Take Me to Church

Chapter Twenty-Eight

When I woke up the next day, I let Chibs sleep in a little bit more while I went ahead and got dressed. My outfit consisted of ripped up blue jeans, a plaid tube ton, a pair of heels, and my cut. I pulled my hair over my shoulder and put it into a loose braid; and kept my make-up rather simple.

We were going to have a long day over at the warehouse, and I knew that Chibs needed as much rest as he could get. That's why I wasn't planning on waking him up until I had made a pot of coffee.

As the coffee was brewing, I ate a pop-tart as I thought over things that happened yesterday. Some how, everything that happened with Roosevelt trashing the club, lead to drugs being voted into the club. That, along with Jax and Opie having been taken by the Russians- it made us seem weak. So some people decided it would be better if we had the cartel backing us.

Grabbing the coffee I had made for Chibs, I made my way back upstairs. Only to find him awake and completely dressed. Though he was looking kind of green.

"Are you feeling alright?" I asked, stepping ever closer to him. "I'm alright, just an upset stomach." He waved it off. Though I knew judging by the look on his face that it was more than just an upset stomach. "If you say so, we should probably get going." I said with a sigh, knowing that arguing this early in the morning would get us no where. At least no where good. Neither of us need the stress right now.

By lunch time, it was obvious to not only me but the rest of the guys that Chibs was not at his best today. You could tell just by the look on his face that he was feeling sick. "What's wrong with him do you think?" Juice asked as Chibs stumbled his way into the bathroom. "I have a feeling it's all that fast food you guys shoved down his throat last night." I rolled my eyes.

"And yet none of us are sick." Tig challenged my statement. "Maybe because none of you ate nearly as much as he did of that disgusting stuff." I scoffed. They challenged Chibs to eat as much as he could before puking...well I'll say one thing for my husband. He knew how to hold his own. At least until the next day when it was all attacking his stomach at once. Then there was no way that he would be able to hold it down.

"Says the girl who didn't eat any, and instead sipped on chicken broth all night. How would you know if it were disgusting or not?" Tig continued to argue with me. "Because I care about myself too much to let something like that into my body. It is a temple and I treat it as such." I spoke, handing Opie the drill he was just barely too far away from to reach. "Yeah, a temple that Chibs goes to every night; and the praying definitely isn't all that subtle. 'Oh God!, mmmmm oh god!' You can hear it through the wall every time." Happy chuckled from a few feet away from me.

Picking up a discarded piece of wood off of the table, I threw it in his direction harshly. Juice ducked out of the way last minute to insure not getting hit by accident. The slab of wood slammed into Happy's shoulder, causing his body to lurch backwards and his eyes landed on me with an evil glare. "Says the pervert who probably gets off to hearing us go at it." I snapped.

Happy opened his mouth to say something in return, but instead I heard Opie talking. "Kaela's right, that food messed up my stomach too." He quickly changed the subject before Happy and I could get into an all out brawl.Turning my head once more, I looked at Tig and stuck my tongue out. The boys continued working on building the crates, refusing to let me help with the hard labor, as Jax and Clay came walking into the room.

"Look at all my happy little Elves." Clay smirked, looking at everyone hard at work. "Chibs got the specs from the Irish." Bobby said, working without any other care in the world. "Where is he?" Jax asked. Not seeing him anywhere in the room, the blonde male's gaze turned to land on me. "Bathroom, working shit out." Tig was the one to inform them.

"Literally, all that processed food?" Juice laughed ever so slightly. Obviously agreeing with my side of the argument that had been waging only moments ago. Hearing a low groan, we all looked over to see Chibs come walking into the room. You could tell how shitty he felt- no pun intended. His usually slicked back hair was down around his face, and his pale skin was covered in a thin layer of sweat.

"Shit, you alright man?" Jax asked, watching as the Scotsman leaned back against the wall. "No, something didn't settle right. Cheap Mexican food." Chibs immediately shook his head. "Yeah, and chasing twenty five burritos with Jack and James probably didn't help." Bobby spoke, still not looking up from his work. I had to force myself not to laugh- at least I couldn't laugh out loud. Turning, Chibs glared at the bushy hairs man for his comment. Though if Bobby wouldn't have said anything, then I would have.

"Juicey, you're going to hook me up right?" He asked the young male who was across the room. "Green tea and mint colonic? A little herbal fusion-" Juice seemed almost passionate but was quickly cut off.

"Stop, stop, stop, stop." Tig ordered him, shaking his head.

"Before we clear anyone's passages, let's get these crates finished. Bobby you're with me, Wahewa." Clay ordered, clapping his hands together. "Why do you need me?" Bobby asked, finally looking up from the work and looked rather confused. "Because I miss you, man." Clay was obviously being sarcastic not wanting to state his true plans. "You want me with?" Tig asked, stepping forward. He looked like a little lost puppy as he looked at Clay.

"No, we're good. Stay available, may need somebody to haul ammo." With that, Clay turned and walked away. Bobby was obviously not happy. He threw down what he had been working on before stalking off after Clay. Tig, however, no longer looked like a lost puppy dog. No, now he actually looked like a puppy that someone had just stepped on. He was frozen in his spot, and obviously upset that Clay didn't want him around as much anymore.

