Take Me to Church

Chapter Sixteen

That night, I fell asleep in my husband's arms. Even though that was something that happened on a normal basis, this felt more special for some reason. Yet, as I had been expecting, I woke up alone in the bed this morning.

So, I wasted no time getting out of bed and getting dressed. I picked a pair of black jeans, a black tank top with feathers in the design of a rib cage, black combat boots, a blue plaid button down with a matching scarf, and of course my cut over top of it all. Then, I pulled my hair loosely over my shoulder and began to braid the long locks.

Walking out of the apartment, I locked the door behind me before looking around. I saw Tara standing a few feet away in the doorway of Jax's apartment. "Hey, Tara." I smiled as I walked towards her. Her eyes landed on me for a brief moment before she turned and quickly stormed away. Had I made her angry or something? Walking faster, I came out into the bar just in time to see Tara storming out of the bar, and Lyla reaching up and smacking Opie harshly.

What the hell is going on here?

I looked Opie over for a brief second before walking out behind both Lyla and Tara. Apparently I wasn't the only one interested in knowing why Tara was so angry this morning. "What the hell is going on?" I breathed out as Tara began to pull her car out of the lot. "Jax slept with Ima last night." Lyla said, turning to look at me as she spoke.

Hearing heels clicking against the pavement behind me, I turned around to see who it was. I recognized it as the blonde who had been trying to get Jax to give her a ride home the other night. She, like Lyla, was one of the CaraCara girls- only Lyla didn't go around be a homewrecker just because she's a porn star.

"Well, that was awkward." Ima smirked as she came to stand between Lyla and I.

The next thing I knew, Lyla twirled around and smacked Ima across the face just like she had previously done to Opie. "What the hell is your problem?" Ima screeched, her hand clutching her now red cheek. "You just couldn't help yourself could you?" Lyla scoffed in the other woman's direction before walking away completely.

I couldn't blame her for walking away- in fact, I should've done the same thing. But I hesitated. "Hey, it's not my fault Jax wanted to sleep with me, even though not much sleeping happened." Pausing, she turned her attention to me next, "You know, Jax was good; but I think I'll go for the Scot next." She smirked. Rage immediately fueled my body as I sent my fist flying harshly into the girls nose.She screamed as she fell, getting the attention of Chibs and Piney who were out in the garage.

"My nose! What the hell is wrong with you, you bitch!" She shouted, looking up at me from the ground. "You are my problem. Stay away from Jax, my husband, and the rest of my brothers. You come near this club again, and I'll kill you." I said, kicking her harshly in the side as I spoke.

Feeling arms wrap around my shoulders, I allowed myself to be lead away from the bleeding girl. Chibs lead me back into the club with a laugh. "Jesus, lass what's gotten into you?" He breathed out, grabbing my hand. His fingers ran over my knuckles, wiping away the blood I hadn't even noticed were there. "Stupid skank deserved it." I muttered under my breath.

"What did she say to you?" He inquired, letting go of my hand. "Oh nothing really- just her plans to sleep with my husband. I was protecting what's mine." I shrugged my shoulders.

Once more laughing, Chibs put his arm around my shoulders and walked me into the chapel where everyone was gathering. Everyone was in their usual spots, except Clay, Jax, and Tig. There were all standing up at the head of the table, looking over a map that was spread out in front of the three of them.

"I've got to call McGee." Clay informed us. "We still don't know if O'Neill can be trusted." Jax said with a sigh. It seemed I'm not the only one worried that Jimmy might have gotten their claws in some club members. "I'll press McGee for that truth;v but we've got no choice. Either way we need that charter." Clay added, before finally sitting down in seat. "Okay boys, traveling with bond restrictions; no rockers. Our reapers are out there on the bar." Tig spoke as he sat down as well. "Travel light, if it don't fit on your back, don't bring it." Bobby added in.

Then, Jax turned his gaze to Chibs. "Did you reach out to Fiona?" He questioned the man whose lap I was currently sitting in. "I tried, but I failed to get through. Bastard O'Phalen has had her and my Kerrianne under lock down." Chibs breathed out, obviously not happy.

Ah yes, with our trip to Belfast, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Fiona and Kerrianne will be around as much as possible. Not that I'm complaining. They arm Chibs' family after all. I would be meeting my step-daughter for the first time. It's weird to think, am I even old enough to have a step daughter? It's all so surreal.

