Take Me to Church

Chapter Eighteen

We got down to business as soon as we woke up this morning. I dressed myself in a pair of jeans, some boots, a grey sweater with a matching grey scarf, and my cut. I didn't eat breakfast, and instead made my way downstairs where I found myself sitting at the table with everyone else. Well, not exactly. I didn't let Chibs pull me down into his lap, and instead stood behind his chair with my arms crossed over my chest.

"What's this about?" McGee questioned, looking between Clay and Jax. "We want in on the Dungloe run." Clay spoke with a cocky smile plastered on his face. "That's a short list brother. You'd be taking bread off our tables." McGee spoke again, it was basically his way of telling Clay no without actually having to say no. "We're not looking for a cut, we just want to talk to Jimmy." Bobby said with a sigh.

"Look, Kellan didn't shed much light about my kid. Just that Jimmy might be involved." Jax added in there. It was obvious by the look on his face and the tone in his voice how much he missed his son. We all missed Abel. "We know he's going to be at the end of this pick up in Dungloe." He continued to speak when no one else did.

"Sort of power peer down in the army ranks, we got to dance around it. We can't piss off Jimmy, and we can't piss off Ashby." Clay was the one to explain further. "You guys okay with that, you need to vote?" Jax asked, looking towards McGee.

"We don't need to vote. Be good for you California lads, and lass, to see what we go through to put bread on the table." O'Neill said with a smirk on his face as McGee looked at him angrily. Even though I hadn't been planning on going on this run, my ego was definitely boosted that someone acknowledged me as a member of this club for once. "I'll call Dungloe, so they'll know." McGee gave in with a sigh.

With that, we were dismissed and I wasn't sure what to expect.

I knew that Chibs probably didn't want me to come on this run for two reasons. One, because O'Neill had made it sound dangerous. Two, because Jimmy was going to be there. It was completely obvious to me that Chibs wasn't comfortable with Jimmy being anywhere near me, and we all knew why.

"Kaela, lass, come here." Chibs called from across the room, where he was standing with my father. My father had his arms crossed over his chest, and a rather stern look on his face. Pushing my way through the crowded room, I found myself standing in front of the two men. "What's going on?" I breathed out, rocking back and forth on the balls of my feet.

"Filip and I think it's best if you sit this one out. Stay here with the other women." My father spoke lightly with a small shrug of his shoulders. "Okay." I nodded my head simply before turning to walk away.

Reaching out, Chibs grabbed me by my forearm and pulled me back to them. "Wait, 'okay'? You're not going to fight this? What's wrong with you today?" His eyes narrowed down at me, trying to figure out what was wrong. "Nothing's wrong." I scoffed lightly. "Bullshit." My husband immediately countered. "Um, I'll leave you two to settle things." My father rather awkwardly walked away from us. "Normally you'd raise hell to go, but you're not- so tell me what's wrong." Chibs growled out.

I could feel eyes on us as I snatched my arm out of his grip and looked up at him. "There's nothing wrong, I just so happened to know that you're not comfortable with Jimmy being anywhere near me after what happened with Fiona; and I knew you'd think I should sit you because it might be dangerous. So I was just taking your feelings into consideration, ass." I explained harshly before turning and walking away from him.

When it came time for them to leave, I didn't go with them. Instead, I gave my husband a good-bye kiss before standing off the side with the other women- watching our men ride away from us.

Maureen was the one to put her arm around my shoulders and pull me closer to her body. "Come on, love. You haven't eaten the whole time you've been here. Let's go get you some food shall we?" She flashed me a reassuring smile as she began pulling me away from the now empty lot. I didn't even realize that I was hungry until the mention of food. My stomach suddenly began to growl loudly. "Yes, please." I smiled, leaning into the woman's hold.

Gemma, Fiona, and Kerrianne followed us up into Maureen's home, while Trinity went down to run the shop just in case someone came by.

