Take Me to Church

Chapter Twenty-Seven

When I was woken up the next morning, my entire body hurt. My damp hair stuck and clung to the side of my neck that was sticky with sweat; and every muscle in my body ached and moaned every time I made even the slightest movement.

Hearing the bathroom door open, I looked over and saw my favorite person walking out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist. Water droplets were rolling down his bare chest, and dripping from his shaggy hair telling me that he had just gotten out of the shower. "How long have you been awake?" I groaned, rolling over onto my side and clutching to the pillow.

"Only long enough to shower." Sitting down on the side of the bed, he placed his hand on my upper thigh, above the comforter. "Do we have to go to this thing? I just want to go back to sleep, you kept me up all night." I yawned, burying my face in the pillow I clutched to.

"I don't recall hearing you complain about that too much last night." He laughed in a slightly mocking tone.

In one swift motion, I rolled over onto my back and threw the pillow at the man sitting in front of me, while a blush crept onto my cheeks. "We've been married for how many years now, and you still get embarrassed?" He laughed at me once more.

"Oh shut up and get dressed so we can go." I rolled my eyes at him. Pulling the sheets away from my body, I jumped out of the bed and made my way over to the closet in order to get myself dressed for the day. The outfit I picked out consisted of a pair of underwear, some black jeans, and Affliction shirt with a kimono over top of it, knee high boots and my cut.

"How long til you're ready to go?" He called from the bedroom. Through the doorway, I could see that he was now sitting on the edge of the bed, completely dressed and in the process of putting some socks on his feet. Slipping the underwear over my body, I moved to stand in the doorway, leaning against the frame of the door.

"About ten minutes I think. You can go on ahead to the club if you want to. I'll be right behind you." I suggested, seeing him slipping his feet into his pair of boots.

Silently he thought it over for a few moments before nodding his head ever so slightly and standing up from where he had been sitting on the edge of the bed. Walking over to where I stood, he put his hand on my cheek before leaning down and pressing a small kiss to my lips. "Alright, I'll see you there in a little bit." He smiled down at me. God, I would never get over that smile, it is the most amazing smile. "I look forward to it." I winked at him before turning around and walking back into the bathroom to finish getting dressed.

I could hear Chibs' motorcycle roar to life in the garage as I pulled the pair of jeans onto my legs. Then as I putting my shirt on, I could hear his tires against the gravel driveway as he left.

I was able to finish getting myself dressed and ready rather quickly. Once I was finished, I gathered my things before going down into the garage and leaving to head to the club.

Upon arriving, I was able to successfully go into the club, make myself a cup of coffee and sneak into the chapel where the boys had already started the meeting.

"SAMCRO has never been in the drug business." Bobby sigh, his words immediately shocking me as I sat down on Chibs' lap. "And never will!" Piney growled out, shaking his head. "The last thing we want to do is give Alverez leverage over our business." Opie added in there rather simply.

Part of me couldn't understand how we came to be on this subject. Guns and weapons, I knew about- but drugs? This had never been the kind of thing that the club has ever been involved in. So who or what changed now?

"We've been good with the Mayans for two years now Ope." Tig pointed out to the bearded man sitting down the table from him. "Yeah, let's not forget if it wasn't for our brown alliance, Russians would have shived all of us." Jax spoke. So, what, just because of that Jax is suddenly alright with being in the drug business? Not just him, but half the boys don't even seem to be phased by this idea.

"The cartel is already committed, words been put out. Russians aren't going to touch us now." Clay stated simply. Cartel? So, now it's not just drugs, but it's getting involved with the drug lords as well. What the hell is going on here.

"They're already committed, as in you've already told them that the clubs agreed without even talking to the rest of us?" I couldn't stop myself from speaking up. how could I not speak up, this is insane!

"What about the feds? Drugs put us on the DEA's radar." Juice attempted to point out, sounding as angry as I did. At least there's one other person who wasn't too happy about any of this. I know i missed out on the club business while the boys were in jail; but I'm sure things didn't go this far. Every fiber of my being very deeply believed that this is something Clay had conjured up.

