Remenissions

Chapter 62

Matt's POV

All I wanted was a nice vacation, a nice quiet vacation, watch my friends get married, spend some time with my girlfriend. That was all I wanted, but no, this vacation was turning out to be everything but that.

It all started with a stupid fight over strippers, I should have just kissed her, assured her I would stay away from the strippers and then everything would be fine. But no, I had to get pissed and yell at her, we were both the same, Lana and I, we were virtually identical and so I wasn't surprised that a tiny little fight between us had escalated into world war 3, only I wished it hadn't, because then maybe Lana wouldn't be off somewhere thinking I was going to marry Courtney.

Courtney, she was something else. It seemed no matter how many times I told her it was over she just didn't get it, but now, now she'd told Lana to leave. I knew what Lana was like, if she hadn't already left, she would be pretty close to leaving.

I virtually ran down to that pool that Courtney said Lana had been at, I just wanted to make things right between us. I didn't care about our stupid fight anymore, this whole mess had made me realise how much I loved Lana, I just hoped I would have the opportunity to tell her.

I got to the pool and it was empty, not a soul in sight, it was almost dark and I guess everybody was inside, hopefully including Lana.

Fucking Courtney, just the thought of her made me angry all over again. Why did she keep doing this? She literally could not understand that I was with Lana and that I wanted to be with Lana. Apparently Lana didn't understand that either.

That was it, I would look all night, even if I had to fly back to California I would, I would do it just to find Lana.

I headed inside, catching up with Marty and Brian. I was hot and sweaty so I decided I would have a shower first, before heading off to look for Lana again. Brian and Marty agreed to meet with me later.

As I headed to the elevator I stopped. There was just one thing I wanted to do.

I headed over to the desk, using the guest phone, dialling a number, listening to it ring.

"Hello."

"Jeff." I said. "It's me, Matt."

"Oh Matt." He said, sounding very unimpressed. "What can I do for you?"

This was awkward. I knew what I wanted to say, I just didn't know how to say it.

"Um, it's about Courtney." I started.

"Yes." He said. "What about her?"

"Well I'm here, down in Tulum." I explained. "Vacationing with my girlfriend." Fuck it, he may as well know the whole truth.

"Right." He snapped. "And why do I need to know this?"

"Courtney showed up." I said quickly.

He sighed. "I see."

"Yeah and well she doesn't seem right." I wanted to tell him his daughter was a head case.

"Yes, well, she's been going through a difficult time Matt, well since the wedding."

"Yeah I know." I said.

"What has she done this time?" He asked.

"Just upsetting Lana, telling everyone we're getting married this week." I explained. "Look Jeff, it's kind of awkward and honestly, it's like she's trying to ruin my life."

"Do you blame her?" He snapped. "You ruined hers."

I closed my eye's, trying to calm myself down. I wanted to yell at him, badly. "Look Courtney needs some kind of help, I suggest you get it for her or I'll call the local authorities, I mean it, I've had enough."

"Fine, her mother and I will be down tomorrow to get her."

"Good." Thank fuck. "Oh and Jeff, the reason I didn't marry your daughter, well it's because she's a complete bitch, not marrying her was the best decision I'd ever made in my life." And I hung up.

I turned and headed back to the elevator. I really hoped they came down and got Courtney tomorrow because I meant what I said, if she goes near Lana again, I would call the police.

Lana, the real reason I didn't marry Courtney. Where was she? I really needed to find her, I really did.

I got in the elevator, willing it to hurry up. The sooner I could get showered, the sooner I could get back out there and find Lana.

I wished Lana was one of those girls who yelled and screamed at you, but she wasn't, she was the type who went off and dealt with things herself. If she yelled and screamed at me this would be over, we would have sorted it, we would probably be out for dinner and that's all I wanted, to spend time with Lana.

God, I seriously needed to have a really long talk with her, make her see, I needed her to see.

I arrived at the door and slipped my card in, hearing the click as the door unlocked. I opened it to complete darkness and I let my hand slide around for a second on the wall until I found the switch.

I flicked it on, it took my eye's a second to adjust, but once they did, the first thing I saw was Lana, sleeping on her bed.

I leant against the wall and took a deep breath. I'd never been so glad to see somebody in my whole life, ever.

I flicked the light off and walked out the door. I needed to let Marty know she was okay, then I wanted to go back to our room, to Lana.

As soon as I hit ground floor I ran straight over to them. "She's asleep." I told them quickly. "Upstairs, sound asleep."

"That fucking bitch." Marty cried and then she burst into tears.

It had been a stressful day for all of us. "So now you can relax, we can all relax." I said, hugging her. "I'm going up and I'll see you in the morning."

She nodded, wiping her face. "Kick her ass will you Matt."

"Oh I will." I told her, heading back to the elevators, after I kissed her, then I would kick her ass.

I let myself back into the room quietly, finding my way to the bedroom in the dark, I flicked on the light, it illuminated the room a little. I grabbed my stuff and headed into the shower, quietly. I didn't want to wake Lana, she was sound asleep and she look exhausted.

I guess being told that your boyfriend was marrying some one else did that to you, I thought as I got out of the shower. Fuck Courtney for all of this, I held her responsible.

I walked out of the bathroom and over to Lana. She was curled on her side, sleeping with a scowl on her face. She had on a singlet top and I could see she had sunburn, but to me she looked beautiful and I looked at her, drinking in her face, I'd missed seeing her today, so much.

I turned and went back into the bedroom, standing there. I looked at the locket that I pulled out of my pocket, I guess I would just have to get her new one.

I looked at my big comfy bed. I wanted more than anything than to curl up with Lana in my arms and sleep for the next twelve hours, but I knew Lana needed sleep, and well if she woke up, she'd probably be pissed at me.

So I did the only thing I could think of. I flicked off the light and turned, heading back over to Lana in that tiny little bed. I pulled back the covers gently and then I squeezed in behind her, lifting her head gently to get my arm under her and wrapping my other around her waist. I curled up against her and leant over, brushing her hair from her face. She groaned softly and I kissed her cheek.

I closed my eye's, listening to her sleep. Tomorrow we would talk, but tonight, tonight I just wanted to hold her.