Take Me to Church

Chapter Ten

Chibs walked out of the room, leaving me alone sitting on the bed; so, I took that as my chance and walked into the bathroom. I made sure to avoid looking in the mirror as I turned on the hot shower water and climbed into the glass box.

It didn't take long for steam to begin filling up the space I was in, as I pressed my back against the wall before sliding down so that I was sitting on the ground.

The blood that stained my hands had long since dried and turned crusty on the palms of my hands- the blood that was also on my cheeks probably had as well. The only way to get it off would to be to let the warm water run over it for a few minutes in order to be able to scrub it away.

As I was sitting there, I couldn't help but let the images of what had happened flash through my mind. The way I felt. Hale laying on the ground. The screaming. The blood. I couldn't believe that it had actually happened.

How could something like that have happened directly in the middle of Charming? They killed the Deputy! What the hell was happening!!

As the images flashed through my mind, I once more began to cry. If I wouldn't have been standing there, then Hale wouldn't have had to push me out of the way. If he wouldn't have had to push me out of the way, then he wouldn't have been hit by the car; and that means that he would still be here.

I could hear Chibs' footsteps come back into the bedroom and pause for a moment before continuing to make their way into the bathroom in order to find me.

"Christ, lass, what are you doing?" He muttered under his breath, shaking his head. Immediately, he stripped down out of his clothes and joined me under the water. I couldn't stop crying as he grabbed onto my wrists and pulled me to my feet in front of him. "You're going to make yourself sitting here like this, especially if you continue to sit here once the hot water turns to ice." He was talking to me, but I think he was mostly doing it for his own benefit.

Reaching down, he grabbed the hem of my sopping wet t-shirt and pulled it over my head, before dropping it to the ground. The he repeated the same process with my socks and jeans til I was standing stark in front of him.

Not like it was something he'd never seen before.

"I want you to stop blaming yourself for what happened. None of it is your fault. Not in any way is it your fault." He whispered, pulling me against him I always did feel better when I was in his arms.

I also wrapped my arms tightly around his torso, and allowed myself to cry into his shoulder. This was better than just crying alone in the shower. At least I knew that there was someone who cared about me enough to take care of me. At least I knew he loved me enough to reassure me that this wasn't my fault even though he didn't have to do anything like this.

"I love you, Filip." I mumbled, suddenly. It obvious caught his attention, and I knew he hadn't been expecting it because the way his body tensed ever so slightly when I spoke.

"I love you too, Kaela. Please stop crying." When he looked down at me, I thought he was going to kiss me. He did, but first he kissed away the few tears that had been rolling down my cheeks.

What had I done in my life to ever deserve this man?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys this is just a little filler chapter for you, but I am here to say that I will be updating more!!!! So be ready! I love you guys