Inside, we all made our way into the kitchen, where we made a few sandwiches and sat in silence while we were eating. When I finished my food, I cleaned my dishes and put them away before making my way into the living room and sitting down. Kerrianne followed.

I sat down in a green arm chair, while she sat down on the couch closest to me. "So, you and my dad. huh?" She mumbled, looking up at me with wide eyes. I was a bit shocked she was even talking to me. If I was the one in her position, I wouldn't dare talk to the woman who was in my position. "Uhm, yeah. Sorry things are happening this way." I spoke silently, ringing my hands together.

"What do you mean, you're sorry?" She questioned me. I was hesitant to answer her question honestly; but what good would lying to her do?

"I wanted to meet you and your mom before your da and I got married. But with everything happening with the club, and things with Jimmy we unfortunately weren't able to do that. Though, I am glad to finally meet you." I explained to her, trying to smile as I did so. "Why would meeting me be something important enough for you to want to do before getting married?" She hummed out.

Once more, I rung my hands together as my eyes ran over the features of her face. She looks so much like Filip, it was damn near.....well, I'm not sure of the word I should be using to explain.

"Because, you are your father's only child. This is the first time you've seen each other in a very long time. I don't want you to feel like I'm stealing him away or anything like that." I sighed, it was the only way I could really explain. Yet, before she could say anything, a large man stepped into the room. Kerrianne and I were both shocked when the man reached out, grabbed us both by the arm, pulled us to our feet, and dragged us back into the kitchen where everyone was.

There was also a new face in the room as well. The one and only Jimmy O.

Not only that, but that had shot Casey. His body was sprawled out over the kitchen table, with blood covering the white wall. Upon seeing the body, and thinking it wasn't something Kerrianne needed to see, I quickly pulled the girl into my arms and shielded her eyes from it.

Then, from the corner of my eye I saw Maureen sneak forward and wrap her fingers around the hilt of a knife rather discretely. What happened next happened so quickly that it was actually kind of hard to believe what I was seeing.

Holding the knife, Maureen lunged at Jimmy and plunged the blade into his leg- this caused him to drop his gun. Gemma, in turn, was quick to reach down and pick up the discarded weapon. Only to point it at Jimmy and his little henchman. "Drop the gun, and get on the floor!" Gemma ordered the man. As I watched the scene unfold in front of me, I began to question why Jimmy was here instead of in Dungloe.

He's set something up. My stomach filled with worry as I considered the idea that something bad was about to happen to the boys.

"What are you doing, Gemma?" Fiona gasped, looking at Gemma with wide eyes. I continued to shield Kerriane from everything around us. "My family had a few things to work out with Jimmy." Gemma growled, pointing the gun at the man.

"That's a mistake." Fiona was quick to try to talk Gemma down. Unfortunately Gemma didn't listen to her. "Then it's my mistake, now take the girls downstairs!!" Gemma shouted loudly. Maureen was quick to jump at the sound of Gemma's voice, before taking Kerrianne by the arm and leading her downstairs.

Only once her daughter was gone, did Fiona pick up a gun and point it at Gemma. "W-What the hell are you doing??" Gemma gasped out. "Protecting you, now gimme the gun." Fiona ordered, holding her hand out for the gun Gemma was holding. "I've got to kill this son of a bitch!" Gemma sounded like she was on the verge of tears. "Not before I kill you." Fiona shook her head softly, still holding her hand out for the gun. Having an idea, I made my way over to Gemma slowly and put my hand over hers.

"If you kill Jimmy now, we might not ever find Abel. Give me the gun, Gemma." I whispered only loud enough for her to hear me. Gemma hesitated for a moment before handing over the gun.

Jimmy hadn't said anything up until this moment. He began to laugh loudly, as if openly mocking Gemma. At least until Fiona moved to point the gun at him instead of Gemma.

