Remenissions

Chapter 9

Lana's POV

Thank fuck I knew where she was. I just couldn't believe that all of this had happened and I had no clue. Nobody had told me and worse yet, Marty hadn't told me. I certainly didn't like the idea of Marty being up there in that cabin by herself so I was going up whether she liked it or not.

Fuck Brian for doing this to her. I was going to have good long talk with that asshole.

I ran into my room and grabbed a bag out of the closet, and called Matt at the same time.

"I found her." I said as soon as he answered.

"Well where is she?" He demanded.

"Her Grandpa's cabin." I said, grabbing a few shirts and shoving them in my bag. "She's up there, in the middle of fucking nowhere by herself."

"She's what?" He asked, sounding as shocked as I had been by the idea.

"Yep, I'm just packing then I'm driving up there now." I explained. "I'll stay with her."

"Yep okay." He said. "I'll pick you up in ten minutes."

"What?"

"Lana I'm coming, I'll drive." He told me. "I'll stay as long as you want but I'm fucked if I'm letting you two girls stay up there by yourself."

"I'm sure we'll be fine Matthew." I said, mildly insulted that he thought we couldn't look after ourselves.

"I'll be there in ten minutes Lana." He snapped and then he hung up.

I threw my phone on the bed and went back to grabbing clothes, then I ran into the bathroom, grabbing what I needed. I zipped up my bag then caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, fuck, I was still all dressed up for my date. I went to the closet to grab something when my phone rang.

"I'm out the front." Matt said as soon as I answered and I grabbed a pair of tights and a t-shirt, throwing them on while I was basically running to the front door.

I pulled on my shoes and locked up, running downstairs to Matt's car that was idling out the front. He popped the trunk and I threw my bag in.

"Let's go." I said getting in and putting on my seatbelt.

"I'm stopping for coffee." He announced as he drove away and I agreed, caffeine was needed for this trip.

"So." Matt said, after we'd got coffee and were well and truly on the way. "Where'd your pretty dress go?"

"It was hardly cabin attire." I said, looking out the window.

He laughed. "I knew it wouldn't last."

And I looked at him. Just lately he'd been getting a little rude and it was beginning to piss me off. "What exactly do you mean by that?"

"Well you went on date, how did that go, are you seeing him again?"

"Well yes actually." I said smiling. "He kissed me."

"Huh?" He said glancing at me.

I smirked at him. "Yes Matthew I know it's unbelievable but a guy did kiss me and a guy actually wants to see me again."

"Calm down Lana." He mumbled, ending the conversation.

I was a little angry at his whole attitude, the way he was acting now, the way he acted around Nick and I was beginning to think that Courtney had something to do with it and for the first time I realised that our friendship might just end after he gets married.

"So why did Brian dump Marty?" I asked, changing the subject. "After all this time, he had to have had a reason?"

"Wait, what?" Matt said glancing at me. "Brian didn't dump Marty."

"Yes he did." I snapped because quiet frankly I was getting sick of Matt's smart mouth.

"No he didn't Lana. He went over to Marty's on Sunday and suddenly she dumped him." He explained. "He's fucking shattered."

"Wait, are you serious?" And he nodded. "Okay then something's happened because I know for a fact that Marty didn't want to break up with Brian."

"Well she fucking did." He said, then he sighed. "What's going on Lana, I feel like everything is falling apart." And I looked at him, he looked a little upset. "Marty and Brian and you and I, I don't know." And he went quiet for a minute.

"Everything's fine." I said, only I wondered if it was.

"Is it because of Courtney, because I'm getting married?" He suddenly asked.

I sighed and looked out the window. "Thing's are changing is all Matt." I told him. "We just can't hang out like we used to, you can't come over for day's and stay because now you have somebody and that's fine, I mean we have to grow up sometime."

"I guess." He said softly. "But promise me, once I'm married we'll arrange one day a week, just one day where you and I hang out, do something, together."

"Of course." I reassured him and I wondered how long that would last once life, a wife and kids got in the way.

"Good, now." He said reaching over and squeezing my hand. "Why don't you sleep."

And I nodded, laying back and closing my eyes, feeling a little sad for how much everything had changed. Why did we all have to get older and adult? I didn't like it.

The car eventually lulled me to sleep and as we neared the cabin Matt squeezed my leg gently.

"We're almost here." He said softly and I sat up straighter, looking at the complete darkness around us.

How could Marty stand being up here all by herself?

The door to the cabin opened as Matt parked the car next to Marty's and I got out, going to her and hugging her.

"How are you?" I asked her softly.

"Barely functioning." She whispered then she pulled back, watching Matt getting our bags. "And what the hell are you doing here?"

He smiled, walking over. "Well I wasn't letting you two loose up here all by yourselves, who knows what you'd get up to, probably end up arrested."

"True." She said laughing and I sighed. Her smile didn't reach her eye's.

"Now." Marty announced as we walked inside. "I know you probably want to talk but it's nearly 4.30 in the morning and I wouldn't mind some sleep and besides you two look beat."

I looked at Matt and he did, he looked exhausted. "We can talk tomorrow." I told her.

"Good." She said. "Now there's only the double bed in that room, you two will have to share, so goodnight." She said walking to the other room and opening the door. "And thankyou." She added, walking in and closing it.

"Don't fucking snore." Matt said, walking into the room we were sharing and I just ignored him, I was too tired to deal with his smartass attitude.

"Well don't you fart." I snapped, throwing myself on the bed and before I even felt Matt climb in I was already asleep.

I was exhausted.