Take Me to Church

Chapter Twelve

It was while I was sitting outside smoking that my phone began ringing loudly in my pocket. Part of me thought it might've been one of the boys needing something; but I was shocked to see my dad's name pop up on the screen.

"Hello?" I spoke, releasing the toxic smoke from my lungs. "Hello, sweetheart. Ya doing alright?" My father's gruff voice echoed in my ear. "I'm doing just fine. Why are you calling, da? You never call." I asked with a sigh. "Well, I hear congratulations are in order. Heard you got yourself a patch on your back now- the first female member." He chuckled lightly.

"How did you even know about that?" I questioned him, pushing my hair out of my face. Damn wind.

"Word about things like that travel rather quickly through the charters. Especially the news that Clay was changing the by-laws to even allow you into the club in the first place." He explained, sounding as if this kind of thing was something that happened on a daily basis.

Suddenly, I had the idea to ask him something that should've been asked first thing. "Can I ask you something, da?" I hummed. "Of course, darling. What is it?" He asked me. Once more I hesitated before asking him what was really on my mind. "Do....Do you know if Cameron Hayes is back in Belfast?" I managed to choke out. Yet part of me was screaming that I shouldn't have asked.

"Cammy? Why do you ask?" Of course he had to answer my question with a question of his own. I knew I couldn't just tell him the truth, just so Jimmy couldn't get to him. "I, well, the club's looking for him. He shorted us on the last shipment, and now we can't find him anywhere. I was thinking he might have up and left Charming. Just a guess though." I was rather quick to come up with a story.

He was quiet for a few moments before clearing his throat.

"Yeah, I think I might've heard Mo say something about seeing him around. I'll see what I can find out for you. Love ya, sweetheart." With that, our phone call ended and I made my way into the club house.

I was getting ready to grab myself a drink, when I heard the sound of multiple bikes pulling into the compound. Good thing they didn't show up while I was still on the phone. Clay made it perfectly clear that no one was to know the truth about my family. My father made that perfectly clear as well. That's exactly why Chibs and Clay were the only two who knew about it.

As the boys filtered into the bar, Chibs put his arm around my shoulders and began leading my into the chapel with everyone else. "Uh what's going on?" I asked, looking up at him as we walked.

"Time for church, love." Was all he said as we came to stand in front of the table.

Clay sat at the head of the table. Jax was to his left, and Tig was to his right. Chibs sat down next to Tig, and Bobby was sitting next to Jax. Then came Opie who was sitting next to Chibs, and Juice was next to Bobby. Finally Piney was at the other end on the table, directly across from Clay.

I had no clue what I was supposed to do, so I was going to try to just sneak out; but I couldn't. Instead, Chibs grasped onto my wrist and pulled me down onto his lap simply.

"So, our best intel puts Cameron in Vancouver. That's where I'm going. I'm going to do this last run for the Irish, pick up my mom, get some new I.D. and head North. It gets Gemma out of Dodge, I'll hook up with Serg's tracker and find my kid." Jax started things off simply. Part of me wanted to speak up so badly, tell him what my dad had said on the phone- but I couldn't do that without telling everyone who my father is.

"You ain't going alone." Clay was quick to inform the blonde male. "Look, we know these San Juan charges aren't gonna land, most of the people in that hall won't testify. It might just end up being the gun charges, but if we skip we look guilty. " Jax pointed out.

Gun charges? I remember the boys had gone inside a while back, but I never knew exactly why. Chibs hadn't been involved because it had happened while he was in the hospital after the explosion. Turning to look at Chibs, I grabbed the lit cigarette that was in his hand and placed it in-between my lips.

"They'll use it against us. I can't ask you guys to take that hit." Jax shook his head. "But I can, who's up for a Canadian adventure?" Clay chuckled with a smirk on his face. The boys were all very quick to raise there hands and start laughing. And so was I. "You lose, eh?" Clay laughed louder, mocking his step-son.

His words made the rest of us laugh at the blonde man who had been defeated. "You all are very unbalanced individuals."Jax laughed, shaking his head. Then, everything turned serious once more.

"You take Gemma with you, you're going to have to tell her about the kid." Bobby pointed out, unfortunately ruining the happy moment. Jax took a deep breath as he lit up his own cigarette- and Chibs stole back the one I had. "I know." Reaching out, Clay slapping his hand down on Jax's shoulder. "We do that together." Clay reassured him.

After that, Clay dismissed us so we could all go our own separate ways. Upon standing up, Chibs was quick to put his arm around my shoulders as we walked out into the bar together. "So, now you've sat through it, I'm sure you realize there's no reason for you to avoid it anymore." He chuckled, looking down at me. I couldn't help but smile ever so slightly as I looked up at him. "I guess not." I giggled.

Walking outside, my eyes landed on Opie. He was across the lot and he definitely did not look happy. Though, that was most likely because Lyla was currently standing in front of him, screaming at him and making a scene. She kept going on and on about how she wasn't going to stop being a porn star now that they were together, or something like that.

"Do you feel up to coming with us or do you want to stay here? We'll be gone a few hours, and I know you were feeling well earlier." Chibs questioned as we approached his bike. I know I had previously asked him to bring me back to the club; but that's just because I needed privacy for my phone call. I didn't want Chibs to know about it until I was certain about what was going on.