"Shut up! You come trying to collect Kerrianne or I again, and I swear I'll fill your thick Irish skull with bullets." Fiona snapped at him. Jimmy didn't move. He just sat there watching her with a blank look on his face. This only seemed to irritate her even more. Taking a breath, she cocked the gun. "Go! Leave!" She shouted at him. This time, Jimmy did as he was told. He stood from his seat and moved towards the door.

"Gemma, Kaela, always a pleasure." I felt disgusted as he smiled at us, and then his eyes moved over to Fiona. "I'll see you real soon, love." With that, he turned his back to us and left.

Once he was gone, Fiona put the gun down on the table; but I kept the one I had in my hand. Angry, Gemma moved to hit Fiona, but Fiona moved faster. Fiona was able to quickly dodge, turn and punch Gemma in the gut. Leaving Gemma with the wind knocked out of her as she backed herself up and sat down in one of the chairs.

"Why the hell did you stop me? Gemma gasped out, trying to regain her breath. "You kill Jimmy, and his crew would wipe out your whole family. Total bloody genocide- you have no idea." Fiona breathed out.

I took this moment to leave. I decided to make my way downstairs. As I walked past, I saw Maureen, Trinity, and Kerrianne all standing together in front of the shop. They smiled and waved as I walked past, but in no way did that make me stop. Instead, I kept walking, and made my way back into the club.

Once inside, I made my way upstairs to the loft, down the hallway, and into the room where mine and Chibs' stuff was. The room where we had slept last night.

I found myself sitting on the edge of the bed, with my hands in my hair, and my thoughts began wondering to Abel. Worried about him. His well being, if he's alright, if he was being fed, and if he was being treated properly. As I was thinking, panic struck when the thought entered my mind that we may not find him. What was going to happen to him if we can't find him?

I'm not sure how long I had been sitting there, but the next thing I knew, my husband was crouched down in front of me, with his hands resting on my knees. "Are you alright, love?" His voice broke my thoughts. "Huh, yeah I'm fine. How long have you been back?" I sniffled, looking into his eyes.

"Only just arrived." He breathed out. My eyes ran over his features as he spoke, and it was then that I noticed his face was covered in what looked like soot and ash. "What happened out there?" I whispered, reaching out to wipe some of the dirt away from his face. "Jimmy wasn't there. Since he didn't succeed in getting us deported, his next idea was blowing us up. He tried to kill us." He spoke in a soft voice.

My body filled with rage as I looked at my husband. "How many more time is someone going to try to kill you, or us, or our family. That's why Jimmy wasn't in Dungloe, but he was here. He came trying to collect Kerri and Fiona." I growled out, tears threatening my eyes ever so slightly.

Moving to stand, Chibs placed his hands on my cheeks and looked down in my eyes. "Jimmy was here? Was anyone hurt, you? Fi? Kerrianne? Everyone's alright?" He was quick to question as he began looking me over. Part of me was touched that he asked about me before anyone else. "Relax, we're all fine. Fiona sent him packing, damn near killed him in the process; but we're all alive. I'm guessing we can't say the same about some of the boys who went on that run?" I questioned, looking up at him. Now, his eyes glossed over and his face fell.

"The blast killed Podraic. Blew the lad apart." His words were dull, and you could hear the sadness in them. My heart broke for my husband, as I put my hands over top of his and moved to stand as well. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I know you loved him." I whispered.

When he said nothing I decided to speak again. Pulling his hands away from my face, I moved my hand around to the back of his head, and he lay his head down against my shoulder. "It's going to be a long road from here on out, but I can tell you one thing. People can try to hurt us, tear us apart, and they can try to kill us; but no matter what they do, no matter who they are, they will all pay for hurting us and our family. Every last one of them will pay." I spoke in a strong voice, know that if he couldn't be strong for himself right now, then I would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kaela

Hey guys, I love posting to this story, I really do. But I'm hoping to get a little feed back here. I know I disappeared for a while, and I'm sorry for that. But I would LOVE to hear what you think. Your opinions, your criticism, everything. Anything. Please let me know.