Status: comments would be appreciated :)

Sterling's Daughter

Chapter 8

Laya walked to Melindy's house at 5, since she lived only a few houses away. She got there just as Kirsty was climbing out of her father's car. Melindy stepped out of her house and jogged over to greet them, Rose, Ty and Mike already with her.
Just as they were all greeting each other perhaps overly loudly, a car drew up into the driveway as Kirsty's dad pulled out. Both back doors opened and two dark haired boys stepped out.
Laya's jaw dropped.
Will happened to glance up as she slammed her mouth shut, annoyed.
"You never mentioned him coming," she hissed at Melindy out of the side of her mouth. Melindy raised one perfect eyebrow, and a smile twitched at the corners of her mouth, making Laya feel suspicious.
"Oh, I'm so sorry," Melindy bit her lip. "He was hanging at Dylan's today, so I thought he might as well come too."
I bet you did, Laya groaned inwardly. Great. She had to spent the next 5 hours with Will Hamilton.
"Take care, you lot," Dylan's dad called before he drove away, leaving the group standing in the driveway.
"Come on in," Melindy led the way into the house.
Laya noticed Kirsty glancing at her sideways as they went into the lounge and sat down on a sofa.
"What?" she asked finally. She met Kirsty's gaze steadily.
"Uh...nothing," Kirsty shrugged, and Laya felt her eyebrows knit together. Nothing? Did Kirsty seriously think that Laya was just going to let that go by?
"Nice try," Laya snorted. "What's up?" Kirsty sighed heavily.
"You should talk to him," she tilted her head towards Will, Dylan, Ty and Mike, where they were arguing over what to eat first.
"Why should I talk to Ty?" Laya acted dumb. "He's your crush, not mine."
"Haha, hilarious," Kirsty rolled her eyes. "We both know I mean Will."
"Why should I talk to him?" Laya demanded. "We're not friends."
"You could be," Kirsty smirked.
"Oh, shut up!" Laya slapped her gently over the head. "I am not hooking up with him. End of story."
***
"Okay, since we've finished this movie, I suggest we play truth or dare," Mike said 2 hours later.
"Fine," Melindy put her laptop down and turned back to her visitors. "Let's work around the lounge from left to right. So Rose, you start."
"Okay..." Laya could have sworn she saw Rose and Melindy exchanging sly grins. Hmm. That was just plain suspicious.
"Will, truth or dare," Rose asked him.
"Dare," Will responded automatically.
" 'K," Rose looked smug. "Will Hamilton, I dare you to kiss...Laya Sterling."
Laya squealed, and looked alarmed.
"Hey!" she cried. "He doesn't have my permission!"
The others laughed.
"Like he needs it," Dylan hooted loudly. Laya glared at him. Will groaned.
"How about something less painful?" he suggested. "Like a whipping?"
Everyone just carried on laughing; that is, except for Laya and Will.
"I hate you, Rose," Laya turned her death glare onto the youngest of all of them, before shifting her attention to Will. He didn't look exactly delighted by the dare he'd been given. He walked over to stand in front of her, and her first instincts told her to run and get the hell out of this place. But she kept both feet on the ground and narrowed her eyes at him.
"Hey, I hate her to," he shrugged, looking less than impressed.
Laya's heart was pounding in her chest and her palms were sweaty as she froze, rooted to the spot. Will just dipped his head towards hers and their mouths met. Laya had been praying he'd only kiss her for a fraction of a second and get it over and done with, but he clearly had different thoughts. A few seconds felt like an eternity before he began to pull back, and when he did, she actually followed him for a moment before she realised what she was doing. She sprang back and stared at him out of wide, horrified eyes. She never heard the whistles and catcalls from the others. Her face was burning as she almost leapt into her seat, and she was focusing too much on how to get rid of the obvious flush that was staining her cheeks.
But what horrified her even more, was that she'd actually enjoyed kissing Will Hamilton.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE COMMENT!!!!