Take Me to Church

Chapter Thirty-Two

Waking up the next morning, my body was incredibly sore all over. I wanted nothing more than to shower, crawl back into bed, and just sleep forever; but unfortunately I knew that wasn't possible. So instead, I climbed out of the bed and got myself dressed for the day.

I pulled on a pair of ripped up jeans, a black wife beater, a black and red plaid top, a pair of boots, and my cut.

After I was fully dressed, I made my way out of the apartment and made my way into the bar where everyone was crowded around. Well, not everyone. Clay, Jax, Tig, and Bobby all left earlier to go on a run. Dyna came padding over to where I was standing, and shoved her nose up into the palm of my hand. I spotted Chibs standing at the bar with Opie, who was on the phone. "What's going on?" I called out, walking over to them.

Once I was within arms length, Chibs immediately reached out and pulled me into his side. A look of worry coating his features.

"Someone put a death threat in Tara's car. We're going to get her and the kids, bring them back here. I want you to stay here just in case something goes wrong." he ordered, kissing the top of my head. I found myself standing there speechless as the two men walked out of the club. I knew, as soon as we got into bed with the cartel that something like this was going to happen.

Once they were gone, I made my way into the kitchen and fixed myself some coffee. I already could tell that today was going to going to be a long, stressful day.

I had just filling my coffee cup, when my phone began ringing loudly from my pocket. So I was quick to reach down and get it. "Hello?" I cleared my throat before taking a sip of the hot coffee in my cup. "Kaela? Shit, listen up. Go in the chapel, clear off the table, and move the chairs against the wall. We'll be there in like five minutes, so do it now." Tig spoke quickly before hanging up on me.

I barely even had time to register what was happening. Taking another sip of my coffee, I rushed out of the kitchen and went into the chapel. The table had a few papers on it, so I stacked them all together neatly before setting them in Clay's chair and moving them all up against the wall like Tig had requested.

"What the hell are you doing, lass?" Chibs asked, spotting me in the chapel as he came walking back into the club. behind him was Tara, the boys, and Opie. Tara definitely looked like she had been having a pretty rough morning. Before I could say anything, the main door to the club burst open and Tig and Jax carried in an injured Alvarez- I could see the blood pooling out of a hole on his leg. "Shit, Tara!" Chibs cursed, calling after the woman.

The two of us followed everyone into the chapel, trying to figure out what all was happening. "You got a lighter?" Chibs questioned, reaching his fingers down into my pockets searching for one. Upon finding what he wanted, he pulled it out and used it to light a joint. "Here, this will help." He immediately handed the joint over to the injured man.

I stood off to the side, watching as Tara and Chibs helped one another attempt to dislodge the bullet from Alvarez's shoulder. Nervous, Tara's hands shook ever so slightly. I watched her ever so carefully, knowing she wanted to leave the club; it made me worry. How many club secrets had Jax told her?

It was while I was watching Tara that something happened. I was just too focused on the girl to realize what was happening around me. "You coming, love?" Chibs' voice snapped me out of my dazed stare. "No, no you go ahead. I'll see you later." I smiled softly up at him. "Alright. Stay here, don't you dare go anywhere!" He ordered, giving me a small kiss before leaving with the rest of the boys to do whatever it was that needed to be done.

Tara continued her work on Alvarez, having just pulled the bullet out of his shoulder. I sat back, thinking we might just get a few minutes of peace- but we all know that could never really happen.

Chuckie came running into the room, looking pale and out of breath. "Sheriff's outside, he's looking for Tara." The finger-less man squeaked out. Tara looked shocked and obviously didn't know what to do as her eyes flashed over to me. "You go ahead and deal with it, I can finish here. I can do the stitches no problem." Standing from my seat, I moved to put on a pair of gloves.

She seemed hesitant at first, but left me to take over her work.

I took her place standing over Alvarez, next to the table. He looked ever so fragile laying on our table in this situation. Too bad our clubs were in a truce, or else this would be the perfect way to rid ourselves of the Mayan president.

"Bet you weren't expecting to do this when you rolled out of bed this morning." Alvarez tried to joke as I started the first of his stitches. "Of course I wasn't. I just wish we were all able to avoid things like this, you know? Sorry." I apologized upon seeing him flinch ever so slightly. "What do you mean?" He questioned, his eyes following my every movement.