Shaking his head, Jax shrugged off his cut and took Bobby's place putting crates together. Groaning, Chibs stepped over to where I was sitting on top of one of the work tables, and rested his head against my shoulder. I brought my hand up to rest on the back of his neck, and my fingers played with his hair.

"If you're really feeling this bad, you should've told me this morning." I mumbled, angling my head awkwardly so I could see his face. "If I said anything you would've made me stay in bed all day." He muttered, sounding childish before kissing my shoulder lightly. "You're right, I would've because you need to be resting! Why don't we go home so you can lay down, hmm? Jax, would you mind if we left?" I hummed, looking to the blonde who was now only a few steps away from us. "If you can get him to go, then by all means go ahead." Jax encouraged with a laugh and a smile.

Chibs rolled his head so he was laying sideways on my shoulder, and looking up at me. "What do you say sweet heart?" I asked, reaching up and pushing his bangs out from in front of his eyes. He seemed to think it over for a few moments before shaking his head. "No, I'm not leaving." He snarled. Feeling a bit bummed, a thought quickly popped into my head. "Fine, how about I make you a deal? You go with Juice and if you don't feel better after that then we're going home. You're going to lay in bed and let me take care of you." I bargained.

Slowly, his eyes looked over my face with thoughtfulness in his eyes. "Fine, if I don't feel better after, then we'll go home." Chibs agreed.

Hearing his phone ring, Jax walked out of the room in order to take the phone called. So, I turned my attention to Juice. "So, get going you two." I ordered, tossing Juice his cut. The two boys were quick to do as I had told them. Chibs kissed my cheek softly before leaving with Juice. As they left together, Jax came back into the looking distressed.

"What's going on?" Opie asked upon seeing his best friend. "That was Miles- there's been a hiccup with the guns." Jax breathed. Picking up his cut he quickly pulled it back on over his shoulders.

"Should I call Clay?" Tig asked, sounding almost hopeful. "No, him and Bobby need some quality time." Jax stated rather simply. Opie was quick to grab his and pull it on before moving to follow Jax. Tig move to go as well, but Jax turned around to stop him. "Stay here, get the Prospects to finish the crates." He ordered.

"I'm coming with, man." Tig shook his head, insisting as he reached for his cut. "No, Clay wants you to stay here." Jax tried again. "No, I'm not going to be his little ammo bitch. I'm not doing it man, if there's a problem with those guns, I should be there." Tig insisted once more, pulling his cut onto his shoulders now. Then, pausing, they all turned to look at me with wide eyes. As if asking if I were staying here or going with them.

"Don't worry, I'll get the Prospects to help finish the crates. I may be a girl, but I am useful and do know what it's like doing hard labor." I laughed, jumping down from my spot on the work table. Hesitantly, the boys all nodded their heads before walking away. Clapping my hands together loudly, I gained the attention of both Phil and Rat. They looked at me with wide eyes as I approached the all but abandoned table where the last few crates were just waiting to be finished.

"If we do this right, we'll be finished in about an hour. We have a long ride to Arizona tomorrow, so let's hurry the fuck up and get this done." I laughed picking up a drill.

The prints for how the crates were to be made were still sitting on the table in front of me. I eyed them for a few moments before swiftly getting to work doing everything that had yet to be done on this crate. Phil was working at the other end of the table on another crate, while Rat was using the table I had once been sitting on to work on the third crate.

The boys had all been working together doing one crate at a time, but I found that things went by much faster by working individually. I finished my crate rather quickly before turning around to help Rat. I chose him to help rather than Phil because Phil seemed more confident in what he was doing than Rat did. Rats movements were shaky, and he had a few problems with the drill. If I didn't help him then he would've just been stripping the screws.

As expected, it only took about an hour and a half to finish everything up. Hearing my phone ring from the pocket on my cut, I set Rat and Phil to loading the crates up into the truck as I moved to answer the phone call.

"Hello?" I breathed, pushing my hair away from my face. "How's everything back at the warehouse?" My husband's voice floated through the receiver. He sounded a million times better than he had while he was here- so I'm guessing whatever he got made him feel better. I just didn't want to know the details. My stomach could live without that. "Things are fine. Phil, Rat, and I just finished the crates. They're loading them up now and we're about to head back to the club." I shrugged my shoulders even though I knew he wasn't able to see it.

Suddenly, I could hear something happening in the background before I heard Chibs curse and said that he would call me back later. Not too worried about it, I shoved my phone back down into my pocket and grabbed the pack of cigarettes that also took up residence there. Phil and Rat loaded up the last crate as I lit up a cigarette, so once more I clapped my hands together.

"Alright boys lets get the fuck out of here!" I shouted, walking out of the warehouse towards my bike. I wanted nothing more than to go home, see my husband, and get a good nights sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kaela

So I'm only going to be updating this one once tonight cause I don't think y'all are really expecting this update. But I'm also going to give those of you who actually read the authors note a promise that I am aiming to update this story twice, MAYBE three times tomorrow. So! Keep an eye out for it, because it will be here!!