Take Me to Church

Chapter Five

Thankfully, we weren't stuck there for too much longer. Gemma brought us both a clean change of clothes; and the boys were coming to pick us up. Or, well, they were coming to get Chibs. I didn't need a ride since my car was still parked out front.

The clothes Gemma had brought me consisted of black skinny jeans. A tight, black tank top in which the material was so thin that you'd probably be able to see my bra through it if it weren't also made of black fabric. A white poncho-type cover. A pair of cloth, knee-high boots. I also put a black bandanna on top of my head to keep my hair out of my face. Plus, Gemma had been nice enough to bring me my coffee cup, and the nurses had been nice enough to bring me coffee whenever I ran out.

I was pulling my poncho over my head, when I heard Chibs start talking. The nurse had just left the room after removing his last IV. Turning around, I saw him sitting up on the bed and stretching his body out with a happy smile plastered on his face.

"I'm so happy to go home, and finally have all those needles out of my arms." He chuckled as he changed the hospital gown for actual clothes. His outfit was a simple pair of black jeans, a black wife beater, his boots, and his cut. "Trust me, dear, you're not the only one." I smiled, stepping closer to him. As I did, he was quick to reach out and grab my hand.

"Thank-you for being here. I know you don't like hospitals, especially since the accident." There was a sad tone in his voice as he looked down at me. I flashed him a slow smile. "I wasn't going to leave you here alone. I may not like hospitals, but I love you. I was so scared that I was going to lose you." I mumbled, looking into his eyes. He seemed to immediately understand the exact way that I was feeling in this moment.

"I'm not going anywhere, lass. You're stuck with me." I felt his lips press against the top of my head, it made me feel safe. Even though I knew there was a war going on outside these very walls. Being here with him, made me feel safe.

It was then that the door opened, and the Prospect walked in pushing a wheelchair in front of him. With a sigh, Chibs sat down in the chair and allowed the Prospect to push him out of the room and down the hallway. I walked along behind them, and Tara was quick to join me. Neither of us spoke as we walked together, it was a welcomed silence.

"I'm free!" Hearing Chibs yelling, I was quick to look further down the hall to see Jax and Bobby standing there waiting for us. "There's clearly been brain damage." Bobby joked, patting Chibs on the back. "You wish." Chibs scoffed, turning to look at Jax. "I'm pretty sure he was this stupid before he got here." Jax laughed, hugging the older man.

Tara stopped walking with us in order to talk to Jax for a few moments, while the rest of us made our way outside. Once we made our way out the door, I rushed over to walk next to my husband and put my arm around his waist.

"You're sure you don't want to ride with me? I have to swing by the house to start some laundry before going to the club." I suggested with a slight sigh as we walked. "No, darling, I should really get back to the club and get caught up on things. I'll see you in a bit, alright?" He was quick to answer me. There was a smile on his face and a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

I gave him a small kiss before walking away and going to my car. I waved to them as I pulled out of the lot and began the drive home. I continued to drink my coffee as I drove, so the five minute drive went by fairly quickly.

The drive, starting a load of laundry in both the washer and the dryer, and smoking half a cigarette- it all went by in the blink of an eye. Once I was finished with what I had to do at the house, I was quick to climb back into my car and make my way back to the club, where my husband was to be waiting.

When I pulled into the lot, I saw his bike parked among the others; but the van that he had rode back to the club in was nowhere in sight. So, thinking that they just hadn't gotten back yet, I made my way into the office to talk to Gemma. "Hey, Gem, do you know where Chibs is?" I hummed, leaning against the door frame. Looking at me, Gemma took her glasses off and set them down on the desk before standing up and stepping towards me. "Actually, I think he took off in the van a little bit ago." As she spoke, she crossed her arms over her chest. "What, you mean alone?" I gasped out, my body filling with worry.

Gemma said nothing, and instead just gave me a look as if saying 'duh'. I was quick to storm out of the office and out to the lot where I saw Clay, Opie and the Prospect all standing together. My focus was solely on the Prospect; but I spoke to all of them in general.

"Which one of you genius' left the keys in the van so that Chibs could gallivanting off on his own?" I snapped, looking over the three men that were standing in front of me. When none of them said anything, I started speaking once more. "You idiots were supposed to be watching him! He's not supposed to drive while he's on the pills they gave him; yet you all care about is some stupid bullets! I swear to god if something happens to him, you'll each end up with a bullet in your skull!" I was now yelling at them all.

Okay, so maybe that last statement was a bit of an over reaction; but I think I've earned the right to be over reacting right now.

As I stood there, waiting for one of them to say something, the van pulled back into the lot. I turned and began making my way over, just as my husband climbed out of the front seat. My arms crossed over my chest and the look on my face was a dead give away to him that something was not right.

"What the hell were you thinking driving off the way you did? You're not supposed to be driving while you're on your meds!" I scolded him. Chibs was quick to step forward and place his hands softly on my shoulders. "Are you alright, love?" He asked, looking me over.

I couldn't stop myself from scoffing. "Me? You're the one who just got out of the damn hospital!" I reminded him. Hearing someone clear their throat, Chibs and I both looked over to see Clay standing there. "We've got church, brother." Clay nodded towards the club house before walking away. I looked back to my husband, "We'll talk about this later." With that, I walked away. Without speaking to anyone else, I made my way into the club house, down the hall, and into our apartment. It was where we stayed when we were too lazy or drunk to go home.

I decided to take a shower to pass the time until the boys finished their meeting. Though, I finished my shower relatively quickly, so I waited another twenty minutes before going searching for him.

I found him sitting at the bar, drinking alone and looking very much depressed. "You didn't come back to the apartment like I thought you would. Wanna tell me what has you looking so worried and depressed?" I asked with a sigh as I sat down next to him.

Ever so slowly, he set his drink down before turning to look at me. "Fiona called me, said something was wrong- so I went to see her. When I got there, it was a ploy set up by Jimmy to have a sit down. When it didn't go his way he threatened me, with you. He had pictures of you doing the laundry at the house later." He spoke in a dull voice; but his words definitely did capture my attention.

Reaching out, I grabbed his hand and moved so that our hands were in my lap. "Listen to me, Filip, he can threaten you all he wants, he can try to act on those threats all he wants; but it won't work. I'm a big girl, you taught me how to handle myself and use a gun. Everything will be okay." As I finished my little speech, I leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his cheek before looking up into his eyes.

"Now is there anything else that's got you feeling like this?" I hummed, pushing his hair out of his face. My anger from before had faded away completely. He took another sip of his drink before answering my latest question. "Jax is leaving, he just transferred to Nomad." He choked out.

Well that definitely did come as a shock. Charming was Jax's home, not only that but for as long as I've known Jax all he's ever wanted was to be president of this charter. Just like his father. I guess I never thought that something would push him to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kaela

I know it's been a few days, sorry I got caught up with work but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!!