Take Me to Church

Chapter Thirty-Three

By time we got back to the club, the vote had been pushed back until tomorrow morning. So Chibs and I stayed at the apartment for the night. I woke up before Chibs, and made my way outside to smoke in the warmth of the sunlight. My outfit for the day was rather simple and raggedy. A pair of jeans, a short-sleeved grey shirt that was covered in white bleach stains, and my cut.

I was still outside when Piney pulled onto the lot on his bike. "Piney wasn't about to proxy this vote." Jax mumbled, looking over to Opie. Neither of the two men had even noticed me standing behind them. If they had, they hadn't acknowledged my presence. "He wanted a front row seat." Opie scoffed lightly. "You talk to him yet?" Jax questioned his friend and brother. "No. What happens if Bobby takes this vote?" Opie was quick to change the subject.

Before I could hear Jax's response, Chibs stepped out of the club behind me and put his arm around my shoulders. "Come on, time to do this." He announced, handing a cup of coffee over to me. I took the cup before silently following him inside.

We all gathered in the chapel, and as always I found myself sitting on my husbands lap. My fingers gripping the coffee cup so tightly I thought that the ceramic mug was going to shatter.

"Alright. There's a challenge on the table. New President. I don't think we need a nomination- you want the chair." Clay seemed so calm as he looked at Bobby. "I ain't got no choice." Bobby sighed, shaking his head. "Okay, yay or nay, Bobby taking the gavel. Nay." Clay let out a deep breath he had been holding in.

The vote went to Tig. He thought it over for a few seconds before casting his vote. "Nay." Of course he was going to side with Clay. Then the vote came to me, and I was absolutely scared shitless to say what I really thought. "Y-" But before I could say the word, bullets came flying into the room. The cup of coffee in front of me shattered, hot liquid dripping off of the table and into my lap. A sudden stinging sensation bit through my arm. A cry of pain left my lips as Chibs pushed me down onto the ground and hovered over me briefly.

"Stay down!" He ordered before running out of the room with everyone else. Bullets continued to fly as I tried to pick myself up off of the ground. When the storm of bullets stopped, I could hear everyone talking outside, so that's where I headed. "Was anyone hit?" Clay's voice was the first that I heard.

My eyes found Chibs and my heart stopped in my chest. The front of his shirt was covered in blood, had he been hit? "Kaela!" He shouted upon seeing me. Running over, he pulled me into his arms. "There's blood on your shirt. Where you hit?" I whispered, pushing back and looking him over. He shook his head, laughing ever so slightly before grabbing hold of my arm. Once more the bite of pain shot through my arm, causing me to look down. "Your blood, lass. Looks like a through and through, it'll stitch up easy." he said with a sigh.

Gemma came walking out of the club with a small dish towel in her hand. "I called Tara, she's on her way. Cops will be here soon, come into the office with me." Gemma spoke softly, handing the towel over to me. Chibs wrapped the towel tightly around my arm before kissing my lips and walking away. Gemma and I walked over to the office and made ourselves comfortable.

Tara had arrived only seconds before the cops arrived. "Christ." She gasped upon seeing the blood-stained towel wrapped around my arm. "Sorry, Tara, I know you hate this shit." I winced as she pulled the towel away from my arm. "Don't worry, this wasn't your fault, I'm not upset with you." She mumbled, getting to work on patching up my arm. "Still, I know you hate this shit. It's the second time in less than twenty four hours that you've had to patch up a gun shot wound." I winced once more as the needle pierced my skin.

"Oh, stop that you big baby." Tara mocked me ever so slightly.

"You know I can't stand needles!" I continued to pout as she continued to work. Whatever she had injected me with was definitely working, because after a few more moments I couldn't feel anything she was doing. Lucky me. "You two sound like children." Gemma scoffed in our direction.

"Can you blame us? I mean we do spend a majority of our time around the boys." I laughed in the older woman's direction. My comment made the other two women laugh as well. Of course if any of the boys had actually heard my comment, they probably would've been pissed. Though, it would only prove my point that they are all in fact giant man-children.

"Don't worry. The doc will have you all patched up in time to go to the garden fundraiser." Gemma smiled, patting me on the shoulder. "Yeahhhh, about that. I don't think I'm going to go. Could you just drop me at home instead?" I smiled weakly. Gemma didn't seem to happy about this, but instead of voicing her unhappiness, she simply smiled and ran her hand over my hair. "Yes. I'll take you home, I know it's been a rough day for you baby." She smiled down at me.

"And yet I still have to go?" Tara scoffed, pulling the gloves off of her hands. "You weren't the one who got shot today, were you?" Gemma's voice was suddenly harsh. "I mean, we could arrange for that to happen." I mumbled playfully. Tara glared at the two of us for only a brief moments before storming out of the office.

"Should I not have asked for you to take me home?" I questioned, watching as Gemma moved to look out the window. "No, she's just upset because the hospital won't let her work until all this death threat stuff gets straightened out." Gemma explained. I hadn't really considered how that note was going to effect her daily life. We only ever considered how much the police interference was going to mess with the club.

"Come on, baby. Let's go check on my chili, and then we'll get you home." Gemma smiled, opening the door for us. Still seeing a few cop cars outside, I grabbed one of the random work shirts off of the wall and pulled it on over my shirt. The sleeves were the perfect length to cover the large bandage that was covering the wound on my arm.

Tara joined us in the kitchen, along with Chuckie. He seemed more nervous than normal. "I think I may have gone overboard with the spices." Chuckie smile sheepishly, nodding his head towards the pot. "You think? Take it up to the warehouse, I think Happy likes it that hot." Gemma was quick to order Chuckie.

So since her Chili had been messed up, Gemma didn't have anything to take to the fundraiser. The three of us, and Dyna piled into Gemma's car and pulled away from the compound. Thankfully, they dropped me off at home instead of forcing me to go to the fundraiser with them.

Instead, I got to sit at home until my husband returned from whatever run he and the boys had all gone on. Sitting on the couch, I began to worry tat my husband might end up hurt doing whatever it is they were doing. The more I worried, the more I began to regret not going with Gemma and Tara to the fundraiser. That would've been better than just sitting here doing nothing. Hell anything would be.

"Come on, Dyna, why don't we go lay down upstairs?" I suggested, pushing myself up onto my feet. Dyna was quick jump to her feet as well and followed me up the stairs. When I made it into my bedroom, Dyna jumped up onto the end of the bed while I kicked off my shoes and began pulling off my pants. Once I was comfortable in just my shirt, I climbed under the covers and made myself comfortable. Only once I stopped moving did Dyna move to where she was laying next to me, and I lay my hand on the top of her head between her ears.

Before I knew it, Chibs came walking into the room with a rather sour look on his face. My eyes briefly shot over to the clock; I hadn't realized how quickly it had gotten so late.

"Are you alright?" I questioned, sitting up on the bed. My sudden movements caused Dyna to shift next to me. Chibs sat down on the edge of the bed with his back facing me, and began kicking his shoes off. "Physically, yes I'm fine. Mentally, no I'm not." His voice was barely a whisper. Moving closer to him, I placed my hands on his shoulders, and helped him pull his cut off of his shoulders.

"Talk to me, sweetheart. Tell me what happened." I urged him, resting my chin against his shoulder. Worry once more plagued my mind as endless possibilities of could've happened ran through my mind. "You know you can tell me anything." I urged him again. I could feel his shoulders rise as she sucked in a deep breath, whatever happened was obviously getting to him.

"Juice tried to kill himself." He admitted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm gonna try and update more and more. I'm gonna do my best not to let work get in the way!!!