"Does she have any idea why Jimmy lied about Abel?" Jax asked, still looking Chibs over. "Sorry brother, she's not sure. She only knows that Jimmy plans to push against Kellan Ashby. Something to do with Belfast SOA." Chibs shrugged his shoulders lightly. "Kellan Ashby? The Priest?" Juice questioned immediately. "Aye, father Kellan Ashby. The real IRA consigliere." Chibs confirmed.

"Kellan doesn't call any shots, but no shots get called without his two cents." Piney said, shaking his head lightly. Sighing, Jax moved to stand up straight from where he had been leaning over the table.

"Whatever it is, Jimmy doesn't want us in Ireland. He finds out we're there and we could be up against IRA heat." Jax pointed out to us all. This was all starting to sound more difficult than I originally had thought. God, I hope we can actually pull this off. "Well, that's a rick we're going to have to take." Clay demanded before dismissing us all.

Chibs and I walked out of the chapel hand in hand, and he pulled me over to the side- away from everyone else.

"You sure about coming with us, darling? I know you miss your family and all; but if something goes wrong, I don't want you to end up getting hurt." He breathed, placing his hand lightly on my cheek. Smiling, I leaned further into him. "I know you worry, but I'm going. If not to see my family, then to see Belfast again. Belfast is my home, it's where I was born; and I haven't been home since I was eleven." I said, looking at him through my lashes.

Sighing, he nodded his head and gave into seeing things my way.

With a smile, I pushed myself onto my toes and pressed a soft kiss to his lips before speaking again. "Now you go on. I'll stay here and make sure everyone is ready to leave." I told him, giving him another small kiss before walking away- heading back to the apartment.

When I walked into the apartment, I was surprised to see a basket of laundry sitting on the edge of the bed. It was all washed and folded in the basket. Checking the hamper, I noticed that it had been emptied. That's when I remembered that the Prospects had a master key in order to do bitch work such as doing everyone's laundry. Though, they could only do it when told to, so Chibs must have said something to one of them.

Grabbing two black backpacks, I filled them with clothes, and whatever we absolutely would need to have with us.

When everything was packed up, I put the two bags by the door before moving back over to the bed. I straightened up the pillows, before pulling the sheets and blanket up to the top- making the bed. Once that was done, I went into the bathroom and cleaned up the counter.

Sure, I could have easily made one of the prospects do all this for me, but I needed something to do to pass the time.

It was while I was cleaning the bathroom mirror that Chibs came waltzing into the apartment. "Is everything read, love?" He breathed out. "Yeah, bags are right there by the door." I called out, reaching up to push my bangs out of my face. "Alright, I'll take them out to the van, I'll see you out there." I heard him calling from the bedroom. I didn't bother stopping him, knowing he wasn't going to listen anyway. Instead, I finished cleaning the mirror before washing my hands off and following him out of the apartment- once more locking the door behind me.

As I was walking, I spotting Clay talking to one of the prospects- Miles. "If anything happens to this bird, Gemma will stuff you into this cage, make you wear a beak, and shit on newspaper." Clay gave the man only one warning. "That sounds fair." Miles nodded, taking the caged bird from Clay.

"We've got to be on the road by four-thirty." Piney sighed, walking over to Clay. It was almost four now. "Stockton Cargo. This gets us in the employee gate. Follow the signs to Oswald's cargo hanger. Jet loads from there." Clay explained loud enough for us all to hear, handing Piney some kind of pass. Meanwhile, I made my way over to the back of the van, and organized our bags so that we could all sit comfortably.

Tig, Clay, and Jax all left in the tow truck while I was doing that. They were going to say bye to Gemma.

We spent a few more minutes situating everything before climbing into the van and leaving. Piney drove, I was in the passenger seat, and everyone else was crammed in the back with all the bags as we drove to Stockton Cargo.

Since Tig, Clay, and Jax had previously left in order to say good-bye to Gemma I think it was safe to say that I was confused when Gemma arrived with Jax and Clay in Tara's car; but Tig and the tow truck where nowhere to be found. But, I didn't dare question it.

Instead, I walked onto the cargo plane with my husband by my side, and a large smile on my face. This was it. I can't believe this moment was finally here. Chibs and I were going back to Belfast- together.

I was finally going home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kaela

IT is definitely easier updating now that I have an actual laptop and not some flimsy tablet. ENjoy you guys!!!!