Take Me to Church

Chapter Twenty Five

The next few weeks seemed to fly by.

Most of the time Gemma was watching Abel. Tara’s stomach grew more and more with each passing day. When the guys, or well those of us not in prison, finally met Dyna they absolutely loved her. Especially Piney. When the growing pup was not with myself or Chibs, she was with Piney.

As Tara’s due date inched ever closer, we all started staying at the club. During the day, Chibs and I would help Tara set things up at the house in preparation for the baby’s arrival.

It was obvious how much she was stressing about everything- which isn’t good for the baby. I was growing more and more worried about them both with every passing day. If she puts too much more stress on herself, something bad was likely to happen. And we can’t survive many more bad things happening to our family.

Tara was currently in the kitchen making something for everyone to eat. Chibs, Opie, and I were all sitting in the nursery and had just finished putting together the crib. Or, well, Chibs and Opie had just finished putting it together. I was sitting across the room, up against the wall, with Dyna in my lap and reading the instructions to the boys. Dyna had, of course, grown tremendously in the past few weeks. So much so that she didn’t actually fit in my lap anymore- but she tried none the less.

“Piney still up at the cabin?” I asked Opie, my fingers running over Dyna’s short fur. She was napping peacefully in my lap. “What kind of question is that, you know he’s still there. I doubt he’ll come back any time soon.” He scoffed.

Part of me knew that Opie was right. Piney has a way of disappearing to the cabin for long periods of time when he wanted to be alone. If anything, Piney may not come back until the rest of the boys get released from prison. “Don’t worry about him, Kaela, he can take care of himself.” Opie spoke once more. This time, I was the one who scoffed at the sound of his words. “How can you expect me not to worry?” I all but snapped at the man.

“He’s a grown ass man, Kaela, he doesn’t need you to take care of him.” Opie’s words were harsh and slightly offensive. “Opie.” Chibs growled out a warning. In my spot sitting in the floor, I woke Dyna as I moved to stand up.

“You’re right, he may not need me to worry or watch over him; but I will do it anyway because I care. I will do it for all of you, because I care about all of you. Simple as that.” With that, I walked away from the two men.

I could hear Dyna’s footsteps as she followed along behind me, and Chibs called out after me from the nursery. Storming through the house, I made my way past the kitchen, and over to the front door. “Kaela, is something wrong?” Tara asked upon seeing me walk by.

Instead of answering, I walked out the front door and sat down on the stoop. Dyna lay down next to me, with her head on my lap as I pulled a pack of cigarettes out of my pocket.

Sticking the cancerous stick in between my lips, I lit it before taking a deep breath. Opie’s words seemed to get to me- though I’m not entirely sure why they stung so badly. I mean, it’s not like this is the first time any of the boys had spoken to me like that; and I’m sure it’s not going to be the last. So why are those words making me feel this way now, when they never have before?

My free hand found its way down and my fingers began scratching behind Dynas ears. Almost immediately, I could hear the sound of her tail thumping against the stoop beneath us, so I couldn’t help but smile a little.

I finished my cigarette rather quickly, only to light another one. I was about half-way through it when Chibs came walking outside through the door behind me.

He didn’t sit down next to me, instead he took Dyna up into his arms and held the growing pup close to him. “You alright, sweetheart?” He asked, looking down at me. Slowly, I climbed to my feet and put of the cigarette. “Yeah, I’m fine. No worries.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Look, I know what Opie said was harsh, but you just have to ignore him. He’s just stressed.” He tried again. “No, Filip, you look- I’m fine. I promise.” I smiled up to him. This time he looked me over before nodding his head as if deciding to believe me. I mean, it’s not like I was lying or anything. Apart from feeling a little bit nauseated and a bit of a bruised ego, I was perfectly fine. “Alright, Ope and I are going to head back to the club here in a bit. You gonna come with us or stay here with Tara?” He asked me, changing the subject.

I thought someone was supposed to stay with Tara in case she goes into labor or something?” I questioned, looking up at him curiously. He shrugged his shoulders ever so slightly before leaning down and putting Dyna down on the ground in between the two of us.

“We’re gonna send the Prospect over, that way someone’s with her.” He told me what he and Opie had decided to do. I thought about it for a few moments before deciding to answer him. “I’ll stay until the Prospect gets here, just in case. “ I informed him, feeling Dyna rubbing up against the side of my leg like a cat showing affection.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while, I swear I will start posting more, please just bare with me. Please