Smiling, I snatched my helmet up from the back of his bike. "I'm going with you, of course." I winked. He simply rolled his eyes before climbing onto his bike. I then climbed on behind him, and we pulled off the lot with everyone else.

This time, we ended up at a Chinese restaurant, which I'm guessing belonged to Lin and his crew. Because that's who met us there. There was also a large group of business men, a few Asian girls who were barely dressed, and a handful of CaraCara girls- including Lyla. They were having a private gathering in the back room. Which is most likely why Opie sat alone, looking like he was about to kill someone.

Chibs and I sat in a booth a few feet away from Opie. Bobby and a girl with huge tits were sitting across the table from us. Juice was finding comfort in two of the many women here. Clay and Jax were sitting at the bar talking. Hell, even Piney had come with us and seemed to be having a good time.

Part of me wanted to go over and talk to Opie; but the other part of me already knew how that conversation was going to go.

He'd tell me how he isn't comfortable with the situation at hand. I'd tell him Clay wouldn't have minded if he skipped out on this. He'd reply by saying that didn't matter, that he needed to stand by his club and watch over his girl- leaving me with no real argument.

Seeing Opie stand up immediately caught my attention, and I pointed it out to Chibs as well. He watched his brother for a few seconds before calling out to him. "Op! Opie!" Chibs called after the large male. Opie ignored my husband's shouts, and continued heading towards the back room. Realizing what was happening, Chibs was quick to follow; and Bobby following along behind him.

I crossed my arms over my chest as I saw Opie kick open the doors that lead to the back room. This cause a few of the girls to scream and jump out of the way. Just barely, I caught sight of Lyla standing from her spot on her knees in front of a man who was now pulling up his pants. Well, that definitely explained why Opie was so upset.

Is this what they were fighting about earlier?

With a sigh, I decided I better help somehow. Climbing out of the booth, I gathered the girls up so they didn't accidently get hit as the rest of the Sons came running to Opie's aid.

The girls cowered behind me, as my eyes scanned over the crowd of fighting bikers and business men. Although the main thing that caught my attention, was the way Chibs was fighting. He grabbed a man by the collar of his shirt, and slammed their heads together rather harshly. even just watching him do it made my head hurt, like damn. Everything seemed to calm down as Opie left- dragging Lyla by the arm along behind him as we went.

Everyone slowly began to recompose themselves, so I made my move back over to my husband's side. "Are you okay?" I asked, putting my hand on his chest. His chest was heaving up and down as he tried to catch his breath. "I'm fine, love. Just out of breath is all." He flashed me an obviously fake smile. "Are you sure? I mean, I saw you head butt that guy; and even I felt it." I pointed out to him.

"I promise, love. I'm fine, so quit your worrying, lass. Let's just go back to the club, alright?" This time when he smiled it was genuine. Putting his arm around my shoulders, we began walking towards the doors.

I thought nothing else of the situation as we got back onto his bike and made our way back to the club like he said.

Everyone else eventually did the same. Jax and Clay were of the last to return to the club, as they had to do damage control with Lin. I'm sure he definitely wasn't happy with the way things turned out today. Though, I couldn't really help but not card. I was more than happy that I didn't have to deal with it.

Chibs made us each a drink, while I went down the hallway to our apartment-even though I offered to make our drinks instead. Once in the confines of our apartment, I changed out of the dirty, sweat-soaked outfit I had on, and changed into some clean pajamas to lounge around in until we go to bed. I also pulled my long hair up into a rather messy bun on the top of my head.

Taking a breath, I walked out of the apartment and made my way back out into the bar. I was wearing shorts, a tank top, and my feet were bare.

Upon seeing me walk back into the bar, Chibs came walking over to me and offered my drink out to me. I was quick to take it from him before placing my arm around his waist, and we joined everyone else in the bar. Jax and Opie were sitting at one of the small tables behind us- or at least they were until Lyla and some other blonde tart came walking in.

Jax was quick to jump at the chance to offer the girl a ride home, which made the slutty girl more than happy.

Feeling a sharp pain shoot through my lower abdomen, my fingers clutched onto the material of Chibs' shirt. "You feeling alright, love?" He was quick to ask upon feeling my fingers gripping onto him. "I'm fine. My stomach just hurts a bit."I mumbled before flashing him a quick smile.

"Guys, guys you have to see this!" Juice breathed, carrying his computer over to the bar. He set it on the bar top before having to pull something up on the screen. "I got an email from Belfast PD. This was taken six hours ago in Short Strand, Belfast." He explained as he worked.

The picture that appeared on the screen really wasn't all that surprising. At least it wasn't to me.

It was a picture of Cameron Hayes, obviously dead, with an Army Tag carved into the top of his head. It was obvious, to all of us, that he had been strangled. This hadn't been just any old murder- this was a message.

"If Cameron's dead in Ireland. Where's Abel?" Juice asked. My eyes moved to land on Jax, who was shaking his head, disappointed. God, I hate knowing how much this must be killing him.

I fucking knew Jimmy's intel was bullshit.
♠ ♠ ♠
And another update for you guys!