well?" Brian asked, smirking at me.

"Well." I hissed. "They won't be very hungry because they're in there eating each other's faces as we speak."

"Bullshit." He hissed and I opened my mouth to respond but Matt and Lana came back in, sitting down.

"Tables set." Lana said, smiling. "Hungry?" She asked.

"Bet you're not." I said, then cursed myself for having a big mouth.

Lana looked at me and frowned and I just smiled at her. She could pretend all she wanted, I'd seen it with my own eye's. Her and Matt were together. I could understand why they wanted to keep it to themselves, I mean given everything that had happened, I could see why they were being secretive, but I couldn't wait, I couldn't wait until they told us.

Matt and Lana. My mind was screaming and I was doing my best to sit still.