Remenissions

Chapter 52

Martina's POV

"What do you feel like doing tonight?" Brian asked me, sitting on the couch next to me.

I looked at him and shrugged. "Don't know."

"We could see what Matt and Lana are up to." He suggested.

"They probably want to be alone." And that was true, they probably did.

"How much time do they need alone?" He asked looking at me and I frowned at him. I guess Brian had forgotten what is was like when you first started dating someone.

"We used to always want to be alone." I said softly and he put his arm around me, pulling me closer.

"I still like being alone babe." He murmured kissing me. "A lot."

"Well then." I said, smiling at him. "Why don't we order in, maybe talk about the wedding."

"Good idea, let me get some menu's." And he got up, heading into the kitchen.

I was glad he'd agreed, I mean we'd gotten engaged but hadn't really discussed the wedding. I kind of wanted to discuss dates with him, maybe start organising some stuff. Now I was actually engaged, I was really excited to finally get married.

We ordered in and ate, watching a little television, talking about nothing and after dinner Brian disappeared into his music room and came back out with a file.

"What's that?" I asked confused. I was hoping now we could discuss wedding plans.

"Wedding stuff." He said sheepishly, opening it.

Oh my baby had been a busy boy, the file was full of idea's, venues, menu's and I leant over and kissed him. It felt nice to know Brian was as excited about the wedding as I was.

"Now Marty." He said pulling stuff out and showing me. "We really need to set a date."

"We do." I smiled. "When do you want to get married?" I asked him.

"Tomorrow babe." He murmured, leaning over and kissing me.

If he kept this up we really weren't going to get much wedding planning done. "Seriously." I murmured against his lips. "When were you thinking."

"Hmm, well." He whispered, pulling back slightly. "Summer's out."

Of course summer was out, every summer was out, usually the guy's were on the road.

"So it's October now." He went on. "Do you think we could have everything organised by January?"

"January?" I was a little shocked, it was so soon.

"Yes January." He said. "But hear me out, I have an idea."

"Okay." I said intrigued. "Please tell." I admit, I was excited to hear his idea, and pleased that he'd been putting thought into it.

"So I was thinking, we get married in January, well the 16th of January to be precise and well, what do you think if we get married in Tulum."

I raised my eyebrow's. "Tulum? Mexico Tulum?"

"Yeah babe." He said smiling. "I thought we could have our wedding, have our family friends with us, make a holiday out of it."

That idea sounded amazing to me, perfect, but before I could tell him so, the phone rang.

"Yes." I said to him, grabbing the phone and picking it up. "Absolutely yes. Hello."

"Marty it's me." And I groaned, what the fuck does Courtney want now?

"Yes Courtney." I said snappily.

"Marty." She slurred. "Marty, I'm in a bad way."

No shit, she sounded so drunk. "Oh." I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Yeah Marty." She continued. "I can't live without him." Just great, now she'd started crying. "I drove past his parents and they were there, she was there."

"Well they've known Lana for years." I pointed out.

"I won't live without him Marty." She sobbed. "I won't."

I looked at Brian and frowned. I had a horrible feeling. "Courtney, what did you do?"

"Oh Marty." She slurred. "I took them all."

I sat up, looking at Brian. "Took what?" What the fuck did she take?

"Sleeping tablets, I had some, so I took them all. I'd rather be dead Marty."

"Oh for god sake Courtney, where are you?" What a stupid bitch.

"Matt's, I'm not leaving here, ever."

I groaned. Fuck this shit. "I'll be there soon." And I hung up, standing up.

"What's going on?" Brian asked me, looking worried.

"Ugh call an ambulance, tell it to go to Matt's." I grabbed my shoes, pulling them on. "The stupid bitch has overdosed."

"Are you fucking serious Marty?" Brian said, looking angry. I guess we were all getting tired of Courtney's shit.

"Yes apparently she just can't live without Matt." I said, grabbing my key's. "Anyway call them."

"Should I call Matt?" He asked.

"No you fucking should not call Matt." I said, opening the front door. "This had nothing to do with Matt, they're finished, Courtney needs to realise this."

I ran back and dropped a quick kiss on his lips before running out to my car and driving over to Matt's.

Courtney had lost her mind, I had no doubt about it and she was going to do everything in her power to ruin Matt and Lana's relationship, I could see that now. Well that wasn't happening, I wasn't going to let that happen.

By the time I arrived at Matt's the ambulance had arrived and I quickly parked, running inside to see them loading Courtney onto a trolley.

"How is she?" I asked them quietly.

"She'll be okay, but I can assure you the next few hours are going to be hell for her." And I smiled at him. "She'll get a Psych evaluation too." He added.

"Good." I muttered. "She's a fucking nutbag, I can assure you."

"Marty." Courtney said opening her eye's. "You came."

"Well yes, you basically asked me too."

"Matty is meeting me at the hospital." She said and I swear she smirked.

I bit my tongue because I wanted to say so much right now, not to mention beat the living shit out of her.

"So is Lana." I added, although I had no idea if she was, but I'd be calling to find out.

She looked at me and burst into tears. "That bitch ruined everything."

I shook my head. Who was she to talk?

I could see now, it was plainly obvious. Courtney was going to do everything in her power to ruin Matt and Lana's relationship, everything. I just hoped Matt and Lana were ready for it. I knew Lana and what scared me most was that she would give up. She needed to fight for Matt and I was going to make sure she won. I smiled as I watched them wheel Courtney, Lana didn't have to fight for Matt, she'd already won, I just hoped she realised that.