Remenissions

Chapter 60

Lana's POV

It didn't matter what I did, I could not sleep on this fucking bed, I just couldn't. All I wanted to do was curl into a ball, hide and forget everything, but I couldn't because of this fucking bed.

I got up again, I wasn't sure what to do, I just knew I didn't want to see anybody, especially Matt, I didn't want to see him and fucking Courtney ever again.

Maybe I should go swimming or something, I thought to myself, so I headed downstairs . As I stepped out of the elevator I looked around quickly seeing if I could see anyone. I wanted to avoid everyone because right now I was sad, angry and embarrassed, embarrassed that I'd let Matt use me like that.

I looked around quickly and didn't see anybody, but as I headed outside I saw Marty, Brian, Zack and Rachel, sitting at a table having a drink.

Well I was glad they were having such a fantastic time, having a few drinks, celebrating. Celebrating what? That I didn't know but the sight of them doing that hurt me as well. It would seem nobody cared if I was here, maybe I should just go home, I'm sure Courtney would be Marty's bridesmaid.

Fuck them all.

I headed outside and looked around. The poolside area was busy and I didn't feel like dealing with people right now so I walked around the resort. It supposedly had multiple pools and I was determined to find the one with the least amount of people and finally I did. Actually it was probably the best pool in the whole complex. It was tucked right up in the corner of the resort and it looked like a lagoon, with palm trees, rocks and it even had a waterfall. The best part, there were only two other people here.

I spotted a sun lounge, it was over in the corner, under some palms and I walked over, pulling off my dress, laying out my towel and laying down.

I got comfortable and closed my eyes. Bad idea, as soon as I did I started thinking again.

I was so stupid, thinking Matt actually loved me, but I wasn't surprised by what had happened. I guess I always knew from the start that I meant nothing to him, I was just trying to pretend it wasn't so.

"Lana, what are you doing over here?"

I opened my eyes and groaned. Courtney was standing there.

"It's obvious isn't it." I snapped. "Sun baking." The dumb bitch.

She laughed and then oh god, she got comfortable on the sun lounge next to me.

"Isn't it beautiful here." She said and I just grunted.

I was not interested in talking to her, ever.

"Lana." She said. "Can we talk?"

"Why?" I didn't want to talk, I had nothing to say.

"I just feel we need to get a few things off our chest." She said.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"Good." She chirped. "Do you want a drink?"

"No I don't want a fucking drink." I snapped.

What did she think we were going to do? Have a toast to her and Matt?

"Oh okay." I heard her shift in her chair. "Anyway Lana, I just have a few things I want you to know."

I rolled my eyes at the sky. I really didn't care.

"Look Lana." She said. "I just want you to know that I hold nothing against you."

Was she serious?

"And." She went on. "I wanted to thank you."

I sat up. "Thank me?" What the fuck did she want to thank me for?

"Yes Lana." She said and I could hear the bitch smiling. "I wanted to thank you. Whatever you did for Matt worked, whether he had cold feet or he just needed one last fling before we got married. Whatever it was you did Lana it worked and for that I'm grateful."

I bit my lip because I felt like crying again. With every word that came out of her mouth my heart broke a little more.

"No problem." I mumbled. I had no idea what else to say.

"Anyway." She continued. "We've decided while we're here that we're going to get married."

Well wasn't that nice.

"And I was just thinking."

I was thinking too, I was thinking if she would ever shut up and leave me alone.

"I was thinking." She went on. "That maybe, well maybe you shouldn't stick around for our wedding."

"Oh don't worry I won't." I told her straight away.

"Yeah." She said. "I think it would just be weird, for all of us."

Weird, heartbreaking, it was all the same to me.

"Yeah don't worry about it Courtney." I told her. "I'm actually gonna go home tomorrow, I mean there really isn't a reason for me to be here, you could be Marty's bridesmaid."

"Oh Lana, what a fabulous idea." She cried excitedly. "I think that's the perfect idea and I'm sure everyone would agree me."

I was sure they would too.

"I'm so glad we had the chance to have this talk Lana." She said standing up. "And Lana, no hard feelings." And with that said she walked off.

I reached up and grabbed my sunglasses, pulling them over my eyes, I knew the tears were coming and once they started I knew they wouldn't stop.

I laid on my sun lounge for who knows how long crying. At one stage a teenage boy came over and asked me was I okay. I waved him away. What could I say to him. Did he know what it was like to be told by the man you loves fiancé he was getting married in a few days......again.

Eventually I pulled myself together enough to make my way back to the room. I had flights to organise and the sooner the better.

I let myself into the room and I wasn't surprised that the room was empty. I was sure that Matt was with Courtney and the others. Hell they were probably all out to dinner having a fabulous time.

Great now I was crying again and my eyes already felt grainy and sore.

I jumped in the shower, I was hot and sweaty and now I had a sunburn to add to my list of my complaints.

When I came out of the bathroom I realised I was exhausted. Physically and emotionally. I needed sleep, even just a nap.

I crawled into my shitty bed and closed my eyes. For the first time this bed felt wonderful and I knew I'd sleep.

Tomorrow. I would leave tomorrow.