Remenissions

Chapter 44

Martina's POV

"Where are you going?" Brian mumbled, as I sat on the edge of the bed.

"I'm getting a coffee." I told him. "And then I'm calling Lana."

He groaned, rolling over. "Why?"

"Why." I said. "Because I wanna know what last night was about, I want to know about her and Nick, her and Matt." I stood up and stretched. "So I'm going to see if they want to come over for lunch. Is that okay?"

"Yeah I don't care babe." He mumbled. "But give up on the Matt and Lana thing, if they're together I'm sure they'll tell us eventually."

That was well and good for him to say, I thought as I headed into the kitchen, but I wanted to know now. I know what I'd seen last night and I wanted them to tell me, not hide it.

I grabbed a coffee and headed into the living room, grabbing the phone.

"Good morning." I chirped as soon as Lana answered. "How are you, feeling better?" And I smiled, thinking about last night, and Matt's obvious display of jealousy.

"I felt fine last night Marty." She replied. "I was just tired."

"Oh aha, okay, so anyway, what are you doing today?"

"Well I'm not doing much." She said.

"Matt?" I asked.

"He's currently out and I'm not sure when he'll be back." She said quietly. "Or if he will be back." She said the last part quickly.

I wanted to ask her what she meant but I didn't, I sensed she wouldn't tell me anyway. "You two should come over for lunch." I told her. "It's a nice day, probably the last one before the weather cools down, we can hang by the pool or whatever."

"Yeah that sounds okay." She said. "I'll definitely come and I'll ask Matt when I see him."

I wanted to yell at her, tell her I knew, but I didn't, I just let her pretend there was nothing going on. "Okay good, well come over whenever you're ready."

"Okay see you then." And she hung up.

I sat back on the couch smiling. Matt and Lana. I couldn't think of a better match, honestly those two were made for each other and just the thought of them together made me so happy. I couldn't wait until they told us, I would of course act all surprised, but I really wanted just wanted to grab Lana by the throat and tell her I'd seen them kissing, but I wouldn't, as tempting as that idea was.

The phone ringing interrupted my Matt and Lana thoughts and I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Marty." Someone sobbed and I frowned, trying to work out who it was. "He left me." Oh damn, Courtney.

"Oh Courtney." I said, unsure of what else to say because honestly I didn't give a fuck and I thought I'd made it perfectly clear to her at the church how I felt.

"Yes." She cried. "He came here, told me to leave, told me it's over."

"Well at least you can move forward."

"What." She spat. "I'm not moving anywhere, let alone forward, I'm staying right here. I know he just has an itch that needs scratching before he's ready to settle down."

"Really an itch?" Was this bitch serious?

She sighed. "Yes, he'll sleep with her I guess, but whatever, he'll come back to me when he's ready." She told me. "I mean Lana."

"Lana?" I asked, pretending I had no idea what she was talking about.

"Yeah, apparently he's with her, nasty I know." She said. "She's just so, I don't know, average."

Well that was it, I'd had enough. "Actually Courtney." I snapped. "I'm pretty sure Matt won't come back to you, him and Lana, well they were made for each other, it was you that made Matt realise he loved her." I took a deep breath. "Don't wait around Courtney, don't wait for him, I have a feeling you'll be waiting for a long fucking time." And I hung up. I was done with that bitch.

"Who was that?" Brian asked, walking out, scratching his balls.

I looked at him and frowned, such a gentleman. "Nobody." I told him. "Anyway, Matt and Lana are coming over."

"Well I guess you need to sort out what we're going to have for lunch then." He said and of course he was right.

Fuck, I was hopeless in the kitchen but I guess I'd sort something out. We both had a shower, together, maybe it was more than a shower, but I didn't mind, sometimes a girl just needed a bit of early morning sex, to kick off the day.

Lana and Matt arrived around eleven and I was glad to see they arrived together. I heard their car pull up and I ran to the front window to look out, spy, watch them.

"What are you doing?" Brian asked, frowning at me.

"Shhhh." I told him, turning my attention to the car.

I watched Matt get out, then Lana got out. They were talking but I couldn't make out what they were saying. They walked towards the door and Matt stopped, saying something and then yes, he kissed her, deeply.

"Holy shit you're right." Brian whispered. I didn't realise he was peeking out with me.

"Of course I am." I said, stepping away from the window and walking to the door. "I always am."

I opened the door smiling and surprise surprise, they were standing there, not touching each other, so I guessed we were playing the game of 'We're not actually together' again today.

"Hi." Lana said, coming in.

"Glad you could join us Matt." I said as he walked in. "Lana wasn't sure if you could make it." And I smiled as I watched him frown at her.

"Uh." He muttered. "Of course I could make it."

"Well I'm glad. Anyway." I said, heading out the back. "Let's go, do you guy's want a drink?"

We got all settled out the back and I was pleased to see the weather had turned extremely warm for this time of year and happy that we would get one more day out of the pool before it turned cool.

Brian and Matt grabbed beers and got straight into the pool, such water babies, and Lana and I got comfortable on a couple of chairs, watching them.

"So Lana." I said, turning to look at her. "How are you, after all the fuss, how are you really?"

"I'm fine." She said, raising her eyebrows at me.

"And how's Nick, how are things with him going?" I was going to grill her whether she liked it or not.

"Um, Nick and I broke up." She said quickly.

"Oh no." I said grabbing her arm. "Oh Lana, I'm so sorry, I mean he was only saying how much he adored you the other night, gosh, that is horrible."

She opened her mouth to reply when Matt interrupted us and I silently cursed him.

"You two should come in." He called.

"Yes we should." Lana said standing up.

I shrugged, pulling my shirt over my head, then I stood there, trying not to laugh as Matt watched Lana pull her dress off. His tongue was pretty much hanging out of his mouth and I was sure Lana was taking her time, teasing him.

Oh she definitely was, I had no doubt as I watched her walk to the edge of the pool and dip her foot in, posing. Oh she was a bitch, but Matt was lapping it up.

Brian and I might as well have not been there, those two were so busy having a flirt fest and the sexual tension was so obvious, but I couldn't help but smile.

Goddamn it was just so fucking cute.