Status: Complete

L Is for the Way...

...You Look At Me

One...two...three...four...five. This was the mantra sounding in Jack's head has he removed his thumb and forefinger from the skin of his arm. This was the third time he had pinched himself just this morning, but one of many over the past week or so. The salty sea breeze wafted into Jack's nose, another sensory feeling that reminds this is real. Sitting up, he twisted side to side to crack his back before allowing the full force of the sun to infiltrate his eyes.

The power of the sun was shining down on the man from the island of St. Lucia at the Jade Mountain resort. Clear blue waters lapped the shore wetting the soft sands. The resort was the epitome of modern with all white walls that were accented with either black or copper furniture and decor. It was in a room with the wall facing the ocean that was completely removed that Jack gazed upon the spectacular view. The view with which was thankfully very private as well given the events that happened in this room last night as well as the ones to come.

Thinking about the events of last night brought a smile to Jack's face causing him to lean over to look at the outline of the person laying next to him in the bed. Alex was tucked underneath the the white sheets, curling in on himself since the heat of Jack's body left him. His chestnut brown hair was splayed in every direction on the pillow. Soft snores were leaving his body from the slight way his mouth was open, allowing Jack to see the slight gap and buck shape of his front teeth that Alex still had from his youth. Jack eye's trailed down every inch of the mans face as it was the only thing he could really see from the covers, but he knew beneath the sheets was the flawless body of the older man. Jack leaned down, bringing his nose to Alex's cheek and regaining some warmth to his own body as well. H placed light kisses across Alex' face attempting to wake him up. Eventually it worked and Alex shook his head and turned himself over to bury his face in Jack's bare chest.

“Good morning, Mr. Barakat” Jack murmured, placing a kiss on Alex's head.Alex let out a sleepy giggle in response.

“Good morning to you too, Mr .Barakat.”

The smile on Jack’s face grew after hearing the new last names together. It only took a little over ten years to get to this spot but was it worth it. In his head Jack replayed the first time he ever met Alex.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Alright class settle down!” The blonde science teacher told the 8th grade class. “That means you Mr. Barakat”

Thirteen year old Jack Barakat held in his snort as best as he could. He and some other kids and the back had been passing around dirty jokes on ripped pages of notebook paper until the teacher caught them. They were still laughing over the last joke while she tried to resume order.

“As I was saying. The cells in our body-”
There was a knock at the door that stopped her. She huffed and went over to unlock the door and in stepped another thirteen year old boy. He has shaggy light brown hair, a black t shirt that read “sublime” and cargo pants that were three sizes too big covered in chains. He shook the hair out of his eyes as he gazed around the classroom almost shyly.

“Oh my gosh he's so cute!” One of the girls in front of Jack whispered to her friend who nodded her head in agreement.

‘Yeah he is.’ Jack thought and then quickly shook the thought away. He wasn't cute, Jack didn't find boys cute. He was just jealous cause Jack was clearly the ladies man at this school and he wasn't going to let some new kid show him up.

“Introduce yourself to the class and then take a seat” The teacher told the new student.

“Um, I'm Alex Gaskarth. I just transferred here from an all boys school and I moved to Baltimore when I was seven from England.”

“England! He's so fancy” Jack heard more girls coo causing him to cross his arms in annoyance.

“Thank you, take your seat and we will continue class.”

Alex walked to the back of the class and sat in the seat behind Jack. Jack paid Alex no mind as he walked past him and focused on the teacher. Class went on until the teacher told them to get into partners and start brainstorming for their project. Jack looked to the people around him and saw everyone had paired off, except for a certain male behind him. Reluctantly Jack turned around to face Alex. Ready to say some smart joke about being the class clown and pretty well known Jack's breath caught in his throat.

Alex had looked up at Jack once he saw him turning around and it was his look on his face that stopped the skunk haired boy. Alex had the biggest brown eyes Jack had ever seen that were wide with uncertainty at the situation. His bottom lip was poked out just enough to be considered a pout. Jack licked his lips and kept staring at the boy.

“So, um, partners?” Alex questioned the boy still looking at him. “Are you alright dude?”

Jack could only nod and turn around quickly. ‘Fuck’ he thought.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I was always quite charming.” Alex commented. The newlyweds were now sitting up together with Alex between Jack legs as he leaned up against the headboard of the bed.

“Pfft. Admit it, you fell for me the moment you saw me. Who can resist all of this?” Jack shook his hips around Alex while he spoke. His smile turned soft. “Really though, you were the first guy I ever thought was cute. Scared the crap of me and I soon got over it. Hot people are hot, but you are the only one I have ever loved”

Alex lightly punched him in the shoulder, but still smiled. He agreed though, Jack was also the first guy Alex had ever been attracted too. While down the road he had made out with a few more Jack had his heart from day one and he wouldn't have it any other way. Alex trailed his fingers up Jacks arms.

“It's all real you know.” The shorter man told him. “I know this took a while, and I'm not going to apologize cause you kept telling me not too, I get it. This is happening though. It was always meant to be like this and now it is. Later then normal but we are here to continue our lives together. As best friends, as band mates, and as lovers for everyone to know.”

Jack leaned down and have Alex a long soft kiss.

“Thank you baby boy. That means more then you could ever imagine. This is all of my dreams come together so it's still hard to believe that after everything that we are finally okay. More than okay.”

“Perfect.” Alex told him. “Maybe not all the time, but perfect enough. Our little slice of life and everything will be okay, just like it always has been. I love you.”

“I love you, too”

The two gazed into each other's eyes for a little bit longer as well as sharing a few more sweet kisses. Eventually they both got up and got dressed to spend a day at the beach together. Their perfect little place that they finally got to be free. Where for the whole day they got to watch the suns rays glitter off the new wedding bands on both of their fingers. Those fingers that touched forming one hand and one heart as they walked down the beach at night. Talking under the stars and reminiscing on the past twelve years and how far they have gone, and how the future held nothing but hope. No matter what happened.