"We gotta find a new buyer." Opie stated, ignoring what both Juice and I had said. Based off of his tone, I wasn't really able to decipher how he felt about this. "It may not be much, but with the Niners and Italians, we still earn." Bobby argued. Feeling Chibs shift beneath me, I knew that he was going to be the next to voice his opinion. "The IRA have an expectation of big burden. Without the Russians, that burden lands right here with us." He growled out, pointing down at the table that we were all sitting around.

"Cartel gives a solid demand that our supply can handle. It's short term, cash out." Of course Clay would have any and every argument at hand to try to further convince us all.

"It's a god damn Cartel, it's not short term!" Piney shouted, slamming his hands down on the table top. "Thank-you." I muttered under my breath as I crossed my arms and leaned back against my husbands chest.

"I think it's worth the risk!" Jax all but choked out, his words were fairly obviously forced. Shocked, I watched as he stood up and pulled a brown bag out from under the table. Dumping the contents of the bag out onto the table, he revealed a rather large sum of money. It was when everyone laid eyes on the stacks of money that the mood of the room changed.

"Down payment for our first order." Jax said with an overly confident smirk on his face as he sat back down in his seat. Looking over my shoulder at my husband, I could see how disappointed in the boy he was. Piney, however, looked like he was going to explode. He was absolutely livid. Yet before Piney could start yelling once more, Clay began speaking.

"We should all think about this, we'll vote when the others get back." Clay was calm as he spoke. "Why bother, seems like you've already told them that we've agreed to it." I muttered, standing up as Clay dropped the gavel.

Hand in hand, Chibs and I walked over to the bar, waiting for whatever was going to happen next. I couldn't stop my mind from being over run with thoughts and questions. What's going to happen when everyone gets back? Is this cartel thing actually going to be voted in?

As always with the club, we didn't have much down time before something else went wrong. Jax and Opie had gone out on a run, only to be picked up by the Russians, who were holding them hostage in order to get their guns back. What my husband had failed to tell me, is that last night during the wedding reception, the boys had stolen a ton of guns from the Russians. So, we had to go get Jax and Opie out of trouble, now didn't we?

It was as I was climbing onto my bike that it happened. I had my helmet on my head and was about to start my bike's engine, when our entire parking lot was flooded with cop cars and even a few fire trucks.

"What the hell is going on?" I muttered, turning my head to look at Chibs where he was straddling his bike next to me. Though, he looked just as confused as I was.

Roosevelt was the first one to climb out of his car and approach us. "We have a couple of questions regarding your whereabouts last night." He had a confident tone in his voice. "You know we never left the reservation, cause you were out front directing traffic all night. Weren't you?" Clay flashed the man a cheeky smile.

Climbing off of my bike, I took a step towards my husband and watched Roosevelt carefully. He had something up his sleeve, otherwise there wouldn't be a fucking fire truck in the damn lot.

"You smell smoke?" Roosevelt smirked as well, turning on his heel and making his way towards the club. The firemen and a handful of his officers followed along behind him. Still confused, we all followed along behind him to see just what the hell he had hidden up his sleeve.

I watched in silence as he noticed the many mugshots that littered the wall in frames. Every time a member joined the club, their first arrest the mugshot that was taken and framed. It reminded me of some strange sort of initiation tradition.

"There's no brothers on your wall, what's up with that?" Roosevelt asked rather calmly, pointing to the pictures. "What's up is not having any brothers on the wall." Piney growled out, not taking his eyes off the Sheriff that was overstepping his bounds. "We got no problem with color." Clay clarified with a small chuckle. "As long as it stays out of Charming?" Roosevelt countered, obviously taking this farther than they should've been taken. "Just do whatever it is you're here to do." Clay ordered, his cocky smile fading away from his face.

Roosevelt continued to look around the club house, when he stepped towards us I clung to Chibs' arm. It was then that Roosevelt placed his hand on the wall. "This feels warm. It could be electrical." As soon as the words left his lips, a fireman stepped forward and handed him an axe. I was shocked to see him swing the axe directly for Clays mugshot. He swung at the wall a few more times before hitting and shattering the window next to the chapel doors.

