Take Me to Church

Chapter Twenty-Three

After that, we took the school bus back and got our bikes before going back to the club. The rest of the boys had already been arrested, but everyone was still gathered around in the lot as if it had only happened moments ago. I knew judging by the look on Tara's face that she hadn't been ready for this, nor is she ready for anything that will be coming our way in the future.

Things were still just as hectic as they were before; but now with so many of us missing, things actually seemed worse.

When Tara arrived at the club the next morning, she seemed rather scared and was shifting uncomfortably. "Tara, are you okay?" I asked, approaching her from the side. "Yeah, yeah. I'm just running a little late. I've got to get to work." She told me. "Here, give me Abel. I'll watch him while you're at work." I spoke, reaching out to take the small boy out of her arms. She was quick to hand him over to me. "Thanks." And with that, he left.

"Looks like you're spending the day with me, little man." I smiled down to the boy and walked into the club. The boys were all sitting together inside, trying to make plans to keep the club afloat. Meanwhile, there was a large group of crow eaters standing at the bar, smoking.

"Alright, listen up! No more smoking in here. Abel doesn't need to be around that shit. You want to smoke, take it outside!" I ordered, getting everyone's attention. When none of the smoking crow eaters made a move to go outside, I began to get angry and this time I started yelling. "Did I fucking stutter? Get the hell out of here!" I screamed at them. Hearing the tone of my voice, the girls jumped and started moving.

Chibs and Opie began lauding loudly, and at the sound of their laughter, Abel began laughing along with them. While the crow eaters made their ways outside, I moved to where the boys were sitting and sat down next to my husband. "Is this really all that's left of us?" I sighed, looking around the barren club.

"For the next few months it is." Opie responded in a gruff voice. "What are we going to do?" I mumbled, Abel shifted in my arms trying to get comfortable. "We're not entirely sure just yet." Opie grunted again. Yes, because that answer is completely reassuring. "But we'll figure something out." Chibs placed his hand on my thigh and gave it a small squeeze. This was his way of comforting me, and I loved it.

Feeling a sharp tug on my hair, I quickly looked down at the small boy in my arms. He was looking up at me with wide eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry, was I not paying enough attention to you?" I laughed lightly at the small boy in my arms. He simply nodded his head. Removing his glasses, Chibs set them down on the table before reaching his arms out. "Come here kid. You're getting big aren't you?" He laughed, taking the boy into his arm. "I know. I cannot believe how much he grew while he was gone." I hummed, setting my chin in my hand.

"And he'll be talking soon." Chibs pointed out, playing with the small boy. He's just growing so fast. Would it be this way whenever Chibs and I start a family? Will we ever be able to actually start a family?

As upsetting as it is, no matter how hard we try or how much, Chibs and I never seemed to be able to conceive. I'm not barren, and Chibs isn't sterile- so none of it made any sense to me. I want nothing more than to be able to start a family with the man I love; but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards for us right now.

We all spent the day together after that.

At some point, Opie sent the Prospects out to get everyone some food. We sat and ate together, we played with Abel, and took turned changing him. It was like that until Tara got off of work and came to pick him up.

After that, Chibs and I said out good-byes and made out way home for the night. All in all, it was a pretty good day.`
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a little filler for you guys!!!!