Take Me to Church

Chapter Four

I came to find that my days spent in the hospital passed by rather quickly. A majority of my time was spent sitting in the recliner, spinning my engagement ring around my finger- the only time I would leave Chibs' side was when I needed to go to the bathroom.

One of the nurses had brought me a pillow and a few blankets to try and make me a bit more comfortable sitting in the recliner.

Unfortunately, Chibs hadn't fully woken up yet. He had a few moments where his eyes would open briefly before he would fall back asleep soon after. Between a mix of exhaustion and the medicine they had him on, of course it was going to take a while for him to really wake up.

Seeing the door open from the corner of my eye, my body perked up trying to see who was coming in. A darker skinned woman with a white shirt and scarf around her neck came walking into the room. I was slightly confused to see her standing there. "What are you doing here, Fiona?" I questioned, moving the blanket away from my lap before standing up. Though, I didn't dare let go of Chibs' hand in the process.

"I heard what happened, and wanted to come check on him." She looked me over as she came closer to the bed, "Who are you?" She growled out, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm his wife." I snapped, my grip on Chibs' hand tightened. Fiona looked shocked as she took in my appearance. "I wasn't aware that he remarried." She gasped out, almost sounding hurt. "No, you wouldn't be, because that's the way he wanted it to be." I was going to continue with my rant, until I heard a small noise coming from Chibs.

Looking down, I saw his eyes were open and he was looking up at me with a smile on his face. When he caught sight of Fiona, his smile faded and turned into a look of confusion.

"Fi. What are you doing here?" He mumbled, sounding half asleep and like he was out of breath.

Fiona was quick to step forward and grab his other hand. I immediately felt anger fire up inside me at the sight of her toughing him. It didn't exactly sit right with me. "Heard what happened, so I came to check on you. How do you feel?" She asked with a smile on his face.

Even I scoffed at the sound of her question, I mean he just got hit by the blast of a fucking explosion, how's he supposed to feel?

"Like I got blown up, how else?" Chibs scoffed. Fiona let his remark roll off of her shoulders. Then, she leaned down as if to kiss him- only to be stopped not only the sound of me clearing my throat, but someone else as well. Whipping my head around, I saw Gemma and Tara standing in the doorway. "Uh, ICU's for immediate family only." Tara pointed out awkwardly. "She is family, or at least she used to be." Gemma said with a sigh.

Tara looked around, confused and searching for answers. "Tara, this is Fiona. She's Chibs' ex-wife." I sighed, my eyes narrowing down into a glare the more I looked at Fiona. "Then you can't be here. I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Tara was now glaring at the woman as well.

It was now Fiona's turn to scoff under her breath as she walked past us. Tara and Gemma followed her out of the room, leaving me alone with my husband once again.

Slowly, I sat back down in the recliner and looked him over. He had dozed off once more. This time you could tell he had fallen asleep on his own instead of having been put to sleep by the drugs they were pumping him full of. I know he needs as much rest as he can get right now; but I couldn't help than to want nothing more than for him to wake up.

I was getting tired of having to watch him confined in a hospital bed every day, it was down right depressing.

When he did wake up again, only about thirty minutes had passed. When I saw his eyes open, I was quick to lean in closer to him. "Hey baby." I whispered, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand. "How long was I out?" He cough, trying to clear his throat. He hadn't really spoken in days, so I was quick to hand him a small cup of cool water.

He sipped on it gratefully.

"You were only out for about thirty minutes; but altogether you've been in and out for about two days. You should be able to go home soon as long as your tests come back good." I explained, taking the now empty cup away from his and setting it off to the side.

Chibs nodded his head but before he could say anything, Jax and the Prospect stepped into the small room. "Can we have a minute with him, Kaela?" Jax asked, looking me over.

The Prospect was standing rather awkwardly around him. "I-I don't know if that's a good idea. The doctor didn't want anyone in here if I wasn't here." I shook my head slowly. I knew they had club business to talk about, I knew that I wasn't part of the club so I had no business knowing what was going on; but that didn't mean I have to be happy about it. Chibs gave my hand a squeeze, causing me to quickly look down at him. "Go on, love. Please. It won't be long, and you can come back afterwards." He smiled reassuringly.

With a sad sigh, I gave in and nodded my head in agreement. I gave his hand another small squeeze as I leaned over and gave him a small kiss.

Outside, I saw that I wasn't the only one being excluded from this conversation. Both Bobby and Tig were leaning against the wall with their hands were shoved down into their pockets. "Must be important if all of you are here." I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest as I leaned against the wall next to them.

I knew that I wasn't going to get anything out of them so I didn't even bother trying. It's club business and I'm just not part of the club. So, we all stood there until Jax and the Prospect came walking back out of the room.

So, when I went back into the room, I sat back down in the recliner next to the bed. Though, Chibs was quick to reach out and grab my hand as he shook his head. "Climb up here, darling. Lay with me for a bit." He smiled over to me. Oh, that cheesy smile of his, how I love it.

That was the smile that made butterflies erupt in my stomach, and made my insides melt all at once.

"I-I don't know, is that a good idea? I mean, I don't want to hurt you or anything by hitting your IV." I mumbled, fumbling my hands together trying to keep myself from jumping at the chance to lay next to him. "You won't hurt me, so get up here." He ordered with a smile.

Slowly, I did as I was told to do and crawled up into the bed next to him. I made sure not to hit any of the tubes that were connected to him, so I wouldn't hurt him.

Though, once I felt his arms around me a large smile appeared on my face. "I missed this so much." I sighed, curling up into his side. "I know, love. I missed it too." He said with a sigh. His fingers began to trail up and down my arm slowly, causing me to look up at him. "How could you miss it, you were in a medically induced coma the whole time." I chuckled lightly.

Looking down at me, he laughed softly as he kissed the top of my head. "I may not have been awake, but my body knows when you haven't been laying next to me." He informed me very simply. I couldn't help but laugh slightly at his words as I cuddled even closer to him. "I love you, Filip." I smiled, sitting up slightly so that I could kiss him. "I love you too, Kaela." He returned my smile before pulling me down for another kiss.

God, I was just so happy he was awake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another one for you.