"You piece of shit!" Chibs shouted, watching Roosevelt kick in the doors before walking into the room. Feeling a rage fueling up inside of me, I released my husbands arm and made a move to step towards Roosevelt.

My fingers balled into fists down by my side as he began swinging the axe at our table. I found my arm raising itself into the air, and yet before I could take a swing at the man, I was thrown over my husbands shoulder and was being carried out of the club. "Put me down! I'm going to fucking kill him!" I shouted, trying to get out of my husbands hold.

"Quiet you." He hissed, his hand coming up and smacking my ass rather harshly as he carried me outside. He sat me down on the picnic table, and made me stay there. "Why did you stop me?" I crossed my arms over my chest like a pouting child. "As much as I love seeing you all riled up and fighting, I'm not letting you go to jail for assaulting an officer. At least not today that is." He chuckled lightly, and flashed me a quick smile before leaning forward and pressing a kiss to my cheek.

Suddenly, everyone that had been inside the club joined us standing outside.

"Alright, fire chief found nine code violations, which you have thirty days to get fixed. Good thing it wasn't a fire huh? I'm willing to work with you Clay, figure out the boundaries to keep us both happy. But you pushed me to this and I strongly suggest you don't do it again." Roosevelt spoke to Clay as if he hadn't just destroyed our club house.

Only once they had left did Chibs move away from where he was standing in front of me, and allow me to get off of the picnic table. Clay was quick to rip up the page of code violations that Roosevelt had handed him. Then everyone snapped back to what had been happening before Roosevelt decided to whip his dick out once again.

"I think I'll stay here." I decided, running my hand down Chibs' arm. His head whipped around and he quickly looked at me. "You're sure you don't want to go?" He almost sounded out of breath. "Yeah, I'm sure. I've had enough excitement for one day I think. I'll just stay here and help Gemma clean up." I kissed his cheek and flashed him a smile. He seemingly hesitated for a few seconds before nodding his head and walking away with everyone else.

Once they were out of my sight, off the lot, did I ever so slowly turn around and make my way inside.

Gemma was already there, kicking around the pieces of rubble as if she were waiting, knowing that I would stay to help. "Look at this mess." She scoffed, kicking a pile of wood that used to be a door.

Bending over, I picked up the shattered frame that held my husbands mugshot. "How can he get away with this?" I scoffed, running my fingers over the picture. Chibs had been so much younger when this picture had been taken. "They're cops, they can do whatever the hell they want." Gemma groaned loudly, pushing piles of wood into small piles.

"That's bullshit." I shouted. Not thinking, I slammed my hand down on the table in front of me, only for my palm to land on a large shard of glass. "Shit." I cursed as blood immediately began dripping from my hand in a large stream.

Gemma was quick to find a towel and come running over to my side. "Of course you would be the one to hurt yourself." She laughed softly, applying pressure to the wound on my hand. "What do you mean by that?" I gasped at the slight stinging sensation.

"I mean you're clumsy. You have a tendency to get hurt during simple tasks." She explain.

The cut itself was rather deep, but not deep enough to warrant needing stitches. So, Gemma and I cleaned it the best I could and by time we found some gauze and medical tape in the mess that was the club, the boys came walking back into the building.

Seeing that something that happened, Chibs came rushing over and made sure that I was alright.

"I'm fine, I promise. It's just a little cut." I flashed him a smile as he took my hand in his own. His fingers ran across the edge of my hand before taking the bandages from Gemma and wrapping them around my hand himself. "What did you hurt yourself on this time?" He chuckled ever so slightly during the process.

"Your mugshot, ironically enough." I scoffed.

Looking around, I saw everyone taking in the damage that had been done. It was a horrible sight, I couldn't believe this happened. Sighing, I leaned against Chibs' frame once he finished wrapping up my hand. It was obvious to all of us that this is our first of many problems with Roosevelt.

Deep in the pit of my stomach, I sensed that there was war coming to Charming.
♠ ♠ ♠
TOld you guys I was back! i promise that I"m going to keep updating now that things are slowing down at work, I'm pretty much just getting paid to sit and do nothing. So I will keep something posted for you all to read!!!!