I sighed. "I don't like when people get hurt, and as soon as the cartel was even mentioned, I knew a lot of bad things would happen, and a lot of people would get hurt. It makes me wish I had listened to my mother. I worry about if I were to bring a baby into this miss. I mean, I'm not just some Old Lady, I'm a patched member. These guys are my family, and I love them to death. There's no way I could just walk away from them- ever." I explained with a sigh.

By the time I finished talking, I had also finished his stitches. Alvarez simply stared up at me in silence as I placed a sterile bandage over the wound. "You're a strong woman Kaela. I have no doubt you'll make a wonderful mother some day." He flashed me a quick smile.

Upon hearing his words, I couldn't stop myself from allowing my hand to come down and rest on top of my stomach. Just the thought of it happening some day filled my stomach with butterflies. Thankfully, the dark material of my shirt hid the bright red hand print from sight.

Realizing this, I cleared my throat before pulling the gloves off of my hands. "Take care of that shoulder, Marcus. Don't strain yourself too badly." I ordered before walking out of the chapel- leaving him laying there alone. Immediately, Gemma came walking over with a sleeping looking Thomas in her arms, and Abel standing next to her.

"Kaela, can you take the boys and lay them down for a nap? I've got to go talk to Unser about all this note business." Gemma was breathing kind of heavily. Reaching out, I took Thomas out of her arm. "You go ahead, I'll go lay down with the boys. I could definitely use a little nap myself." I chuckled ever so slightly.

"Come on boys." I said softly, before walking down the hallway. Thomas was asleep in my arms, so I simply got him situated on the bed. Abel lay in the middle of the bed, next to his younger brother- so I lay down on the other side of Abel and stretched my arm across so it was over Abel and my hand was on Thomas' back. Finally, Dyna jumped up and made herself comfortable laying at the bottom foot of the bed. It didn't take long at all for me to drift off into sleep.

The next thing I knew, I was being woken up. My body stretched out across the bed, only for me to jump at the realization that the boys were nowhere to be seen. "Shit. Thomas, Abel!" I gasped, rushing to get up when I saw Chibs standing there.

"They're fine, love. Tara took 'em home a few minutes ago. You slept the day away." He smirked ever so slightly as he looked down at me, his arms crossed over his chest playfully.

"Did I? I really didn't mean to." I said, my mouth stretching out into a unwelcome yawn. Filip chuckled as he offered his hand out to me. Taking his hand, I allowed him to pull me up off of the bed, and into his arms- my most favorite place in the world.

Hand in hand, Chibs and I walked out of the apartment together with plans of going home when we walked into Opie and Tig. "Old man's not answering his phone, I'm going to head up to the cabin to check on him." Opie spoke, looking towards me. "I'm trying to get ahold of Juice, but he won't answer; and he never showed up at the warehouse." Tig was out of breath as he spoke. Chibs looked down at me as if searching for approval, so I nodded my head. "Alright, lets head out and see what's going on." Chibs commanded.

Heading towards the warehouse, we stopped about halfway up the long dirt road upon spotting the tow truck parked there. Juice had been driving it ever since his leg was injured and he couldn't ride.

"Where the hell is he?" Tig questioned, putting his helmet on the seat of his bike. Chibs and I both did the same before looking around. Chibs began to whistle and shout loudly. "Juice! Juicey-boy!" It was like he was looking for a lost dog or something. "Where could he have gone?" I questioned the men. "There, look." Tig pointed behind me.

Turning, I spotted Juice walking out of the darkened woods. He looked like he was out of breath "What the hell are you doing out here?" Tig was the one to ask. "I was pissing." Juice shrugged. Maybe it was from being out of breath, but to me it seemed like he reacted way too quickly. Reaching out, Chibs grabbed the collar of Juice's cut. "What's all this shit? You take a spill or something?" Chibs questioned him. There was dirt all over him, front and back, like he'd been rolling around in the dirt.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing to the marks on his neck. "Oswald man, he's got those stupid security chains up all over these back roads." Juice shrugged his shoulders. "You clothes lined one?" Tig laughed loudly, obviously and openly mocking the boy.

From there, we headed back to the club for an emergency vote. Bobby had decided to challenge Bobby for leadership.