Remenissions

Chapter 6

Martina's POV

Well at least Lana was going to have a fun night, hanging out with Matt and I was happy, happy that his impending marriage wasn't interfering with their friendship, now that would be a tragedy, they'd been friends too long for that to happen and I hoped it never did.

I drove around for a little while after I dropped Lana off, I guess I was avoiding going home in case Brian called, at least this way I could still tell him I was out and busy.

I was being stupid, I really was and I decided just to go home and after I lugged all my stuff upstairs I checked my phone. He hadn't called anyway, so it really didn't matter.

I wandered into my bedroom, throwing my stuff on my bed, deciding to have a shower. I grabbed what I needed, taking my time, washing my hair.

After procrastinating in the shower for too long I went back into my bedroom, grabbing my hairbrush and glancing at my phone again. He'd called and I sat on my bed, looking at the screen. I had to call him back, I couldn't avoid this forever.

"Hey." I said as he answered.

"Oh hey." He said. "Not busy?" I sensed a little sarcasm in his voice.

"No I just got home." I informed him, hoping my voice wouldn't show my emotions.

"So, I might come over." He told me. "We can eat."

"Sure why not." I agreed, although my mind was screaming nooooooooooo.

"See you soon." He hung up and I sat on the bed, wondering what to do, what could I do to stop this from happening? I realised there was nothing I could do, it was inevitable.

I quickly dried my hair and got changed, I mean if Brian was going to dump me I was at least going to look hot while he did it, and then I went and waited on the couch.

I heard him walk up the stairs, he had his own set of keys so he let himself in and I knew the sound of his footsteps, I knew everything about him so well and I took a deep breath as the door opened and he walked in.

"Hey." He said walking in. "I'm really fucking hungry so do you mind if we order something?"

"No that's fine." I told him smiling.

"What do you feel like?" He asked me and I shrugged, I didn't really care. "Chinese food." He told me and I watched him pull out his phone and order. "So." He said after hanging up. "Did you have fun today?"

"Yeah it was fun, but I probably spent more money than I should have." That was true, considering at any moment my well off boyfriend was about to dump my sorry ass. "Did you do anything?"

"Nah, not really, Matt came over, asked me to be a groomsmen."

I frowned. "A groomsmen, I thought you'd be best man?" I said, and I assumed he would be.

"Nope, apparently Lana's going to be, well he hoped anyway, he was going to ask her tonight."

I looked at him. Was he serious? I don't know about Lana, but I found that a little insulting for her, but maybe I was overreacting.

The food arrived and I tried to eat, I couldn't, he'd been here half an hour and he hadn't even touched me. This was the end, I knew it.

"I'll clean up." He said, after we'd finished, holding his hand out for my plate.

"It's fine." I snapped, standing up, grabbing his and going into the kitchen. I stood at the sink and took a few deep breaths before heading back out to clean up the rest of the mess.

Brian just sat on the couch watching me while I did it and now I felt self conscious as well.

I finished and went in and sat back down, looking at him, waiting.

"We could go get an ice cream or something?" He suggested and I shook my head.

That was it, I'd had enough. I wasn't waiting for him to do it any longer, I'd get in first.

"Yeah, I don't think so." I said, looking at him. "I think we should break up." And I just blurted it out.

He looked at me, then sat up straight. "Ah yeah I guess."

"Yeah." It was all I could think to say because right now, right at this moment, my heart was shattering into a million tiny pieces.

"Um well, now that's out of the way." He said standing up. "I guess I'll go."

NOW THAT'S OUT OF THE WAY? Over ten years is out of his way? I was glad he was so fucking happy about it.

"Yeah good idea." I said walking to the front door and opening it, the sooner he was gone, the sooner I could cry, and boy did I want to cry right now.

"Okay." He said, walking out the door. He reached the top of the stairs and before walking down them he turned and looked at me. "See you Marty."

"See you." I chirped, closing the door.

See you? That was it? See you.

I leant against the door and it started, the crying, the tears and I knew it would be a long time before it stopped. The love of my life had just left me without a second thought and now I didn't know what to do.

I wanted to call Lana, but I couldn't, she was with Matt and I didn't want to ruin her night, so I did the only thing I knew how to do at this moment, I went in and curled into a ball on my bed, letting myself cry.

I laid there sobbing, I didn't care how loud I was, my heart was broken and nothing would fix it, ever. I laid there crying and I would probably lay here for days crying, Brian was my love, my life and now he was gone, now I had nothing.