Status: comments would be appreciated :)

Sterling's Daughter

Chapter 1

The first class was well into its period when the door banged open. Every head turned towards it. In the doorway stood a cute boy with dark eyes and a shock of brown hair. Laya felt her eyes widen with curiosity as she took him in. She'd never seen him before, and school had started 3 days ago. He must be new.
"Ah, Mr Hamilton," Miss Jens, the English teacher, stated dryly. "You have arrived, I see."
The boy just stared at the class and its petite teacher.
"And?" he asked, looking very disinterested.
"Take a seat in the corner beside Laya please," Miss Jens pointed to the seat, unmoved by his grouchy attitude.
Reluctantly, the boy headed for hte seat, and Laya summoned up a frown as he sat down.
"All right, class," Miss Jens cleared her throat loudly for attention. "I shall had out these papers for you to do alone. Just so I know where you all up to in your English."
She handed the papers out and Laya skimmed through the questions. They were all pretty easy. In 15 minutes the entire class was done.
"Laya, would you collect the papers, please?" Miss Jens asked.
Laya stood up and reached out for the boy's paper first. He made no offer to hand it to her, so she snatched it up herself. She glanced briefly at it, then stared. The blanks for the answers were empty. The page hadn't been touched.
And suddenly she had that urge to be nasty.
"Why, why," she turned back to face the classs with a grin toying at her lips. "The page is empty with nothing written on it. I do believe our fellow student can't read or write."
The class laughed loudly, but Miss Jens glowered.
"Thankyou, Laya," she said firmly. "But please collect the papers."
"Of course," Laya said in a honey sweet tone. SHe glanced back at the boy before moving on. HIs face was like a thundercload. She was delighted that she'd found someone she could pick on. She'd never been able to do that in previous years. And he definitely wasn't impressed at all.
The class was still laughing at what Laya had said when they trooped out the door.
"Nice, Laya," her friend Kirsty grinned. "Boy, his face was blacker than ever!"
"I know," Laya couldn't help but feel a bit proud of herself.
"We could give you lessons, ya know," Kirsty smirked at the dark haired boy.
"Yeah, do you want them?" Laya called after his retreating back. He suddenly stopped short, spun in his tracks, and stormed back to her, leaning in very close to her face.
"I'm doing the best that I can!" he flashed at her. His dark eyes were dangerous, and Laya was momentarily stunned and speechless. Then he whirled away and marched down the hall.
"Wow!" Kirsty laughed. "You sparked a fire there."
Laya pursed her lips, trying to slow her racing pulse. Not only had that given her a fright, but she'd just realised that he was definitely drop dead gorgeous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment :)
thanks for reading...!